IGNORED

Wags- Unsung Hero's ?

I think the WAGS deserve a mention after all the players have been perfoming out of their skins this season now that is a lot to do with the management team down at the gate.

But the players wives and girlfriends also have played there part picking the players up when they are down and keeping there feet on the ground. Most importantly making sure they stay on the straight and narrow.

I'm sure they read this site and it would be nice for us to get behind them to show them that we appriciate there efforts.

Keep up the good work!!!!

I think the WAGS deserve a mention after all the players have been perfoming out of their skins this season now that is a lot to do with the management team down at the gate.

But the players wives and girlfriends also have played there part picking the players up when they are down and keeping there feet on the ground. Most importantly making sure they stay on the straight and narrow.

I'm sure they read this site and it would be nice for us to get behind them to show them that we appriciate there efforts.

Except for Trundle's though yea? Hardly fair leaving him like that poor lad, no wonder he has no confidence.

We should arrange a speed dating session just for LT, then surely that will improve his on the pitch activity? :noexpression:

Except for Trundle's though yea? Hardly fair leaving him like that poor lad, no wonder he has no confidence.

We should arrange a speed dating session just for LT, then surely that will improve his on the pitch activity? :noexpression:

Who knows, perhaps it was his off pitch activity behind the reason she left him, nudge,nudge, wink wink

to be fair the WAGs do deserve a lot of credit. I heard Basso has a dog and this season after making the mistake against Middlesboorugh the dog helped Basso get over the mistake. Well done Bassos dog , i have it on good authority that the players pets read the forum as well!

if anything the WAGs likely to distract the players! Not tht I'm saying they shudnt hae wifes and girlfriends, just at end of day players and the manager take brunt wen things go badly, so player and managers deserve credit when things go well

to be fair the WAGs do deserve a lot of credit. I heard Basso has a dog and this season after making the mistake against Middlesboorugh the dog helped Basso get over the mistake. Well done Bassos dog , i have it on good authority that the players pets read the forum as well!

if anything the WAGs likely to distract the players! Not tht I'm saying they shudnt hae wifes and girlfriends, just at end of day players and the manager take brunt wen things go badly, so player and managers deserve credit when things go well

I'm not saying that they are the reason behind our sucess I'm mearly saying that they should get a mention that's all because as you say the players take the brunt when things go wrong the wives are there too just cause there not shoved out in front doesnt mean we shouldnt discuss them.

Well just thought it would be a nice gesture maybe if a die hard poster had started this topic it may have got a different response .

After all GJ did say that we are all in this together that should include everybody at the club from the cleaners to fans.

Everyone not matter how small their contibution has played their part in the teams sucess both on and off the field.

Just to correct you, it was Trundle that finished with his Mrs as he didn't want to settle down.

The Wags are quality, although can't say i fancy any of them! McIndoe's bird is probably the best, but 'my gosh...don't you just know it!'

I'm not saying that they are the reason behind our sucess I'm mearly saying that they should get a mention that's all because as you say the players take the brunt when things go wrong the wives are there too just cause there not shoved out in front doesnt mean we shouldnt discuss them.

Well just thought it would be a nice gesture maybe if a die hard poster had started this topic it may have got a different response .

After all GJ did say that we are all in this together that should include everybody at the club from the cleaners to fans.

Everyone not matter how small their contibution has played their part in the teams sucess both on and off the field.

I don't think that a die-hard poster would have gotten a different response. Being generous this thread is frivolous.

Where do you draw the line, shall we praise Louis Carey's parents for conceiving him, his schoolmates for helping him play football. Lets analyse Jamie McCombe's view on the canteen staff to see if they are helping or hindering the effort. Maybe he was really looking forward to pasta but got rice and this slightly raised his blood pressure.

At the end of the day its easy to evaluate the success of the coaching staff on players as they're paid to get results. Whether a WAG has helped our league position only they will know and its not down to us as fans to praise them.

honestly. what a silly thread.

Like Heather Mills pleading for credit for writing Paul McCartney's songs.

WAGS if you are reading this (perhaps you started this thread) be careful as public opinion will always be against you for reasons of jealousy, pity or contempt. If you don't like it, there will always be more of your kind (younger, slimmer) to take your place - it's the life you have chosen - and be thankful for these years as in 5-10 years time when your husband or boyfriend is hanging up his boots things will be a whole lot different as the money tap shuts off for the next forty or so years and the shoe and bag fairy fails to stop at your house any more.

not nice but I don't make the rules.

McIndoe's bird is probably the best, but 'my gosh...don't you just know it!'

