IGNORED

Big Big Tactical Problems Last 10 Games!

anders1984

Firstly let me say I'm a MASSIVE Gary Johnson fan and I'm delighted where we are in the league after 39 games. but our style of football for the last 10 games or so, coinciding with the signing of Adebola has DEFINATLY changed. This season we have been commneted on as a team that plays an attractive style of football in the media, perhaps over achieving but no one seems to begrudge us of that!!!

Earlier in the season i was loving watching sproule and McIndoe pacing it and creating outwide with tough tackling from Elliott and Johnson running round doing abit of everything. But REALLY THINK NOW:-

When was the last time you saw crosses coming in from wide positions or us even score a goal from a cross.

Take the match against Plymouth for example. I actually didnt think we deserved to lose. BUT Everything was just wacked straight down the middle in hope that Adebola could flick on or bring it down. It is very very predictable. players that are brilliant on the floor Carle, Johnson, Sproule, McIndoe and even Bradley Orr who literally can ' run us out of trouble sometimes' are being totally wasted for a long ball game that isnt creating chances. The amount of times at the moment I see McIndoe playing inside with the midfielders providing no outlet for the defenders or to spread play is seriously annoying me!! he was even out on the right wing and up front along side Adebola. The left side of the pitch being left completely empty!!!

Our intentions were made clear with the introduction of Vasko up front after 58 mins!!! yes i know we did it earlier in the season and it worked. but that was literally a last chance effort to grab a goal. not the source of the main part of our play!! GJ badly wanted a big strong striker and in Dele hes got it without a doubt!!but we have definatly been playing a different brand of football. and it IS too predictable!! I don't wanna whinge guys but I'm exited like everyone else about going up and i think we can!! I just don't wanna blow it for the sake of playing centralised long ball tactics till the end of the season!! Cmon we are not Watford, sorry i mean HOOFORD!! GET IT DOWN BOYS AND PLAY LIKE WE CAN!!

P.s i seriously hope we smash those welsh B*stards on saturday!!

thoughts welcome!!!!!!!

Ok i didnt make it to that one but charlton i did and it was much the same!! although to be fair we played really well!! at home especially though!! seriously!! it is a problem whether you chose to ignore it or not! colchester is one example of what we should be doing! think of the last home games!!!

corner is different!! crossing from the wings is more the issue. i was at the charlton game! played well to be fair!! !! are you denying that were just playing down the middle then?? it must just be me who thinks it!!!!

by the way plymouths corner on saturday was a joke!! the vall looked a foot aoutside the circle!! why did Elliott who was next to it not interviene!!! half the Dolman were screaming about it!! he must have heard!! i would have in an amature match!! and boom goal for plymouth!! god i hate being cheated!! haha

Guest Garfunkle

the reason we arent looking as dangerous from crosses is because earlier in season elliott was gettin in box now he isnt. when you don't have that runner from midfield it is a lot easier to defend

agree with you coompletely if we were winning there would be no problem. infact id be loving it!! but results have dried up, and maybe its because other teams are stepping it up to play the the 'top of the league' side. but i doubt it. i think its what were doing more than what they are!!

Firstly let me say I'm a MASSIVE Gary Johnson fan and I'm delighted where we are in the league after 39 games. but our style of football for the last 10 games or so, coinciding with the signing of Adebola has DEFINATLY changed. This season we have been commneted on as a team that plays an attractive style of football in the media, perhaps over achieving but no one seems to begrudge us of that!!!

Earlier in the season i was loving watching sproule and McIndoe pacing it and creating outwide with tough tackling from Elliott and Johnson running round doing abit of everything. But REALLY THINK NOW:-

When was the last time you saw crosses coming in from wide positions or us even score a goal from a cross.

Take the match against Plymouth for example. I actually didnt think we deserved to lose. BUT Everything was just wacked straight down the middle in hope that Adebola could flick on or bring it down. It is very very predictable. players that are brilliant on the floor Carle, Johnson, Sproule, McIndoe and even Bradley Orr who literally can ' run us out of trouble sometimes' are being totally wasted for a long ball game that isnt creating chances. The amount of times at the moment I see McIndoe playing inside with the midfielders providing no outlet for the defenders or to spread play is seriously annoying me!! he was even out on the right wing and up front along side Adebola. The left side of the pitch being left completely empty!!!

Our intentions were made clear with the introduction of Vasko up front after 58 mins!!! yes i know we did it earlier in the season and it worked. but that was literally a last chance effort to grab a goal. not the source of the main part of our play!! GJ badly wanted a big strong striker and in Dele hes got it without a doubt!!but we have definatly been playing a different brand of football. and it IS too predictable!! I don't wanna whinge guys but I'm exited like everyone else about going up and i think we can!! I just don't wanna blow it for the sake of playing centralised long ball tactics till the end of the season!! Cmon we are not Watford, sorry i mean HOOFORD!! GET IT DOWN BOYS AND PLAY LIKE WE CAN!!

