IGNORED

Bluebirds Soar As City Are Gone In Sixty Seconds

Blagdon red

it's 3 things,

Or perhaps it's a different view to yours

it's called bias against certain players

You mean like yours against David Noble?

no, it's about not favouring players who I don't believe aren't good enough at the current level or are performing well, of which Noble is one of them among others

writing reviews with agenda

Or posting as a pack in reply?

??? yet more examples of digs at groups of people if they disagree with you

and generally being totally out of touch with what the majority of others on here believe, still it's only one person's view.

And there you go speaking for everyone again, something I don't pretend to do

don't pretend to speak for everyone, just your view, it's comments from you such as your reference to the formation played, despite the fact that majority of the reply's to the "suggested team" thread last week that thought we should play 4-4-2 and other comments.

If you have a view, state it as your own, as I do and then let others, without a vested interest, state if they agree or not.Then try to discuss the points in question as opposed to slagging me off because it gets tedious.

Frankly, based on replies to your posting, if you believe that your view represent the majority then you're deluded.

nothing to do with my views, as I know they are just my views which are as worthless as everyone elses if people agree or disagree that's upto them, but it's very petty when large groups of people disagree with you, you get all petty as ever and make up your little names for the groups who disagree to attempt to belittle their views, you moan about people slagging you off? well perhaps if you don't like getting stick, you shouldn't give it out in the first place

Give us your views of the game, for example.

Tactically, what do you consider was right and what was wrong and what should we do to address the fact that we have lost two games and yesterday we only had two efforts on target in ninety minutes?

I have done in many other postings. defence/eliott are the problem recently

still, it's just 2 people out of 10000 people's views

BB, this isn't an attack on you, as i have previously been impressed by your recollections of games. But...! Don't agree with a lot of that report, and unfortunately i expect a little bit of player bias has crept into your write up, which is very disappointing from you.

Elliott was very poor again, he's been at fault for 3 of the last 4 goals and looks a shadow of the player he was in the opening 4 months. What did he do to justify a 6? Other than being a fans favourite. Orr, as a previous poster has mentioned, was totally off the game, out of position and hopeless on the ball. He somehow gets a 6 too because he works hard. Crazy. Carle is just pointless. Lovely going sideways but doesn't actually contribute anything. I just don't get it with him, the sooner LJ is back the better.

I thought Trundle was a box of tricks and a real threat too, and he contributed to the game well. Yeah he didn't get a goal, but he looked a threat and performed better than the three players above. Sproule was left out of the games for Leicester, Watford, and Plymouth which we didn't win any of and didn't score from open play, yet he seems to be shouldering the blame for the Cardiff game? Yeah, it wasn't a great performance from him, but let's get some perspective huh? He has been a key part of our success this season and we shouldn't forget it, the clamouring for Murray is nothing short of misplaced romance.

Finally, we were one inch away from winning that game, when no one around us can buy a win. It's very tough at the top and we need a true togetherness to get us over the line. Wilson in for Orr, Skuse in for Elliott and pray that Lee Johnson is fit!! We can do this, just believe in ourselves... :city:

I was not at cardiff, so cannot commit on the report as such, however, BB's report is always the first one i go to as I normally find myself nodding along in agreement with him...

BUT, I do think the trundle comments are harse, GJ is a stats man and we have won far more games with him in the side then since he has been parked on the bench or in the stands. i realise he must get goals, but when he played we were getting more from the rest of the team.

The final point is WHERE ON EARTH IS MURRAY!! the goals from the middle have dried up and in Murray you have a proven goal scorer, who could easy take a wing berth that is not being fully filled right now by Ivan. He may not have blistering pace but we have seen that even with that, if you lack awareness, positional sense and a good finsh its wasted (for those of you who remember Junior Bent!! )

BB, this isn't an attack on you, as i have previously been impressed by your recollections of games. But...! Don't agree with a lot of that report, and unfortunately i expect a little bit of player bias has crept into your write up, which is very disappointing from you.

Not bias just a rating based on ninety minutes or how ever long they're on the field.If I'd have rated Orr & Elliott based on their second half performances then they would both have been lower, whereas Trundle would have got a better mark for thr first half when he was in the game more-Regretfully, as the saying goes this was a game of two halves.

Elliott was very poor again, he's been at fault for 3 of the last 4 goals and looks a shadow of the player he was in the opening 4 months.

