IGNORED

Adam Baker Makes It Into Colemanballs

Maesknoll Red

Just catching up on Private Eye and noticed that Bristol City's media man, Adam Baker has made it into the hallowed pages, issue 1204, 22 Feb - 6 Mar.

"...He was nearly a victim of his own demise" ADAM BAKER, BBC Radio Bristol.

You pulled a rabbit out of the fire with that one Chris. :clapping:

"They compare Steve McManaman to Steve Highway and he's nothing like him, but I can see why - it's because he's a bit different"

"The good news for Nigeria is that they're two-nil down very early in the game"

"England have the best fans in the world and Scotland's fans are second to none"

"I don't think there's anyone bigger or smaller than Maradona"

"The tide is very much in our court now"

"You can play with a one armed goalkeeper...not at this level"

"At the Argentina game, how would you have guessed that Darren Anderton would have gone off with cramp

A few quotes from Kevin Keegan

17 'They're the second best team in the world, and there's no higher praise than that.'

'I'll never play at Wembley again, unless I play at Wembley again.'

'Shaun Wright-Phillips has got a big heart. It's as big as him, which isn't very big, but it's bigger.'

'You get bunches of players like you do bananas, though that is a bad comparison.'

'We are three games without defeat is another way of looking at it. But if we are honest we have taken two points from nine.'

'I want more from David Beckham. I want him to improve on perfection.'

'Argentina won't be at Euro 2000 because they're from South America.'

'The 33 or 34-year-olds will be 36 or 37 by the time the next World Cup comes around, if they're not careful.'

'You're not just getting international football, you're getting world football.'

'In some ways, cramp is worse than having a broken leg.'

'Goalkeepers aren't born today until they're in their late twenties or thirties.'

'Despite his white boots, he has real pace.'

'I know what is around the corner - I just don't know where the corner is. But the onus is on us to perform and we must control the bandwagon.'

'I'm not disappointed - just disappointed.'

'Nicolas Anelka left Arsenal for £23million and they built a training ground on him.'

Some more quote from our Kev

Personal favourite of mine wasn't actually sport related. It was back in the 80's regarding an IRA member being sent to jail for a bombing. It went something like.

"Of course he may not serve the total of 320 years to which he has been sentenced, because Irish law allows for up 50% remission for good behaviour" :noexpression:

But congratulation's to Adam, it does surprise me that Private Eye readers are listening to Radio Bristol though........... :innocent06:

For me there is one that will always stand out in the memory...and yet i can`t remember exactly which match it was !!!!

Germany, can`t even remember the opponents, the ball in general play and the commentator, in all fairness, not his c**k up, but those words make me giggle............

You have to think of this as in full flow commenatary....

` Here come Germany............

..............Kuntz`

:w00t::clap::yahoo: :tongue: :tomato::banana::rofl2br:

Oh it still makes i larf...

PDG

Best one I know - Scotland v. Bulgaria radio commentary, early 80s. Commentator (David Francie) asks summariser (the great Denis Law, with drink taken), off mic, who's playing no. 10 for Bulgaria. Law gives him a slurred response. Francie says "And it's Vukdivanow on the ball now for Bulgaria"...

:winner_third_h4h::winner_third_h4h::clapping:

As old as the hills, and Cricket on top of that... but still makes I laugh:

'The bowler's Holding, the batsman's Willey' - Johners

I'll get my coat...

During the World Championships in Sweden 1958 one of the radiocommentators was Rudolph "Putte" Kock. He was not used to players from other countries and diden't care to learn their names if they where to odd. In one of the teams this black guy had a very good first half. The problem was that Mr. Kock diden't know his name and referred to him by a word that slaves once where called each time he was in possession of the ball. Swedish BBC of course disliked this and called him at half time and said "Stop it. His name is etc." The line wasen't the best so to make sure the message got through the BBC man said; "Don't use the word N----er, I'm spelling; NIGEL - ISAC - GEOFF - GEOFF - ERIC - RICHARD".

The second half started and the player was still called the same but suddenly Mr. Kock got all silent. Then he said;

-They are saying from Stockholm that his name is Nigel Isac Geoff but I don't believe them!

Who took my coat?

Just catching up on Private Eye and noticed that Bristol City's media man, Adam Baker has made it into the hallowed pages, issue 1204, 22 Feb - 6 Mar.

"...He was nearly a victim of his own demise" ADAM BAKER, BBC Radio Bristol.

Yea I was reading that on the way to Charlton, ohh how it made me laugh

Archived