IGNORED

Players In And Out

Rednready

Bristol Boy normally starts this one, but its not long now until May and the lists for players leaving or signing should be well advanced by now.

Outs, will include end of contracts, or players not required being available for transfer. Could be surprises.

Keogh, Noble, Murray, Russell, Myrie Williams, B Wilson, Byfield, mostly out of contract, plus some youngsters who have not made the grade.

Ins. Depending on which division we are in, we can bleed teams like Forest and other teams high in Division 1 who don't get promotion. Kris Commons comes to mind. Players from Pemiership teams who get relegated if we get promoted, ditto teams in the Championship who don't get promoted or get relegated. Should be some good pickings like Blackpools Hoolihan.

Who do you think ?

Bristol Boy normally starts this one, but its not long now until May and the lists for players leaving or signing should be well advanced by now.

Outs, will include end of contracts, or players not required being available for transfer. Could be surprises.

Keogh, Noble, Murray, Russell, Myrie Williams, B Wilson, Byfield, mostly out of contract, plus some youngsters who have not made the grade.

Ins. Depending on which division we are in, we can bleed teams like Forest and other teams high in Division 1 who don't get promotion. Kris Commons comes to mind. Players from Pemiership teams who get relegated if we get promoted, ditto teams in the Championship who don't get promoted or get relegated. Should be some good pickings like Blackpools Hoolihan.

Who do you think ?

Being in our position the question should be who would we like to keep?

I for one rate Basso, Carey, McCombe, Wilson, Elliott, Carle, Johnson, Noble, McIndoe, Brooker and Adebola.

I for one rate Basso, Carey, McCombe, Wilson, Elliott, Carle, Johnson, Noble, McIndoe, Brooker and Adebola.

Absolutely frightening prospect.

Debated with my son tonight, who has a fantastic dream tream.

I asked name me strikers/mids/defs/, fees, wages,availability, etc............it's a real struggle !

Ok lets try again, I was hoping for some names.

Promoted or not we will be losing pretty much the same group of players, so who do you think ?

Promoted or not we will be needing some quality players at a good price. Do any of you want to nominate some players who would be value in another Championship promotion chase or in the Premiership.

I've nominated Kris Commons and Hoolihan from Forest and Blackpool. If we get promoted the prices will rise, but we have to have some targets right now, promoted or not. Remember the last 2 seasons, plenty of clubs had their signings done and dusted as soon as the transfer season opened. Plenty of the best players and best bargains, have made up their minds they want to move by this time of the year and wont mess around until August to make a decision.

wouldnt mind seeing a sneaky £2m bid for fraser campbell during pre-season, regardless of if we get promoted or not.

lets face it, he will never be given a chance at utd, much like shawcross, so why not...

would be a mint signing!! cant see him coming though, and i think if he carries on the way he is at the moment for hull i think his price will rise, probably a lot more than 2 million!

Who do you think ?

I do think it's disrespectful to be discussing and speculating who might be released or listed.

3 of the players you mentioned could be in the 16 against Cardiff and if any or all feature you will no doubt be expecting them to give everything for the cause - as I'm sure they will. So lets give all the squad some respect (they deserve it - we're 2nd FFS) and let them finish the job and bring the success we all want.

As regards players coming in - Pete Johnson said in interview they are compiling 2 lists - depending on where we finish.

I would doubt Commons or Hoolihan would be of interest if we go up.

Last summer we signed 7 - and really only 2 have been 100% successes (Marv and McIndoe) and added Carle and Dele who have also been good, but our most consistent players have been those we already had (Basso, Carey, Lee Johnson, Orr, fontaine, and Boom Boom once he got fit and up to the pace.

Our biggest assest is our workrate and team spirit and for that reason I don't expect a load of high wage Premier "stars" to come in. A couple of good young championship players perhaps and maybe an overseas striker with pace and a good scoring record - but not many more.

What the lowest position you can finish in the Prem and get a place in the UEFA cup !!!!!!!!!!!

CR

Replace Trundle with Byfield and I'd agree.

