IGNORED

Cardiff Could Be Minus 10!

madmax

Spoke with a colleague in our Cardiff office and also a Cardiff City season ticket holder, he told me that by the time we play them, they could have 10 points deducted. They have a court case tomorrow and if Hamman stands his ground on payments, they could have 10 points deducted and they go into administration.

I don't know the full details and don't really want to but it could put them into a relegation spot making Saturdays game very interesting, if it isn't already!

MM

I think the best outcome for us would be for the case to be adjourned.

If they get 10 point deducted - seige mentality like already suggested and they will be in a relegation dogfight.

If they win their case then they will be on a high and playing with an air of freedom.

If they have their case adjourned, then uncertainty still hangs over them.

If they get 10 point deducted - seige mentality like already suggested and they will be in a relegation dogfight.

If they win their case then they will be on a high and playing with an air of freedom.

From what I've read, I don't think Cardiff can win as such at this point.

From the BBC:

The judge is to decide whether the club have a strong enough defence to go to trial, or he could rule in Langston's favour without the need for a full trial.

Sounds as though the options are either Langston's win or it's adjourned to a full trial at a later date.

The decision will be made today.

From what I've read, I don't think Cardiff can win as such at this point.

From the BBC:

The judge is to decide whether the club have a strong enough defence to go to trial, or he could rule in Langston's favour without the need for a full trial.

Sounds as though the options are either Langston's win or it's adjourned to a full trial at a later date.

The decision will be made today.

Still funny considering who is behind Langstons - made I LAUGH.

Spoke with a colleague in our Cardiff office and also a Cardiff City season ticket holder, he told me that by the time we play them, they could have 10 points deducted. They have a court case tomorrow and if Hamman stands his ground on payments, they could have 10 points deducted and they go into administration.

I don't know the full details and don't really want to but it could put them into a relegation spot making Saturdays game very interesting, if it isn't already!

MM

they owe millions to someone and they want there money now,

but the chairman said it was agreed to be payed at a later date.

I wouldnt exactly say I was cardiffs number 1 fan, but sam hammam was in charge of the club when he agreed the loan, which was acquired from his own company - Langston - then left, and is now demanding the loan be repaid immediately. What a ####er! If that goes through he will kill the club - no one is going to buy Cardiff City for that much money, and have to spend another 20 million on the stadium. If it was any other club I would be outraged, but seeing its them, I feel moderate pitty for them!

Si.

I wouldnt exactly say I was cardiffs number 1 fan, but sam hammam was in charge of the club when he agreed the loan, which was acquired from his own company - Langston - then left, and is now demanding the loan be repaid immediately. What a ####er! If that goes through he will kill the club - no one is going to buy Cardiff City for that much money, and have to spend another 20 million on the stadium. If it was any other club I would be outraged, but seeing its them, I feel moderate pitty for them!

Si.

I feel sorry for my work colleague who has been a supporter for 30 years or so. But, thats the football climate nowadays I'm afraid. It's all money money money.

I'm glad Lansdowns in charge.

MM

I feel sorry for my work colleague who has been a supporter for 30 years or so. But, thats the football climate nowadays I'm afraid. It's all money money money.

I'm glad Lansdowns in charge.

MM

Their not in Administration. Details will be published later.

MM

they may have avoided administration, but in 8 years time they are going to have to repay £30 million. They need to get to the premier league to pay for it. If they cant, they are just prolonging the agony.

I know when Sham Hammam took over they spent big money on Peter Thorne and Kavanagh and a few others to get them up, but what happened with the rest of the money? They sold Earnshaw and Jerome for big bucks, the youth kid went to spurs, and they have that young lad in midfield now who looks really good. Oh well, I will see if I can still sleep tonight thinking about it, I have to say the chances are looking good!

Bluebirds saved from loan crisis

Peter Ridsdale said the club would go into administration if it lost

Cardiff City Football Club has been saved from a financial crisis after a High Court judge rejected a bank's bid to force it to repay £24m in loans. Swiss investment bank Langston is suing the club over the loan and had sought "summary judgment" - meaning the club should pay up now. But Mr Justice Briggs, sitting in London, dismissed the claim.

As a result, the case could now go forward to a full trial if both sides cannot resolve the issues.

Cardiff's former chairman Sam Hammam has been named by the club's barrister as the man behind Langston.

Peter Ridsdale, Mr Hammam's successor at the club, said he was "relieved" and pleased with the result.

I sincerely hope they will sit around the table and realise that an amicable situation is the only way forward for both parties

Peter Ridsdale, Cardiff City chairman

"We feel that the actions over the past few months have been strangling the club and have been unnecessary," he added.

Langston wanted £24m of a total £31m in loans to be repaid immediately.

However, the FA Cup contenders claimed the loan is not repayable until 2016 and it could face an uncertain future if it lost the case. The judge said the case was "clearly unsuitable for summary determination".

A two-month delay on any trial has been agreed in the hope that it can now be resolved without the need for further court action.

'Amicable conclusion'

Speaking after the hearing, Mr Ridsdale said: "I sincerely hope they will sit around the table and realise that an amicable situation is the only way forward for both parties."

The club's counsel, David Wolfson, said: "It has always been the club's aim to reach a settlement without incurring further legal costs and, over the next two months, we hope very much to do that so we can concentrate on matters on the field where, I'm glad to say, we have enjoyed some success."

Sam Hammam was named as behind Langston

The judge extended the time limit for Langston to renew its application for permission to appeal to the Court of Appeal until June 10.

Langston will now have to pay the agreed costs incurred by Cardiff City in contesting the summary judgment application after the judge refused to delay payment pending any renewed application for leave to appeal.

The ruling comes at a crucial time for the Championship club, who face Barnsley in the FA Cup semi-final at Wembley on 6 April. Mr Ridsdale had said administration would be a realistic scenario if the club lost the case.

That would lead to an automatic 10-point deduction which would threaten the club with relegation and affect plans for a new stadium near their Ninian Park ground.

Langston's counsel, Michael Driscoll QC, had told the court it was common ground that the investment bank was a substantial creditor of the club and that the debt owed to it was in excess of £15m.

It was also common ground that Langston loaned £24m to the club in 2004, and it had yet to be repaid anything.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/7305136.stm

http://www.cardiffcityfc.premiumtv.co.uk/p...1269291,00.html

Looks like you have, at least in part, got your wish.

Off the field problems do not seem to have affected their form in the cup!

This match is now massive for BCFC; we need to take at least a point but even that may not be sufficient. I think we should go and play our normal game, enjoy it as GJ espouses and we may come away with a narrow win.

Archived