P.s i seriously hope we smash those welsh B*stards on saturday!!

thoughts welcome!!!!!!!

Colchester away, when Adebola should have got another one too from a cross by McIndoe. Still not quite sure how he missed that.

I've watched the highlights of the Plymouth game again...

McAllister cross - Byfield shot blocked

McIndoe cross - Adebola heads wide

McAllister cross - Adebola shot blocked by defender's arm

Orr cross - Byfield puts wide in collision with keeper

McIndoe cross - Keeper flaps and fortuitously manages to drop on loose ball

Carey driven cross blocked for corner after beating fullback

Elliott header blocked on line from McIndoe corner

McAllister cross to Vasko, knockdown drops to Byfield - deflected wide

McAllister cross for Adebola - headed wide. Trundle couldn't get a touch as it bounced across goal.

McIndoe cross helped back in by Sproule - overhead kick over by Vasko.

Interchange between Sproule and Trundle on right. Sproule feeds in Trundle whose shot is spilt by keeper.

Colchester away, when Adebola should have got another one too from a cross by McIndoe. Still not quite sure how he missed that.

I've watched the highlights of the Plymouth game again...

McAllister cross - Byfield shot blocked

McIndoe cross - Adebola heads wide

McAllister cross - Adebola shot blocked by defender's arm

Orr cross - Byfield puts wide in collision with keeper

McIndoe cross - Keeper flaps and fortuitously manages to drop on loose ball

Carey driven cross blocked for corner after beating fullback

Elliott header blocked on line from McIndoe corner

McAllister cross to Vasko, knockdown drops to Byfield - deflected wide

McAllister cross for Adebola - headed wide. Trundle couldn't get a touch as it bounced across goal.

McIndoe cross helped back in by Sproule - overhead kick over by Vasko.

Interchange between Sproule and Trundle on right. Sproule feeds in Trundle whose shot is spilt by keeper.

Take corner kicks out of it!! you could potentially get one from shhoting from the halfway line!! Are you saying were not definatly just playing HOOF and Hope ALOT MORE?? I don't know what listing the chances proves. i know crosses work thats my point but were refraining from doing it more by banging it long from deep!! if you were there did you see how many went through to the keeper or out for goal kicks, it was soaking wet, the ball was obviously just going to skid through!!

Take corner kicks out of it!! you could potentially get one from shhoting from the halfway line!! Are you saying were not definatly just playing HOOF and Hope ALOT MORE?? I don't know what listing the chances proves. i know crosses work thats my point but were refraining from doing it more by banging it long from deep!! if you were there did you see how many went through to the keeper or out for goal kicks, it was soaking wet, the ball was obviously just going to skid through!!

There's one corner in that lot.

Listing the chances was in response to your comment:

But REALLY THINK NOW:-

When was the last time you saw crosses coming in from wide positions or us even score a goal from a cross

WERE THE CROSSES FROM THE BYLINE OR WERE THEY FROM DEEP?? THE LATTER I THINK YOUL FIND??

look abviously i got it completely wrong!! were playing free flowing football with not a hint of HOOF about us!! the crosses are reigning in and we look like scoring from every op!!! i just think theres a reason why were not winning at the moment.

WERE THE CROSSES FROM THE BYLINE OR WERE THEY FROM DEEP?? THE LATTER I THINK YOUL FIND??

look abviously i got it completely wrong!! were playing free flowing football with not a hint of HOOF about us!! the crosses are reigning in and we look like scoring from every op!!! i just think theres a reason why were not winning at the moment.

THEY WERE FROM A NUMBER OF DIFFERENT AREAS OF THE PITCH, BUT IF YOU THINK I'M WATCHING IT AGAIN TO CONFIRM, YOU ARE MISTAKEN.

WHY ARE WE ALL SHOUTING?

Nobody is telling the players not to put quality crosses in.

Gary can spend all week drilling them in what he wants to see happen, but when they cross the white line on a Saturday afternoon it's largely out of his hands.

The players are under pressure to deliver. Different players react in different ways. Some panic and cross too early, whilst others try to do too much and lose the ball. Some will shake off the pressure, "trust their training" and do what Johnson wants them to do.

Johnson's task now is to make sure he puts out a team containing 11 players in the last group.

corner is different!! crossing from the wings is more the issue. i was at the charlton game! played well to be fair!! !! are you denying that were just playing down the middle then?? it must just be me who thinks it!!!!

by the way plymouths corner on saturday was a joke!! the vall looked a foot aoutside the circle!! why did Elliott who was next to it not interviene!!! half the Dolman were screaming about it!! he must have heard!! i would have in an amature match!! and boom goal for plymouth!! god i hate being cheated!! haha

Ivan Sproule can't cross

He can run all day long with or without the ball, as can McIndoe, but the end product isn't good. I agree that hoofing the ball up to Adebola is a bit of a shit way to go about playing and I'd rather watch Trundle or Byfield up front but, if it means Premiershup football next season, so be it

Archived