Johnson-Injured

Noble-Injured

Russell-On Loan & Injured

Elliott-Carrying One

Carle-OK

Skuse-Just back from injury

Christ, at this rate we'll have to play a youngster like Artus :surrender:

Time for a quality loan??

I trust the depth in our squad and be nice to give artus a chance, I know your going to say this is a thread on if u want a loan midfielder to come in but it is a forum so answer no I thkn we have great team spirit we ruin this with a risk? personally I don't think Gj will ever use loans again unless it's a must.

I would be interested to know how far our scouting net is spread, there are potentially hundreds of midfield players who could improve our squad....... but where the hell do you start this quest??

GJ and PJ must have tabs on a number of players (providing the agents are doing their bit) pfft, probably not then! becuase agents are C diff but better paid and in human form.

You could allmost spell Cardiff with C diff.....mmmm how interesting.... :noexpression:

I trust the depth in our squad and be nice to give artus a chance, I know your going to say this is a thread on if u want a loan midfielder to come in but it is a forum so answer no I thkn we have great team spirit we ruin this with a risk? personally I don't think Gj will ever use loans again unless it's a must.

No fit midfield players = must?

Elliott-Carrying One

Carle-OK

thats 3 there along with artus.as much as it doesn't look enough I honestly don't see a loan espcially seeing how late in the season it is.

Well i'm being told by the taff's over here that "Ramsay" is going to tear us apart. They say he's 17 and "flipping mint butt". So Cardiff too have a young un in their side. Albeit it's not quite the same as being thrown into a big game as your debut.

Other option= Wilson at RB, Orr at CM?

(not that i'd fancy it myself)

Or... where's Keogh? I remember him doing a decent job at the Sags last season in centre mid.

Johnson-Injured

Noble-Injured

Russell-On Loan & Injured

Elliott-Carrying One

Carle-OK

Atus is injured missed the reserve game tonight and they missed him

Guest zider_head

Any ideas of who though ?

I cant think of anyone of the top my head, were you thining defensive midfielder to replace Elliot or Attacking to replace Russell ?

Artus played for the under 18's the other day. How does that work when he's well into his 20th year.

I'me not sure if GJ rates him that highly. Back in Nov 2006, GJ said Artus was very very close to selection. Since then, reserves and a loan out to the Conference. When he plays reserves, this forum reports he is a class above the rest, best player on the pitch etc etc. Not even considered for the bench. Since Artus started getting rave reviews, GJ has signed LJ, Elliot and Carle.

Artus may be offside with GJ as it was posted earlier this season that Artus liked a drink. That rumour was never supported to my knowledge, however it does appear that the career of one of our best Academy prospects has come to a halt. Will be interested to see if he's offerred a new contract this summer, or in fact if he wants to stay and not play.

Artus played for the under 18's the other day. How does that work when he's well into his 20th year.

I'me not sure if GJ rates him that highly. Back in Nov 2006, GJ said Artus was very very close to selection. Since then, reserves and a loan out to the Conference. When he plays reserves, this forum reports he is a class above the rest, best player on the pitch etc etc. Not even considered for the bench. Since Artus started getting rave reviews, GJ has signed LJ, Elliot and Carle.

Artus may be offside with GJ as it was posted earlier this season that Artus liked a drink. That rumour was never supported to my knowledge, however it does appear that the career of one of our best Academy prospects has come to a halt. Will be interested to see if he's offerred a new contract this summer, or in fact if he wants to stay and not play.

I heard that artus fell out with Johnson because he was arrested and had his passport taken from him and he had to miss the latvia trip which Johnson wasnt happy about and so he was shipped out on loan

The grass will always be greener at the other side of the fence. So many talents wasted over the years because we have always had the possibility to overpay average players.. Ten years ago I questioned why going on like that for another 100 years....

COME ON YOU RED YOUTH!!!!!

Well i'm being told by the taff's over here that "Ramsay" is going to tear us apart. They say he's 17 and "flipping mint butt". So Cardiff too have a young un in their side. Albeit it's not quite the same as being thrown into a big game as your debut.

Other option= Wilson at RB, Orr at CM?

(not that i'd fancy it myself)

Or... where's Keogh? I remember him doing a decent job at the Sags last season in centre mid.

Keogh's on loan at Carlisle and I wouldn't like to see him or Orr in central midfield.Vasko can play a holding role and Wilson wouldn't be a disaster on the little I've seen of him in that position.

Atus is injured missed the reserve game tonight and they missed him

Christ,it's worse than I thought!

