IGNORED

Hull For The Title?

Sticks

Anyone else think Hull could win this league?? Sunderland did the same last year by winning all their remaining games. They have an easy run in and are only 5 points behind. Nobody is mentionning them but I think they are the danger

Anyone else think Hull could win this league?? Sunderland did the same last year by winning all their remaining games. They have an easy run in and are only 5 points behind. Nobody is mentionning them but I think they are the danger

I thought that at the weekend. While the rest of us are dropping points we're all opening a wide path for them to push through if they keep picking up points. Dark horses indeed.

22 March 2008

Hull v Watford

26 April 2008

Hull v Crystal Palace

04 May 2008

Ipswich v Hull

That's three teams they have yet to play who will be in the hunt for either the playoffs or automatic, of which two are their final matches.

I'm not dissmissing them out of hand as I thought they were cracking against us, but just putting the suggestion that their run in was 'easy'.

Guest zider_head

Cant see it

Remaining games :-

Leicester = need points to stay up

Watford = going for auto

QPR = could still make play offs

Barnsley = not much going on here

Sheff Utd = snap

Crystal Palace = play off push

Ipswich = play off push

Far from easy

Easy games are easy on paper.

Would you have put the result WBA 1 - 4 Leicester at the start of saturday?

Agreed, Hicksy, no games are easy in this league, anyone can beat anyone.

They are in with a good chance, But i believe GJ will gear the lads up and improve.

maybe not the title - but with 6 or 7 games to go it's all about who's in form, and who has the momentum.

We have wobbled a bit - if everybody wins the games in hand we're 4th and Hull are 5th - and have the momentum -but a 5 point gap.

We need to beat Cardiff or it coud be 2pts.

for the record - Hull's fixtures:

Leicester A

Watford H

QPR H

Barnsley A

Sheff U A

Palace H

Ipswich A

Quite tough - but if they win against Watford they could go above them depending on Saturdays's results.

As always - if we win our games there's no need to worry about anyone else!

CR

Craig Fagan can be a big boost. Has been injured. Don't know if he played tonight.

Anyway; COME ON YOU REDS!!!!

I have been mentioning Hull for the last couple of weeks on this Forum. It's not only the fact that their run in looks a bit better than ours, but the fact that they are in good form, and most importantly, scoring goals. The way that ourselves, Stoke and watford are mis-firing, and with west Brom distracted, they could easily sneak through. Just proves how important McCombes stunning goal and Folan and Campbells bad misses were the other week.

Yes I think they could, they are very strong at home plus they play some good football. Probably the only team I'd really like to see go up with us, all the others have been there at some point in their history, HCFC haven't

Hull fan as a friend so I went to see them last night.

They beat a poor Colchester side quite comfortably but they are not a fantastic side. They have good forwards: the lad from Man U is top at this level but a bit wobbly at the back.

The fact that they're in serious contention shows how level the playing field is (dare I say, how poor).

PS Despite saying it several times (but for different reasons), when both Colchester and City were in League 1 together...... that was definitely the last time I'll ever go to Layer Road. :sub:

Archived