Remember who was first to point out that fact in the last block of ten review and who got panned for it? The next one will be on the ST Site soon and, as you will see, Elliotts mark, amonsgst others has gone down

What did he do to justify a 6? Other than being a fans favourite. Orr, as a previous poster has mentioned, was totally off the game, out of position and hopeless on the ball. He somehow gets a 6 too because he works hard. Crazy. Carle is just pointless. Lovely going sideways but doesn't actually contribute anything. I just don't get it with him, the sooner LJ is back the better.

Added to what I've said above, who got attacked by certain people about "negative comments" about Carle and for being a Noble fan? If you look you'll probably see that Nobes has been marked down as well when he's played.

I thought Trundle was a box of tricks and a real threat too, and he contributed to the game well. Yeah he didn't get a goal, but he looked a threat and performed better than the three players above.

He didn't have a shot in ninety minutes & disappeared in the second half-Abeit, we were whooshing it, as I've noted lately that appears to be our only Plan B.Scoring two goals in one game out of nineteen isn't great, is it? He's a better impact player, ala Byfield & probably Murray.

Sproule was left out of the games for Leicester, Watford, and Plymouth which we didn't win any of and didn't score from open play, yet he seems to be shouldering the blame for the Cardiff game? Yeah, it wasn't a great performance from him, but let's get some perspective huh? He has been a key part of our success this season and we shouldn't forget it, the clamouring for Murray is nothing short of misplaced romance.

OK, lets examine Sproule-30 starts & seven sub appearances two goals, two assists from an out and out winger-Key part of our success? Murray's scored more goals and he's hardly played at all.I think you're showing bias there and, whilst I'll freely admit that Murray may well only be able to do sixty minutes these days, if we're two up, you can go and play right wing and we'll see the game out............better still,bring Wilson on for his defensive qualities!

Finally, we were one inch away from winning that game, when no one around us can buy a win. It's very tough at the top and we need a true togetherness to get us over the line. Wilson in for Orr, Skuse in for Elliott and pray that Lee Johnson is fit!! We can do this, just believe in ourselves... :city:

As well as that togetherness and brotherly luv, can we also have sone flair, guile and positive attacking play that involves our very expensive wingers actually getting to the byeline and crossing the ball to the heads, or feet, I'm not fussy, of our starving and regretfully static strikers? Then have more than two on target efforts in ninety minutes??

Can we also have a plan a that doesn't involve whooshing it and a plan b that's a little more imaginative than swapping those same expensive wingers over........then whooshing it??

Always supposing one can find McIndoe who goes walkabout more than a drunken romany!

You'll also note that in threads on the team selection, Wilson & Skuse ARE in that selection along with Murray.I've left LJ out becaue I don't think he'll recover in time-Hope I'm wrong because his set piece delivery is needed.

BUT, I do think the trundle comments are harse, GJ is a stats man and we have won far more games with him in the side then since he has been parked on the bench or in the stands. i realise he must get goals, but when he played we were getting more from the rest of the team.

The stats I look at are

19 Starts-Scored in one game.

13 Subs-Scored in two games-one a pen

4 goals in 32 appearances.

Sorry mate, it's not harsh just a very painful truth.

As well as that togetherness and brotherly luv, can we also have sone flair, guile and positive attacking play that involves our very expensive wingers actually getting to the byeline and crossing the ball to the heads, or feet, I'm not fussy, of our starving and regretfully static strikers? Then have more than two on target efforts in ninety minutes??

Can we also have a plan a that doesn't involve whooshing it and a plan b that's a little more imaginative than swapping those same expensive wingers over........then whooshing it??

Always supposing one can find McIndoe who goes walkabout more than a drunken romany!

You'll also note that in threads on the team selection, Wilson & Skuse ARE in that selection along with Murray.I've left LJ out becaue I don't think he'll recover in time-Hope I'm wrong because his set piece delivery is needed.

Mcindoe goes wandering around to try and create something which we need with out LJ

Agree about LJ set pieces, although i think murray would need to be called up on.

Also agree with you about the way we are playing at the min.

We need to improve the distrubution from the back orrs crossing was shocking mcallister had a good game and had a good few crosses.

We just need to create more chances for trunds,brooks,byfield,dele

no, it's about not favouring players who I don't believe aren't good enough at the current level or are performing well, of which Noble is one of them among others.

So how would you explain your support of Nick Carle who, in twelve games hasn't done as well as Noble and doesn't have a goals or an assist? That's plain irrational

That's the point-Groups-not open minded individuals who think for themselves

And there you go speaking for everyone again, something I don't pretend to do.

don't pretend to speak for everyone, just your view, it's comments from you such as your reference to the formation played, despite the fact that majority of the reply's to the "suggested team" thread last week that thought we should play 4-4-2 and other comments.

