IGNORED

Tunisia?

Maltshoveller

I was thinking about going there in the new year and the travel agent talked me out of it. If your going for a bit of an adventure holiday, sight seeing etc then apparantly its fine. If your looking for a bit more of a relaxed holiday then it aint the place. Apparantly, its impossible to get alcohol out there, so much so that some shopkeepers take bottles of Whisky as payment!!!!

Its a bit of a weird place, but its only what i've been told.

BRR

edit: if your looking for a cheap holiday, myself and the Mrs went to Benidorm for a week, apartment, taxes, flights etc etc, for £80 each. Absolute bargain. We got it from Thomson holidays on ebay!! Check it out if i was you!!

Guest Harry May

Myself and the better half went there a few years ago. We stayed at Sousse.

It was OK . The weather was damn hot . If you do go ,make sure you have a good hotel - it's not like going anywhere else in the Med - as there is grinding poverty in the towns and countryside. When you step foot outside the hotel , you will get hassled by beggars and children. You have to be very firm with them or they will follow you everywhere. It is a different culture , so you have to show respect and keep covered up in certain places .

You do get lots of Germans out there - it's like the Afrika Korps - but they are more laid back than the Germans who go to Majorca etc.

I enjoyed going there - but it's not for everyone. If you have an open mind and a sense of adventure , give it a go . If your idea of a perfect holiday is lagered up , dancing in a night club to 4 in the morning , it's probably not for you.

Most importantly make sure you get named accomodation and you read up on that hotel on an independant web-site.

Caldicot Red.

Archived