Friend of mine travelled to a game recently, and due to someone snaffling his ticket from the collection point, was left without tickets.

McIndoe's missus was in the queue and overheard his plight, and gave him some of her tickets. Fair play. Lovely gesture.

With regard to giving the WAGS some support, I personally volunteer to give Mrs. Byfield-to-be some one-on-one support.

jameliaPA_450x277.jpg

WAGS if you are reading this (perhaps you started this thread) be careful as public opinion will always be against you for reasons of jealousy, pity or contempt. If you don't like it, there will always be more of your kind (younger, slimmer) to take your place - it's the life you have chosen - and be thankful for these years as in 5-10 years time when your husband or boyfriend is hanging up his boots things will be a whole lot different as the money tap shuts off for the next forty or so years and the shoe and bag fairy fails to stop at your house any more.

All too true i'm afraid - I once lived with a (now) ex pro and it was the worse few years of my life, the ego's and moods swings alone are hell to put up with.

And if my life was anything to go by WAGS can only take the same credit as all "regular" other halves do, that aren't fortunate enough to live the life of riley.

All too true i'm afraid - I once lived with a (now) ex pro and it was the worse few years of my life, the ego's and moods swings alone are hell to put up with.

And if my life was anything to go by WAGS can only take the same credit as all "regular" other halves do, that aren't fortunate enough to live the life of riley.

cough, cough, NAME AND SHAME.....splutter, splutter

Bloody Rediculous!

Well as silly as seems to you others here find time to comment on Pasties whilst others talk about the size of womens breasts and who has the best bouncing avatar I'm not knocking them.

Prehaps you have been watching to much reality tv not all the players wives live the life luxury, when players ply their trade outside the top flight its not all collen "look at me" Mcwhatshername

honestly i wouldnt have responded in any different a way. TO be fair u later make a very good point that a lot of tripe (worse than this thread) get discussed.

I also agree that everyone makes a contribution, but equally, what do you do if we go on a bad run of form? Start blaming the Wags?

They say "Behind every successful man there is a good women" I tink Basso's wife is a great example of this, from what i understand Bassos wife has had a massive influence on his career in the UK.

It can also be said that "Behind every unsuccessful man there is a woman who held him back, destroyed his drive and defeated him".

It can also be said that "Behind every unsuccessful man there is a woman who held him back, destroyed his drive and defeated him".

This probably says more about your own experiences, that about relationship dynamics in general :)

On the subject of thanking people I would just like to thank my Mrs for letting me and the boy bugger off to football each and every week spending the familys income while staying at home with the other 5 kids we have. She also ensures the clothes are washed and ironed as well as cleaning the house, doing the DIY ( I cant cos I am crap and usually at footie), cooking the meals, doing the shopping and keeping up with the more enjoyable wifely duties. :innocent06:

Well done Mrs F you are one of the reasons City are in the position they are in as you leave me and the boy to 'Get behind the lads' while keeping the home fire burning.

:clap::clap::clap:

On the subject of thanking people I would just like to thank my Mrs for letting me and the boy bugger off to football each and every week spending the familys income while staying at home with the other 5 kids we have. She also ensures the clothes are washed and ironed as well as cleaning the house, doing the DIY ( I cant cos I am crap and usually at footie), cooking the meals, doing the shopping and keeping up with the more enjoyable wifely duties. :innocent06:

Well done Mrs F you are one of the reasons City are in the position they are in as you leave me and the boy to 'Get behind the lads' while keeping the home fire burning.

:clap::clap::clap:

well said i like your style and it is down to your wife in some small way if you stop to think about it bloody hell can't believe I'm tryin to defend my post cause it is a bit naff but with good intentions.

Must think these through before i post.

well said i like your style and it is down to your wife in some small way if you stop to think about it bloody hell can't believe I'm tryin to defend my post cause it is a bit naff but with good intentions.

Must think these through before i post.

I do agree with your sentiments as it is obvious an unhappy home life effects peoples work. I think though we could probably come up with an endless list of things that can affect players performances either positively or negatively.

So just for you Walshy-Shuffle ' Hoo Rahhh for the wags' :goingup:

A lady never tells - believe you me he was hardly a Becks or Ronaldo!! Not a nice time of my life....

NOT A SAG SURELY NOT!!!

Can't be a City player as every lady would love to be deflowered by a City Player, so must have been a SAG, hence the shame( sorry emma)

Not a local team player and definately not Beardsley or Baird!!! And would rather die alone then live with a Rovers player.

Well done Emma, I knew that you had more self respect to do something as despicable as that!!

We look forward to your expose in the NoTW this Sunday.

Archived