IGNORED

Which Ground

BS3_RED

If and i know its a big if we go up, which Prem ground are you most looking forward to going to next season. I have no idea why but for me its White heart lane. its probably to do with watching Match of the day in the Early 80's and always wanting to go there then.

If and i know its a big if we go up, which Prem ground are you most looking forward to going to next season. I have no idea why but for me its White heart lane. its probably to do with watching Match of the day in the Early 80's and always wanting to go there then.

Il let you know when and if we get there!

cant wait to go 2 west ham and chelsea if we go up (I HAVE FAITH) been going to church coughhhhhhhh well i might do if we go up ???????? BS3 will pay 4 me :laugh::englandsmile4wf:

cant wait to go 2 west ham and chelsea if we go up (I HAVE FAITH) been going to church coughhhhhhhh well i might do if we go up ???????? BS3 will pay 4 me :laugh::englandsmile4wf:

I hope the geordies manage to stay up so we can go up there and beat them. Personally, I think they have the most deluded, half baked fans of any premier club which makes St James a cracking trip for away fans. A real laugh!

Guest DrFaustus
I hope the geordies manage to stay up so we can go up there and beat them. Personally, I think they have the most deluded, half baked fans of any premier club which makes St James a cracking trip for away fans. A real laugh!

Just around the time that Keegan took over at Newcastle for the first time, we played them at St James Park in the old division 2, in front of around 12,000. Loyal supporters my arse. Loyal fans are those who followed Manchester City when they were in the third tier and still getting 30,000 crowds, Sheffield United and Wednesday after years of under achievement, Nottingham Forest, Leeds United etc etc. The geordies, cheeky chappies they may be: loyal supporters, they aint.

Just around the time that Keegan took over at Newcastle for the first time, we played them at St James Park in the old division 2, in front of around 12,000. Loyal supporters my arse. Loyal fans are those who followed Manchester City when they were in the third tier and still getting 30,000 crowds, Sheffield United and Wednesday after years of under achievement, Nottingham Forest, Leeds United etc etc. The geordies, cheeky chappies they may be: loyal supporters, they aint.

Well said, that gashead. I was having the identical rant at work yesterday. And I'd add that they have nahging on us Sarf Londoners in the "cheeky chappie" stakes.

Back to the topic, I liked the suggestion that Ashton Gate would be the best prem ground to visit. There would be something magical about a Prem game at the Gate ... never have a better chance to make it happen I suppose.

If we go up, I reckon Villa Park will be a cracking trip - short trip, huge but atmospheric ground, fairly civilised fans unlike their bluenose neigbours, fantastic balti pies and a fighting chance of a point.

Old trafford and the Emirates - anyone know what their allocation is to visiting fans?

3000 for both grounds - unfortunately allmost all Premier Clubs limit away fans to 3000.

Liverpool. Pompey, and West Ham allow only 2000

Boro is 3500, Wigan 5400, Reading and Blackburn is 4000

The other 10 all allow only 3000 (...I didn't look at Derby).

Given the demand for away tickets, and the limited allocation nearly every week , it would not suprise me if City introduced some kind of Away Members club (with an annual fee of course) to give priority over and above S/T holders.

I believe some premier clubs even operate a kind of away season ticket wherby - for a fee - members commit to, and are then guaranteed a seat at EVERY away game. This type of scheme would make it even more difficult for fans only wanting to go to - or are only available for - say-half a dozen games. It's even more of a commitment when you don't know what day or time Sky are going to set the KO for.

I hope we don't go down that road. But - if we do go up there's going to be a scramble for away tickets every time and loads of disappointed fans.

CR

3000 for both grounds - unfortunately allmost all Premier Clubs limit away fans to 3000.

Liverpool. Pompey, and West Ham allow only 2000

Boro is 3500, Wigan 5400, Reading and Blackburn is 4000

The other 10 all allow only 3000 (...I didn't look at Derby).

Given the demand for away tickets, and the limited allocation nearly every week , it would not suprise me if City introduced some kind of Away Members club (with an annual fee of course) to give priority over and above S/T holders.

I believe some premier clubs even operate a kind of away season ticket wherby - for a fee - members commit to, and are then guaranteed a seat at EVERY away game. This type of scheme would make it even more difficult for fans only wanting to go to - or are only available for - say-half a dozen games. It's even more of a commitment when you don't know what day or time Sky are going to set the KO for.

I hope we don't go down that road. But - if we do go up there's going to be a scramble for away tickets every time and loads of disappointed fans.

CR

Thanks CR - most informative.

However, do you think that the other teams will necessarily sell out for our matches. I would suggest that they would see us as (wrongly) unattractive opposition - and therefore (maybe) make more tickets available (espec. if home fans aren't going to buy them)????

grand delusion

thread should have stopped there really.

but ! to keep the thread going, if it was us, having been to anfield/whitehart lane/stamford bridge/riverside/st andrews/pride park/stadium of light/madejski/ i would like to go to old trafford

Done Old Trafford last time we was up there, its an over rated library!

Archived