There you go again talking about the majority and the reply above was aimed at your comments about "the majority of people"-Like I said, just speak for yourself and don't try to earn favour or "gang up"

On another note, just because the majority think somethings right, doesn't make it so

If you have a view, state it as your own, as I do and then let others, without a vested interest, state if they agree or not.Then try to discuss the points in question as opposed to slagging me off because it gets tedious.

Frankly, based on replies to your posting, if you believe that your view represent the majority then you're deluded.

nothing to do with my views, as I know they are just my views which are as worthless as everyone elses

Probably moreso :whistle2:

if people agree or disagree that's upto them, but it's very petty when large groups of people disagree with you, you get all petty as ever and make up your little names for the groups who disagree to attempt to belittle their views, you moan about people slagging you off? well perhaps if you don't like getting stick, you shouldn't give it out in the first place.

Or perhaps I can stand on my own two feet and don't need to enlist others to reply?

Tactically, what do you consider was right and what was wrong and what should we do to address the fact that we have lost two games and yesterday we only had two efforts on target in ninety minutes?

Concise, but hardly an explanation. :disapointed2se:I don't really see how our defence & Elliott can be the only problem-Have you considered the service from the flanks and our strikers lack of pace and movement for example?

How rarely we make diagonal runs on to straight balls and how rarely our midfielders get past the ball or shoot?

no, it's about not favouring players who I don't believe aren't good enough at the current level or are performing well, of which Noble is one of them among others.

So how would you explain your support of Nick Carle who, in twelve games hasn't done as well as Noble and doesn't have a goals or an assist? That's plain irrational

There you go again talking about the majority and the reply above was aimed at your comments about "the majority of people"-Like I said, just speak for yourself and don't try to earn favour or "gang up"

On another note, just because the majority think somethings right, doesn't make it so

nothing to do with my views, as I know they are just my views which are as worthless as everyone elses

if people agree or disagree that's upto them, but it's very petty when large groups of people disagree with you, you get all petty as ever and make up your little names for the groups who disagree to attempt to belittle their views, you moan about people slagging you off? well perhaps if you don't like getting stick, you shouldn't give it out in the first place.

Or perhaps I can stand on my own two feet and don't need to enlist others to reply?

Concise, but hardly an explanation. :disapointed2se:I don't really see how our defence & Elliott can be the only problem-Have you considered the service from the flanks and our strikers lack of pace and movement for example?

How rarely we make diagonal runs on to straight balls and how rarely our midfielders get past the ball or shoot?

Not going to answer to my post re trundle then BB?

Mcindoe goes wandering around to try and create something which we need with out LJ.

Still did it when LJ was in the team and it's only occassionally effective.It should be used sparingly.

Agree about LJ set pieces, although i think murray would need to be called up on.

Also agree with you about the way we are playing at the min.

We need to improve the distrubution from the back orrs crossing was shocking mcallister had a good game and had a good few crosses.

We just need to create more chances for trunds,brooks,byfield,dele

Both things are true.

Our wide players rarely hit the byeline and pull good crosses back and our strikers lack movement, pace and that bit of cleverness to create the chance.We also don't shoot enough or get enough players in the attacking third or past the ball-Hence our low scoring/GD, even when 2nd.

Our defence can't hold out forever, every game and we need to b able to score two goals a game far more regularly.

Both things are true.

Our wide players rarely hit the byeline and pull good crosses back and our strikers lack movement, pace and that bit of cleverness to create the chance.We also don't shoot enough or get enough players in the attacking third or past the ball-Hence our low scoring/GD, even when 2nd.

The movement of the strikers is ridiculous they ain't getting no service from the midfield hence why trundle has to push into our own pissing half to try and create something, while adebola gets drawn out into the flanks.

Our defence can't hold out forever, every game and we need to b able to score two goals a game far more regularly.

Our defense can't hold out forever i know, maybe it would help if elliot was rested instead of being played despite being at fault for the last 3 out of 4 goals concieded against us.

no one is "enlisting the help of others" or "joining groups" it's just plain and simple that people disagree with your views, and as ever anyone who disagree's with you, you attempt to belittle them because your never wrong, but hey.....I'm just a conference fan

Its not truth at all.

