IGNORED

Did I Miss Something Against Plymuff

easton boy

Having been to the match on Saturday, and watched a disapointing result, I was somewhat surprised to read that the National Tabloids and Broadsheets say that we were second best to Plymouth who deserved to win?!!

From my, altogether biased view, I did not see it as a game we deserved to lose(obviously scoring one goal less always means you lose). Not one mention of about 4 penalty appeals, couple of goal line clearances and goal mouth scrambles...

In stead the Lead in most of the papers is of Fallon, who probably had as much knowledge of his second goal as I do of quantum physics.

Follow this with the National Press saying Tuesdays night match was devoid of any quality(played in atrocious conditions and entertaining in a blood and guts sort of way - which none seemed to mention), does it seem that the nation is desperate to keep a "small club" in its place?

In physics, quantum mechanics is the study of the relationship between quanta and elementary particles. Among other relationships the valence shell electrons and photons are quantized. Quantum mechanics is a fundamental branch of physics with wide applications in both experimental and theoretical physics. Quantum theory generalizes all classical theories, including mechanics, electromagnetism (except general relativity), and provides accurate descriptions for many previously unexplained phenomena such as black body radiation and stable electron orbits.The effects of quantum mechanics are typically not observable on macroscopic scales, but become evident at the atomic and subatomic level. (Wikipedia)

Having been to the match on Saturday, and watched a disapointing result, I was somewhat surprised to read that the National Tabloids and Broadsheets say that we were second best to Plymouth who deserved to win?!!

From my, altogether biased view, I did not see it as a game we deserved to lose(obviously scoring one goal less always means you lose). Not one mention of about 4 penalty appeals, couple of goal line clearances and goal mouth scrambles...

In stead the Lead in most of the papers is of Fallon, who probably had as much knowledge of his second goal as I do of quantum physics.

Follow this with the National Press saying Tuesdays night match was devoid of any quality(played in atrocious conditions and entertaining in a blood and guts sort of way - which none seemed to mention), does it seem that the nation is desperate to keep a "small club" in its place?

In the Telegraph they had a long report on Saturday's match - written by a named reporter who was there, not a report lifted from an agency - and according to this particuler numpty:

* Bristol City were comfortably second best

* We're playing like a relegation side that are somehow still in second spot

* We never threatened a comeback after Fallon's 2 goals

* Plymouth were hungrier and first to the tackle

* Fallon was the best player on show

* And - you can almost feel the glee from the reporter as he writes - The pressure is telling on us.

So there we are, I must have imagined the 2 goal line clearances, the inept ref, the first half penalty shout (where their defender had his arm raised as he blocked a shot, not much difference from the one he did give)

And they just got lucky with the deflection for the second goal. Yes we should have created more - but this reads like we

were hopeless and outplayed which we definately wern't.

CR

Guest red ken 2

Our name is not Watford or WBA, apart from these two clubs the numpty's that write for the Nationals know little or care less about any other club in this division. Having said that the local hack's are no better, David Foot Mail on Sunday, got my doubts if he was even at AG, and tonights Evil Post same old rubbish just a differnt name.

In the Telegraph they had a long report on Saturday's match - written by a named reporter who was there, not a report lifted from an agency - and according to this particuler numpty:

* Bristol City were comfortably second best

* We're playing like a relegation side that are somehow still in second spot

* We never threatened a comeback after Fallon's 2 goals

* Plymouth were hungrier and first to the tackle

* Fallon was the best player on show

* And - you can almost feel the glee from the reporter as he writes - The pressure is telling on us.

So there we are, I must have imagined the 2 goal line clearances, the inept ref, the first half penalty shout (where their defender had his arm raised as he blocked a shot, not much difference from the one he did give)

And they just got lucky with the deflection for the second goal. Yes we should have created more - but this reads like we

were hopeless and outplayed which we definately wern't.

CR

I agree 100 %. The problem is CR, and I was hoping to post this topic without saying it, by moaning about the Press and their blinkered view of us, we come across as a bunch of whiny yokels a la "we're Man U and nobody likes us" etc. etc.

The truth of the matter is that it was a evenish game, which we probably JUST edged(without taking our chances) yet the press seem to have written their reports well before 3pm on Saturday.

Again, as they have for most of the season, they are trying to foretell our downfall before it happens and are writing their stories to suit. I have no problems if they were talking about the Leics game, but thinking about it they were churning up the same "outplayed" argument when we visited Charlton - which obviously wasn't the case.

CAMPAIGN FOR BALANCED REPORTING PLEASE !

p.s. we are Bristol City and we don't care

Archived