IGNORED

Just Wondering If Our Ground Is

Guest churchill gaffer
Looks like the Rovers are reconsidering NOT relocating to cheltenham

Me thinks it could be our ground there looking at OR more likely

the mems redevelopments plans might be cancelled?????????????????

SL has already told you THEY WILL NOT BE COMING TO ASHTON GATE!

They are looking at Swindon.

If you read the coments from Ron Craig Gas Chairman, he says everything depends on getting the planning permission in April from the Planners.

So they may still not go anywhere ?

I have read somewhere that cheltenham have worked out their budgets for next year and it doesn't include receiving any money for rent from rovers. which suggests they may not go there. I know cheltenham fans don't want them there either.

Can't see them sharing with us though. its of no benefit to us if they do. maybe they should go to mangotsfield its a better playing surface i imagine than the mem and should have a big enough capacity for their loyal fan and his dog!

I have read somewhere that cheltenham have worked out their budgets for next year and it doesn't include receiving any money for rent from rovers. which suggests they may not go there. I know cheltenham fans don't want them there either.

Can't see them sharing with us though. its of no benefit to us if they do. maybe they should go to mangotsfield its a better playing surface i imagine than the mem and should have a big enough capacity for their loyal fan and his dog!

Funnily enough, I don't think that is such a preposterous suggestion. It's in an area of town that's more traditionally Rovers than City and even though only holds 2,500, if they could double that with temporary stands then that would probably meet their needs.

Cossham Street

that aint ever going to happen the board have said it will not be considered at any point they are now talking to swindle fc bout ground share me thinks that it will happen cos swindon do not have a pot in which they can relieve themselves so would suit them.

If you ask me they will be there for good bristol rugby will kick em out and have squatters rights and who would blame em.

p.s i went to the gate to get tickets for norwich game and the guy showed me the seats long story anway long story short i got a pic of me sat in the Home duggout!!!!!

So let me get this right they don't want to go to Cheltenham because they don't think it is big enough? Yet the other week they only had 4000 at the memorial. Swindon didn't want the gippos there before because of the behavior of there fans and there fans opposition to a ground share. Can't see why they would change there minds.

This new stadium I doubt will go ahead. They will just say at the end of the season we can't find no where to play.

So let me get this right they don't want to go to Cheltenham because they don't think it is big enough? Yet the other week they only had 4000 at the memorial. Swindon didn't want the gippos there before because of the behavior of there fans and there fans opposition to a ground share. Can't see why they would change there minds.

This new stadium I doubt will go ahead. They will just say at the end of the season we can't find no where to play.

That what I can't work out...Whaddon Road capacity is around 7,300.

To be honest I would rather not see them at Whaddon Road next season, I would welcome the money, but is £100,000 worth all the hassle?

Thought it quit strange the comment that Whaddon Rd is'nt big enough. from comments from some of there loyal supporters/season ticket holders is that they will not renew season tickets and would pick and choose the games they go to. that does'nt suggest that Whaddon Rd would be to small, but quit the opposite.

If they do come to Ashton Gate I won't set foot in there until the new stadium's built. Don't want them anywhere near our home. How would you lot react if squaters moved into your home? You can't get them out and if you did it would cost more money than it's worth to clean up the mess. Over my dead body! :ranting:

Guest MaloneFM

If the money's there to strengthen the squad and they have to spend every home game reading the words BRISTOL CITY picked out in the seats then I'm all for it.

But I feel that the pie in the skystad has finally bitten the dust. And they will be blaming the council. But no doubt the locals will have no hard feelings towards them after being buggered about for a few years.

Rovers stadium is still far from a dead cert.

The Council can't really object to the structure of the stadium, stands etc as that is already in place, but what they can and are objecting too is any new development like the student accomodation (and the problems that brings).....of course this is key to the financing of the project.

Don't rule them staying where they are and just completing basic modernising of some of the stands one by one.

The gas playing at our ground. Are you having a laugh,I agree.

BUT money talks and makes people do funny decisions?

Laugh , laugh , laugh all the way to the bank .

No way would they go to the Gate , or would they ???

Bigger gates ??? More money in their coffers and ours ???

If they are to move on with their ground schemes they got to keep decent money coming in and are not going to do this at the City reserves ground in Cheltenham .

Suck up for a season and down the Gate is a possibility .

Don't rule them staying where they are and just completing basic modernising of some of the stands one by one.

Nail on the head!

I always though Cheltenham was unlikely. Up until the week before it was announced they were still talking to Swindon. but they had promised to let fans know where they would be playing by a certain date - and when Swindon fell through - they couldn't admit they had nothing else planned and Cheltenham suddenly came out of the blue. The move to Whadden Road has been put back once and now - suprise suprise - it's looking unlikely.

There's a recession coming, banks arn't lending, credit crunch,property prices tipped to fall, etc etc - where on earth are they going to get £30M for a project that depends on a property development of flats for it's success and income. Especially when - as pointed out - their income stream will be halved (or worse)

for the couple of years they are at Cheltenham/Swindon/wherever when you factor in 2-3000 crowds tops plus rent to be paid to the new ground host, plus the loss of rent from the Rugby, and loss of matchday catering etc (it goes to the host ground) and subsidising coaches etc etc.

Sorry Gasheads - you ain't going anywhere.

Maybe they will bolt seats onto the terraces, and put a fixed roof in place of the Tent - that's as good as it gets for them.

CR

Funnily enough, I don't think that is such a preposterous suggestion. It's in an area of town that's more traditionally Rovers than City and even though only holds 2,500, if they could double that with temporary stands then that would probably meet their needs.

Cossham Street

Really can't see it happening to be honest. The car park is tiny, which would mean all the sag fans would be parking up my road :bruce_h4h: . One end is brand new and would have to be knocked down again, the other end is land which they're not allowed to build on if i remember correctly. They wouldn't knock down the stand, so the only place for improvement would be opposite the main stand, which would mean building onto their training pitch.

Really can't see it happening to be honest. The car park is tiny, which would mean all the sag fans would be parking up my road :bruce_h4h: . One end is brand new and would have to be knocked down again, the other end is land which they're not allowed to build on if i remember correctly. They wouldn't knock down the stand, so the only place for improvement would be opposite the main stand, which would mean building onto their training pitch.

Fair enough.

I've never been to Cossham Street so you would have a better idea of the practicalities that I would.

Looks like they're staying at the Minimal then.

Guest mesa boogie
Fair enough.

I've never been to Cossham Street so you would have a better idea of the practicalities that I would.

Looks like they're staying at the Minimal then.

When Rovers are away or not playing (mostly on Tuesday nights) I head up to watch the Mangoes, the money that would have to be spent on getting the ground up to league standard would be incredible. The parking round there would also be a nightmare, it's a non-starter.

Archived