IGNORED

We're Not In Bad Form After All

LouieDane

Gary likes to assess how we are doing in a longer term than match by match, so as I'm sure you all know he looks at our form after every block of ten matches. This is how we've done:

1st block : 17 points

2nd block: 17 points

3rd block : 17 points

4th block: 16 points

I know in the last 5 matches we have only picked up three points, but when you look at it like that, we're not actually doing that badly recently. So my glass is definitely half full.

And what difference could one point make? :unsure:

Gary likes to assess how we are doing in a longer term than match by match, so as I'm sure you all know he looks at our form after every block of ten matches. This is how we've done:

1st block : 17 points

2nd block: 17 points

3rd block : 17 points

4th block: 16 points

I know in the last 5 matches we have only picked up three points, but when you look at it like that, we're not actually doing that badly recently. So my glass is definitely half full.

And what difference could one point make? :unsure:

But with 3 points from 5 matches we now need 14 points from the next 5 to maintain the same form. So that means we have to win all 5 then. Hmmm.

But with 3 points from 5 matches we now need 14 points from the next 5 to maintain the same form. So that means we have to win all 5 then. Hmmm.

You never know!

Last year we got three wins, one draw and two defeats in the last six which was enough to hold off Forest's charge. We did have a bigger gap over them than we have over Hull and Watford this year, but I'd argue the standard of opposition over those last six was comparatively stronger than this time round.

The league we are in now is far more unpredictable than the one we were in last year and I'd suggest that maybe as many as three of the present top six will not end the season in the playoffs. Maybe one of them will be us, but if you have a peek at some of the games coming up for the likes of Watford, Hull and Plymouth over the next few weeks I'm pleased we have the run in we do!

You never know!

Last year we got three wins, one draw and two defeats in the last six which was enough to hold off Forest's charge. We did have a bigger gap over them than we have over Hull and Watford this year, but I'd argue the standard of opposition over those last six was comparatively stronger than this time round.

The league we are in now is far more unpredictable than the one we were in last year and I'd suggest that maybe as many as three of the present top six will not end the season in the playoffs. Maybe one of them will be us, but if you have a peek at some of the games coming up for the likes of Watford, Hull and Plymouth over the next few weeks I'm pleased we have the run in we do!

I'm still confident of going up - I still think it will be us, Stoke and Hull. But I also think that our 10 game form guide is shot to pieces!

The 3 City's to go up!!

I'm still confident of going up - I still think it will be us, Stoke and Hull. But I also think that our 10 game form guide is shot to pieces!

The 3 City's to go up!!

In a wierd way I feel better after this weeks defeat than the one against Plymouth.

Listening to Charlton vs. WBA on Friday was pretty revealing actually. The West Brom World commentators were not impressed by their team and mentioned how they have been getting more sloppy by the game recently. Comparing that to City who've narrowly missed out on points/victories over the last two thanks to a combination of under-par performances, revved up local opposition and questionable decisions it makes me realise that we are still in the race.

I do think WBA will make it, but they might have to wait until the playoffs, which shouldn't be a problem for them as they do tend to shine in one-off matches. With four home games out of six left I think Stoke will get there too and although Hull look tidy and their form is sensational they have got Palace, QPR, Ipswich and Watford to deal with yet, so will have to play even better to maintain their run. Wouldn't rule it our though!

I guess you mean well but how long can we delude ourselves - we are not playing well but we happen to be second and all this nonsense about being there on merit is nonsense - I am sure we have all seen 6 or 7 Teams that look stronger or better than us even if they are below us in the league - we are second because we have worked hard and had a few breaks along the way

Yesterday I stood with a lot of fans I had not met before and the same on the coach out and back - everyone of them said the same thing, great league position but fortunate to be where we are in the league based on our performances and lack of goals.

Now these were not my usual mates and crew I sit with - but we did all seem to think we were saying the same thing - and then people come on here and post we are doing well - form not to bad etc etc

I am not sure what games half of you watch or attend?

It has been a great season, we are far higher than we could have dreamed off, we could sneak play offs - we are pleased but please keep just an element of realism - we are not playing well - for the most part yesterday we never looked like scoring - and that has been the same for weeks

It will be a shame now if we let of fall away but I think GJ and the Players are all showing signs of edginess - nerves setting in.

For me I think he needs to bring in some slightly older heads (Murray, Brooker, Wilson) to settle things down and just maybe the dream will carry on

Finally, Trundle, tries hard but nothing seems to come off for him and does not look remotely like scoring - if we are going to try and retain a push we have to leave him out - it is just not happening for him at all

Does noone else feel that Cardiff were a good team yesterday?

At times they passed very quickly and moved the ball well.

We ARE lucky to be here.

But our effort has earned our luck, and if we go up we probably will come straight back down, but itll be the best 10 months ever as supporters

Archived