On what basis? because trundle cost a million? Byfield has 8 goals with a lot less playing time than trundle. I think if we stay down, Byfield is good enough for this level, although Trundle is not, this is proved by the fact he only has 4 goals.

As everyone says it depends what league but assuming we stay down...

OUT:

Byfield (getting on and not going to help us in the long term)

Murray (well maybe a coaching role but no longer needed on the playing staff)

Noble (The signing of Carle means it will be hard for him to get in the side in the future)

Russell (getting on and always been a lower league player)

Betsy (not very good)

IN:

Pacy Striker

Left Back (decent cover)

If we go up I think we need at least 6 or 7 new players and only Basso, Elliott, McIndoe and possibly Carle could cut it.

Guest Eamer

:clapping: hahahaha good one!

Who do you think ?

i got a load of crap 4 putting same sort of post

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...&hl=PAPA650

but will be interesting to see outcome if we go up

One player not mentioned and I really do hope that we take up the agreed option to buy Tamas Vasko.

I think that he has proved that he really is one for the future.

Good call.

Its sometimes easy to forget that we currently only have him on loan at the moment, so yes sign him up permanantly

Vasko is well worth a contract, especially as Carey will be in his 32 nd year. Vasko could well be our best center back by the end of next season. I would try and keep Ribiero, Artus and James Wilson from the 18-20 year olds.

There will be many who say no, but I would make a cheeky bid and try and get Brooker back with Lita. We tried to get Lita in January so GJ or SL have it in mind. Obviously they play well together, was it 40+ goals in a season last time. We can hope that Lita is more mature with a few more birthdays, I was at that age and so were most of you ?

Lets do it early this year, and not be messing around with transfers in August, I agree with an earlier poster. If players want to move, in many cases they have their minds made up by now, especially if their current club is going down or going nowhere.

I would like to see us get someone like Anichebe or Vaughan from Everton on loan for the season whatever division we are in. I think some clubs are willing to let there young players get some experience at good footballing clubs. It benefits everyone. Look what Miller has done at West Brom and Campbell at Hull.

Here's an odd'un if we do get promoted... Taylor Twellman from New England Revolution. 6-year Mainstay and chief goal scorer at the club (26 goals last season), 'only' 28 years old, already has Bundesliga experience and could be worth a shot as the American market must still be relatively cheap (no more than £3m surely as nobody else has come in for him AFAIK, right?)

I've not watched much over the last couple of years but the standard is steadily creeping up; No handful of teams have had dominion over the league due to the environment (although a new team, Houston Dynamo, have won the MLS Cup in both its first 2 years) and new teams are joining the league on average one-per-year, and they all draw from pretty much the same pot of players that are in the system and joining from colleges so it's a fairly even playing field.

Truth be told the teams themselves vary from Mid-Championship to Mid-League-One but with the Beckham coup they'll want to add around 50-60% on top of what they're actually worth. Twellman is by-and-large NE's star player now that Pat Noonan has buggered off so the team will want at minimum £1.5m because the season will be in full swing when any buyers come in. I'd say that was a good shout, but no more than £2.5m at the very highest

Shoot me down or explain why not...... but I could see Scott Murray in a Rovers shirt for season, unless he just wouldn't do it?

Good signing for them too I'd say...... not being funny..... just time catches up on us all..... he is no spring chicken

but when I have seen him in the reserves for us he still looks the pro he always has been..... and a fit pro despite his age.

That said I can't see him lasting as BCFC as a player ...... so

Some "fans" amaze me - the season's not over yet, we don't know if we'll be playing Premiership or Championship football next season and some people are already on here stating which players should leave and why - talk about giving them a major confidence boost for the run in.

:bruce_h4h:

Imagine you're one of the players named in the thread as someone who should be let go, and for some reason (injury to other, suspension etc) you get called up to the first team squad for the last game of the season - what exactly is your motivation to go out and perfrom in front of the people who have been slating you as not good enough............

:10_1_108:

Get a grip, get a life and support the team, every member of it - whether you think they are good enough or not.

:icecream:

Archived