Bit like the "emergency" :rofl2br: loans! I believe that a club is allowed two overage players or that a player has to be under eighteen by a certain date-Not sure though.

Amuses me when those that spread rumours (not you, but you know who I mean) always relate everything to alchohol because of GJ's well known dislike of pi$$artists.GJ's record on bringing in & retaining kids isn't great and that's not likely to change with seven games left.

We could go with:

4-4-1-1

Murray...Elliott..Skuse.............McIndoe

....Carle...

....Adebola.............

or if we go 4-4-2

Murray..Elliott............Carle.........McIndoe

............Brooker.............Adebola............

I'd love to know who these "players who are feeling the pressure are"

Other decisions (assuming McCombe & LJ out) does Vasko come in?

Fontaine to LB because he's a stronger defender??

Not as many options as usual and one more midfield injury starts to give us a problem.

Gary's already said he won't get a loan player in unless it's to cover an injury to a GK.

Carle's fit and Elliott has had a full week of either rest/treatment/training - whatever is he was needing as this has been the first free midweek for 3 weeks. Another free midweek next week should see LJ fit again for Norwich.

I'm sure it will be

-----------Basso---------------

Orr--------Carey----Fontaine----McAllister

Sproule---Elliott---Carle------McIndoe

----------Trundle---Adebola

Subs: Vasko,Brooker, Murray, Skuse (or Wilson if Skuse is inj) Weale.

I can only see Brooker Murray or Vasko coming from the bench - I don't think GJ will start with any of those 3.

Sproule will need to play very well to stop Murray coming on for the last 30 - or even at H/T. If Trundle rises to the occaision of the derby atmosphere and baracking that he will surely get and plays a blinder then I see Brooks replacing Dele as he doas look knackered later on in games (although he keeps going) - If Trundle isn't effective then Brooks can replace him and play off Dele.

CR

Keogh is at Cheltenham not Carlisle

Yes but he wanted to go to Carlisle because of the biscuit factory :whistle2:

Gary's already said he won't get a loan player in unless it's to cover an injury to a GK.

He didn't actually say that he just said he could undrstand the energency loan rule for goalkeepers not the fiddle that Cjarlton and others have done.He'd use it for injuries, however he's going with this group of players so that's that.If he's right, he'll be a hero-If he isn't?

Carle's fit and Elliott has had a full week of either rest/treatment/training - whatever is he was needing as this has been the first free midweek for 3 weeks. Another free midweek next week should see LJ fit again for Norwich.

I'm sure it will be

I can only see Brooker Murray or Vasko coming from the bench - I don't think GJ will start with any of those 3.

Sproule will need to play very well to stop Murray coming on for the last 30 - or even at H/T. If Trundle rises to the occaision of the derby atmosphere and baracking that he will surely get and plays a blinder then I see Brooks replacing Dele as he doas look knackered later on in games (although he keeps going) - If Trundle isn't effective then Brooks can replace him and play off Dele.

Can't see why 4-4-2 as it doesn't work for us and I reckon there'll be a change at Centre Back.

Can't see why 4-4-2 as it doesn't work for us and I reckon there'll be a change at Centre Back.

neither has 4-4-1-1 for a while now.

too many teams have sussed us out in that formation recently and countered by sticking 5 in midfield themselves to stop us, that then totally kills our game and stops us playing.

4-4-2 produced some of our best football this season at Charlton and apart from the shambles in defence and from Marv on saturday, 1st half we totally controlled the game.

I'm sure it will be

With the exception of Vasko for Fontaine, that is the team that will line up on Saturday.

Looks a good attacking line up to me...

He didn't actually say that he just said he could undrstand the energency loan rule for goalkeepers not the fiddle that Cjarlton and others have done.He'd use it for injuries, however he's going with this group of players so that's that.If he's right, he'll be a hero-If he isn't?

Which is another way of saying - he won't get a loan in - which is actually what I said.

He'll still be a hero though - even if he's wrong (on the loans) , because for 2 seasons he's got much more right then he's got wrong !

Can't see why 4-4-2 as it doesn't work for us .

When I posted my team - I thought Noble was still injured and if Carle was to play in place of Johnson alongside Marv then we would have had no one who could be effective in the "hole". but it's now being reported that Noble's fit so we could go 4-5-1 (which I actually prefer). But we'd have to leave out Trundle and that's a difficult one - he hasn't really done it for us this season but everybody is saying this is THE stage for him, but GJ may disagree & possibly he will have to start from the bench ......along with Brooks, Murray !!

and I reckon there'll be a change at Centre Back

Only if McCoombe is fit

CR

Archived