IGNORED

It's Still (remarkably) In Our Hands

Mabbutts-Perm

I'm no mathematician, but my calculations say we still have this in our own hands. It may seem like a long shot but if we win our last six games we'll be up for certain, won't we? Doing so would see us overtake Stoke, and whilst Watford and WBA could in thoery both overtake us, they still have to play each other in a game they can't both win.

Oh, and I appreciate we've had a bad run and need to start winning. But we do need to recognise - if my maths are right - that unbelievably we still have the upper hand. That highlights the need to fill the Gate next Saturday and to suck the ball into the net harder than we ever had before ....

I think it makes the point that the Stoke game is a massive one.

I cant see both us AND them going up now, not with Hull and WBA breathing down our necks.

So, if we can pinch a win at the Britannia and leapfrog above them...

So if we take GJ's 'block of ten games' philosophy, and we treat Cardiff as the final one of the season's fourth block of ten ... and we see there's a block of six to go... then we start at home to Norwich with all fans' guns blazing (and hope the team responds) we are nearly there. The fact remains - it is in our hands. Six wins will see us up, automatically promoted. Let's take advantage of that massive psychological boost ...

I'm no mathematician, but my calculations say we still have this in our own hands. It may seem like a long shot but if we win our last six games we'll be up for certain, won't we? Doing so would see us overtake Stoke, and whilst Watford and WBA could in thoery both overtake us, they still have to play each other in a game they can't both win.

Oh, and I appreciate we've had a bad run and need to start winning. But we do need to recognise - if my maths are right - that unbelievably we still have the upper hand. That highlights the need to fill the Gate next Saturday and to suck the ball into the net harder than we ever had before ....

If we win the remaining 6 games it's very almost a mathematical certainty that we'll be crowned Champions !!!!!!! It's really now up to the players - do they really really want that Championship Champions medal !!!!!!!!!!! :icecream: It's still there for the taking.

Mathematically it is indeed in our hands.

Although West Brom and Watford could both leapfrog us by winning their games in hand, they crucially still have to play each other meaning that one of them will drop points for certain.

Win our remaining six games and we are assured promotion and almost certainly the title (unless either WBA or Watford also win all their matches)

Six wins away from a guarenteed place in the Premier League....this is a situation we could only have dreamt of last year, so lets get off the players back and enjoy it!!

Archived