IGNORED

Hull City: Loaning Their Way To The Top?

headhunter

Reading through the reports in today's papers on yesterday's Championship matches I was astounded to read in the write up of the Tigers win at Leicester that they had no fewer then 5 loan players in their line up.

The so called 'emergency' rationale is a joke when you look at how Charlton loaned out McLeod and promptly brought in Sinclair and Lita!!!

GJ says he is going to resist the temptation to bring in outsiders as he does not wish to "... disrespect those in the dressing room who have got us where we are". Phil Brown at Hull obviously doesn't share that view!

Is this a different slant on that old chestnut 'player power'? Surely the manager must put what is right for the club first and ahead of the feelings of indivuduals? Have the current crop of players suddenly twigged that fighting for promotion is much like Turkeys voting for Christmas and that the current dip in form will continue for the ramaining 6 games.

What we have achieved in 07/08 has exceeded all expectations but will it be a flash in the pan on a par with a season long 'cup run'?

So, two issues to consider : should we have been cuter in our playing of the loan system? ; do you think this current side is capable of mounting a serious challenge next year if we don't make it this time?

Reading through the reports in today's papers on yesterday's Championship matches I was astounded to read in the write up of the Tigers win at Leicester that they had no fewer then 5 loan players in their line up.

The so called 'emergency' rationale is a joke when you look at how Charlton loaned out McLeod and promptly brought in Sinclair and Lita!!!

GJ says he is going to resist the temptation to bring in outsiders as he does not wish to "... disrespect those in the dressing room who have got us where we are". Phil Brown at Hull obviously doesn't share that view!

Is this a different slant on that old chestnut 'player power'? Surely the manager must put what is right for the club first and ahead of the feelings of indivuduals? Have the current crop of players suddenly twigged that fighting for promotion is much like Turkeys voting for Christmas and that the current dip in form will continue for the ramaining 6 games.

What we have achieved in 07/08 has exceeded all expectations but will it be a flash in the pan on a par with a season long 'cup run'?

So, two issues to consider : should we have been cuter in our playing of the loan system? ; do you think this current side is capable of mounting a serious challenge next year if we don't make it this time?

Just read that Norwich have loaned a prem striker as well. Just what we wanted to hear.

Wonder why we have not gone down that road?

Respect (a much devalued word these days) is a two way thing. Gary expects the players to put in the effort and earn their places, and because they have put in the effort to do that he doesn't then snub them by importing an outsider to take their place and paying him three times their wages.

should we have been cuter in our playing of the loan system?

No. There's a great team being built and you don't do that with five loan players.

do you think this current side is capable of mounting a serious challenge next year if we don't make it this time?

It won't be an unchanged side. GJ brought in some quality players last summer and will do so again.

They are not breaking any rules so nothing wrong with it imo. If they make the prem then its 60m in the bank and job done, the money speant now loaning these players means nothing to the riches it brings, I wish we would have loaned a prem striker as we would probs be up now. Any team that wins 3 on the bounce more than likely goes up from here. Adebola is not the man, since hes come our style of football has become predictable.

the article doesnt point out the fact that only one of the players is a regular starter and that is fraizer campbell playing 25 games

simon walton has made 5 appearances, 3 of them as a sub

neil clement has only played 3, one of them as a sub

craig fagan has played 2 games

mark taylor has played 0 games

I don't understand why loaning in a player of higher quality would disrepsect the players we have. Surely everyone would understand that a player of Prem quality would make our life easier and get us towards the promised land?

I'm sure the existing players would feel really "disrespected" if a loan player helped them achieve promotion to the Premier League and made them all Millionaires also!

It's ridiculous, Gary Johnson needs to get in the best players he can, regardless of whether they are loanees or not - he wasn't showing too much respect to existing players when we were on our 9 match losing run, and yet how many times has he said in the last few games that out current players aren't performing?

IF WE GET IN LOANS THEN THE OTHERS WILL NOT PEFORM AND WE WILL NOT GO UP ,WE ARE SECOND IN THE TABLE WITH WHAT WE GOT SO WHY NOT LET THEM CARRY ON , IF WE GO UP THEN WELL DONE ,IF WE don't THEN NEXT SEASON WE WILL GET BETTER.

But I don't think we wil get better next season.

Why will other not perform if you get loans? They should be happy we are improving the squad and chances of going up.

it was rather ironic when Norwich had their great run of form Roeder stated he felt it was unfair that he could only name 5 of his 7 loanies in the 16 man squad.

I'd have to say that any professional footballer would not perform on the pitch simply due to having a loanie player in their side, what utter nonsense. In fact for any to not perform knowingly for any reason whatsoever would be highy unprofessional and I do not believe we have that type of player in our squad.

IF WE GET IN LOANS THEN THE OTHERS WILL NOT PEFORM AND WE WILL NOT GO UP ,WE ARE SECOND IN THE TABLE WITH WHAT WE GOT SO WHY NOT LET THEM CARRY ON , IF WE GO UP THEN WELL DONE ,IF WE don't THEN NEXT SEASON WE WILL GET BETTER.

If GJ is still here !!

EXPLAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

because with fans like ours, he might well decide to buger off elsewhere, where he might actually feel wanted

the way things are going and reading some of the utter crap on here at times, I wouldn't be shocked, that if we don't go up this season, he says I've taken this club far enough and takes his talents off elsewhere.

it was rather ironic when Norwich had their great run of form Roeder stated he felt it was unfair that he could only name 5 of his 7 loanies in the 16 man squad.

I'd have to say that any professional footballer would not perform on the pitch simply due to having a loanie player in their side, what utter nonsense. In fact for any to not perform knowingly for any reason whatsoever would be highy unprofessional and I do not believe we have that type of player in our squad.

Talk about taking it to extremes! Nobody is suggesting Andy Cole-like petulance would ensue. But what I am saying is that the position this season is down to team spirit rather than stars and to bring in an expensive loanee now would adversely affect that spirit.

Also the loanee talked about is a striker (lack of goals = we need a striker) but what looks to have caused the recent goal famine is a lack of the quality service from midfield that was being provided earlier in the season.

Just read that Norwich have loaned a prem striker as well. Just what we wanted to hear.

Wonder why we have not gone down that road?

I guess Johnson believes it could potentially undermine the stong dressing room we're alledged to have. Johnson is a very loyal manager and will give the players in his squad every opportunity which is okay if you winning games but when your not question are bound to be asked

When you see players like Fraizer Campbell on loan from Man U to Hull who has 13 goals in 26 league starts it does make you wonder why Johnson hasn't try to bring in at least one quality striker. It was very clear early on that Enoch,Trundle and co were never going to score enough goals yet other than Enoch who seems to be finished the likes of Trundle are still starting games.

It could end up being the difference to which league we're in next season Arn. Hull are the form team in the league and have hit their purple patch at exactly he right time and will now look strong favorites to gain promotion with another, they have used the loan system to thier avantage and fair play to them.

I just pray that Brooker can give us much need left our team needs in the final 3rd.

But I don't think we wil get better next season.

Why will other not perform if you get loans? They should be happy we are improving the squad and chances of going up.

Did you think we'd be second with 6 to go this season? I certainly didn't - but I believe that the plan for GJ and SL was almost certainly to consolidate our status as a Championship side, then strenghten and challenge for the top next season. I believe that if we don't go up this year, we will be better next season, and that will be partly due to the fact that we have not riddled our side with panic loan players now.

Archived