Name 3 chances he had vs cardiff?

yep, unfortunately it shows half the picture.

thankfully the management have the benefit of the pro-zone which monitors what the players did and didn't do during the match, which I'm sure is alot more accurate and paints a better picture of how a player has performed, unless of course someone is willing to count passes made/missed, shots on/off target

yep, unfortunately it shows half the picture.

thankfully the management have the benefit of the pro-zone which monitors what the players did and didn't do during the match, which I'm sure is alot more accurate and paints a better picture of how a player has performed, unless of course someone is willing to count passes made/missed, shots on/off target

The thing with trunds is people expected goals from him, all season he hasn't been played with a target man, i don't know if it was GJ's idea that if brooks wasn't injured to partner them up, maybe he will do it now?

Trunds can't score with no service its simple I'm afraid, Give the man service he will score and cardiff proved that, he got forced out everytime no one came to help him and he got forced out wide nearly every time, how can he score for these???

The thing with trunds is people expected goals from him, all season he hasn't been played with a target man, i don't know if it was GJ's idea that if brooks wasn't injured to partner them up, maybe he will do it now?

Trunds can't score with no service its simple I'm afraid, Give the man service he will score and cardiff proved that, he got forced out everytime no one came to help him and he got forced out wide nearly every time, how can he score for these???

EXACTLY.

been saying the same all season, some just like to look at his goals scored and write him off as crap, but you need to look at the bigger picture? WHY hasn't he scored more? , how can someone who has scored so many goals in the past at different levels been unable to do the same here. he's shown he has the abiltiy at league one, so rightly deserved the chance at this level.

regardless of his age, any forward he has scored 60+ goals in the last 3 seasons is going to cost money and deserves the chance at a higher level, but if you don't play to his strengths then your always going to struggle.

had a quick look at some stats and found something interesting? the amount of chances he's had in the last 4 seasons on goal, whether they are on target, over the stand or hit the post or whatever and found an interesting figures.

04/05 - 175 shots

05/06 - 144 shots

06/07 - 138 shots

07/08(so far) - 42 shots!!!!!!

people can say what they like, but it a player isn't getting shots at goal he isn't going to score goals.

It's a very good point and one I've made consistently.

You don't buy a ferrari, use it to pull trailers of hay through muddy fields and then be mystified when your investment struggles to move halfway through the field.

I hope you get my point here.

Lee Trundle (based on his stats for Swansea and the man himself's comments) plays best off a target man, up front in and around the box.

I've seen him for us played up front on his own - with next to **** all support from our midfield

Played as the lone target man with balls pumped up to him - he's never by his own admission been a great header of the ball. Neither is Thierry Henry - how many balls did Arsenal play to his head - answer none.

I've seen him brought on as a substitute on the right and left wings!!! I had a text from a mate in Swansea watching our game on tv with "why in the **** are you playing Trundle on the wing??? what sort of tactic is that??"

I have to say I thought in recent games he's been a lot better than people suggest. Brooker and Trundle for me is worth a go.

Adebola's presence I am afraid simply enourages players of less ability like Orr to pump it long and we lose any benefit of Carle, McIndoe, Johnson or any of our creative players.

Play your players in positions which use their strengths or don't play them.

Carle for example is not a right winger (QPR away).

Trundle is not a target man and never will be. Could have told you that whilst he was still playing for Swansea.

Cheers for your detailed reply BB. Nice to have a intelligent response!!

GafferElliott was very poor again, he's been at fault for 3 of the last 4 goals and looks a shadow of the player he was in the opening 4 months.

BBRemember who was first to point out that fact in the last block of ten review and who got panned for it? The next one will be on the ST Site soon and, as you will see, Elliotts mark, amonsgst others has gone down

Indeed you did, but i suppose i was just aiming this comment at the general forum, not only yourself. Despite his awesome early season form, and his ever present status, he may have to be replaced for this final push. I personally think that GJ may be talking about Elliott when he talks of players who the pressure may be getting to.

GafferWhat did he do to justify a 6? Other than being a fans favourite. Orr, as a previous poster has mentioned, was totally off the game, out of position and hopeless on the ball. He somehow gets a 6 too because he works hard. Crazy. Carle is just pointless. Lovely going sideways but doesn't actually contribute anything. I just don't get it with him, the sooner LJ is back the better.

BBAdded to what I've said above, who got attacked by certain people about "negative comments" about Carle and for being a Noble fan? If you look you'll probably see that Nobes has been marked down as well when he's played.

Glad it's not just me then...! I personally think people get easily impressed by a couple of cruff turns on the halfway line and forget the whole point of football. Hopefully the last lingering Lee Johnson bashers will finally see what a huge impact he makes to the side. I also was a big Noble fan, and he influences the game much more than Carle. But there's no way he can play centre midfield.

