IGNORED

The Black Shirt....

MarcusX

Why do we continue to wear the black shirt away at games such as Leicester and Cardiff?

We wore red at cardiff in the famous Murray show. the colours don't clash at all.

We have lost just twice in Red away from home, and that was WBA and QPR, why don't we wear it more often?

Apparently the players prefer the black as it is lucky, we didn't lose for some considerable time whilst wearing it, therefore they requested we wear it.

Fair enough, i mean looking at it weve lost 3 in 12 games wearing black, and won most of them, but just seems a bit odd. Especially as at the start of the season we all thought the black would be a bad omen.

Apparently the players prefer the black as it is lucky, we didn't lose for some considerable time whilst wearing it, therefore they requested we wear it.

I firmly believe we should always wear our colours away from home unless we are forced to change through a colour clash. Black is not and never has been our colour. I often wonder about players picking out other players quickly when they must be, at times, hard to see. A couple of teams at the gate this season wore a sort of luminous yellow which made them stand out. Yesterday at cardiff, surely, at times under pressure, passes went astray because players couldn't pick out other players quickly enough. :city:

I firmly believe we should always wear our colours away from home unless we are forced to change through a colour clash. Black is not and never has been our colour. I often wonder about players picking out other players quickly when they must be, at times, hard to see. A couple of teams at the gate this season wore a sort of luminous yellow which made them stand out. Yesterday at cardiff, surely, at times under pressure, passes went astray because players couldn't pick out other players quickly enough. :city:

Also the colour RED as been Scientifically proved to be a lucky apparently...... :city:

This is my thought, maybe at a night game the lights make it easier to notice the black? But it definately must be harder like you say when trying to pick out a quick pass.

Also the colour RED as been Scientifically proved to be a lucky apparently...... :city:

Two words Carl Sagan doesn't like to use in the same sentence. However, you are correct Vicky, that statistically teams wearing red tend to do better than teams wearing other colours.

In the animal world, red is thought to be related to fitness, aggression and high levels of testosterone.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4559071.stm

Discussed this somewhere before and never thought black was the ideal colour . Picking out players in a quick pace game must be difficult at times .

Should have played in red yesterday , would have added to the passion and pride . They are our colours after all .

Archived