GafferI thought Trundle was a box of tricks and a real threat too, and he contributed to the game well. Yeah he didn't get a goal, but he looked a threat and performed better than the three players above.

BBHe didn't have a shot in ninety minutes & disappeared in the second half-Abeit, we were whooshing it, as I've noted lately that appears to be our only Plan B.Scoring two goals in one game out of nineteen isn't great, is it? He's a better impact player, ala Byfield & probably Murray.

He scoring 2 in 19 isn't great and i'm not convinced about him long term, but he was better than a 5 on the day in Cardiff. Obviously this is only my opinion, but i think this for the reasons above. Don't forget that in between our two 'goals', he had a great headed chance which flashed wide following good work from the left hand side. On an aside, i don't believe Murray will play again this season.

GafferSproule was left out of the games for Leicester, Watford, and Plymouth which we didn't win any of and didn't score from open play, yet he seems to be shouldering the blame for the Cardiff game? Yeah, it wasn't a great performance from him, but let's get some perspective huh? He has been a key part of our success this season and we shouldn't forget it, the clamouring for Murray is nothing short of misplaced romance.

BBOK, lets examine Sproule-30 starts & seven sub appearances two goals, two assists from an out and out winger-Key part of our success? Murray's scored more goals and he's hardly played at all.I think you're showing bias there and, whilst I'll freely admit that Murray may well only be able to do sixty minutes these days, if we're two up, you can go and play right wing and we'll see the game out............better still,bring Wilson on for his defensive qualities!

Well, unfortunately i don't have any up to date programmes or know a site that can tell me this (maybe someone can help!), but i would strongly bet that we have a better win ratio with Sproule playing, than when he doesn't play. Football isn't just about individual goals and assist ratio's, it's about teamwork and the united spirit. I probably am showing bias with him, but he is a decent player and a little dip of form doesn't erase that. Also, i'll have you know i'm more of a second striker than a wide player, but i could do a job for the boys out there! :innocent06:

GafferFinally, we were one inch away from winning that game, when no one around us can buy a win. It's very tough at the top and we need a true togetherness to get us over the line. Wilson in for Orr, Skuse in for Elliott and pray that Lee Johnson is fit!! We can do this, just believe in ourselves...

BBAs well as that togetherness and brotherly luv, can we also have sone flair, guile and positive attacking play that involves our very expensive wingers actually getting to the byeline and crossing the ball to the heads, or feet, I'm not fussy, of our starving and regretfully static strikers? Then have more than two on target efforts in ninety minutes??

Some very good points raised there pal, particularly around our sudden realiance on the long ball if we're not winning after 60 minutes. I have been a big fan of Adebola since he's arrived here, but it's similar to the Peter Crouch effect. He's good in the air so fire it at him!! Maybe a change of personelle on the hour mark (Trundle Byfield etc) would keep our attacking play varied. McIndoe is a top player, but it drives me mad that he plays most of the game as a central midfielder, thus losing any width and natural pace from our play. Hence why Sproule is a necessity IMO. Balance you see. LJ is essential to our success, but i don't think he'll make it for saturday also.

I think Trundle scored his two goals when Murray was in the side and you could see they enjoyed playing together. With the lack of goals in the side it has been odd to see Scotty not even make the bench. Okay, he may not be a ninety minute player but I think he needs to be used for at least 45 minues for the remaining games. GJ has done a fantastic job at the club and teamwork is at the heart of his philosophy that's one reason why he may never put a fox in the box type player in the side on his shopping list. A weakness maybe, but who can argue against his decisions given his (over) achievements since being at the cub. I do hope though that Scott is given a minimum 40 to 60 minute role in all of the remaining games. I also think it is a shame that Russell was not retained or, if possible, recalled from his loan. He would have been an ideal replacement for Lee Johnson and I've got no doubts he would have replicated his possession football passing game in the Championship.

It isn't excuses though isit?

IMHO, yes

Trundle needs to play next to a big target man to take the pressure of him, he can't create anything when his back is towards goal and hes in our half can he!!!

I think the same applies to Byfield and even possibly Brooker & Showunmi-Adebola is the only pure target man amongst the lot-That being said, Trundle's been disappointing and, IMHO, lacks the strength, power & pace to play at CCC level every week-As I said, that doesn't mean he won't get the odd brilliant goal from time to time as he's a talented footballer, even if he's past his best.

You tell me any chances trundle has had created for him in the past 3 games.

For me that's down to two things-Our wide players/midfielders.....and his quality/movement-The same service problem appiles to all of our strikers.

Archived