IGNORED

Man U V Liverp**l

jimmy ateyo

What are the thoughts over that game and the sending off

as a liverp**l hater - sorry cant help it, have everton family and liverp**l fans stopped evertons best ever team (84/85) playing in the european cup due to their animal, knife carrying fans...

people reckon it was a delayed reaction to cole's decent in the spurs game

personally, i thought, .... he was on a yellow, he knew he was on a yellow, he'd seen torres get booked for decent (rightly so, he had won a free kick, argued the toss about other things that aint gone his way and then made the "gobby, your all talk" comment in front of the ref) and then (masco) ran 30 odd yards, shaking off other scum players to show clear decent towards the ref.... decent = yellow, therefore OFF

bradley got one at colchester and walked

what this cheating argy idiot did after is a discrace.....

I know we are on the verge (hopefull) of some prem footy next year, but every game i see is just a witch hunt against the poor bloke who tries to ref it

MOTD idiots like lineker, lawro, hanson, shearer... the list goes on pray for this each week to fill their excuse of a show

right, rant over, ive had a few but after yeaterday needed a rant....

To be honest Andy Gray was right, what did Mascherano do other than ask "What is happening"

Torres was taken out several times in very quick succession and then got booked for questioning what the ref was going to do about it

Because Javier had been doing it all game he deserved the second yellow, but had he not been doing it the whole time, and this was his first "desent" then it shouldnt have been a yellow

The ref made a decision concerning dissent, then another player runs 20 yards plus and asks you what you're doing..

Of course its a yellow.

Footballers should pipe the **** down and respect decisions rightly or wrongly. Everyone else in life takes shit now and then.

To be honest Andy Gray was right, what did Mascherano do other than ask "What is happening"

Torres was taken out several times in very quick succession and then got booked for questioning what the ref was going to do about it

Because Javier had been doing it all game he deserved the second yellow, but had he not been doing it the whole time, and this was his first "desent" then it shouldnt have been a yellow

No idea what either Torres or Mascherano said to the ref since I was several thousand miles away at the time, but, what I do suspect is that if neither had opened their gobs then neither would have been booked, and Mascherano would have stayed on the pitch. Getting booked, and in the latter case getting sent off for a 2nd bookable, for dissent is the mark of a fool in my opinion.

On a different tack, what did strike me about the game was, even before the sending off, how poor Liverpool were in comparision to United. Any hopes the Mickeys have of winning the title any time soon is pure delusion.

as a liverp**l hater - sorry cant help it, have everton family and liverp**l fans stopped evertons best ever team (84/85) playing in the european cup due to their animal, knife carrying fans...

personally, i thought, .... he was on a yellow, he knew he was on a yellow, he'd seen torres get booked for decent (rightly so, he had won a free kick, argued the toss about other things that aint gone his way and then made the "gobby, your all talk" comment in front of the ref) and then (masco) ran 30 odd yards, shaking off other scum players to show clear decent towards the ref.... decent = yellow, therefore OFF

I know we are on the verge (hopefull) of some prem footy next year, but every game i see is just a witch hunt against the poor bloke who tries to ref it

MOTD idiots like lineker, lawro, hanson, shearer... the list goes on pray for this each week to fill their excuse of a show

if it had been a man u player that would have done it, it wouldn't have been a booking.

however since it was for an away player at Old Trafford.........always going to be a book

Mascherano had no business approaching the referee. He was idiotic to do so. His manner was petulant and we have no idea what was said. He fully deserved both yellows and has only himself to blame.

I still think that we need to change the rules about approaching the ref so that only the captain can approach the ref and anyone else doing so gets an immediate yellow. Then it's clear and there are no excuses.

Man U didn't need the advantage in that game, they already had it sewn up. Liverpool are some way behind them because Benitez hasn't figured out that the league is more important than getting to a Champion's League Semi Final and doesn't play his best players consistently.

Mascherano had no business approaching the referee. He was idiotic to do so. His manner was petulant and we have no idea what was said. He fully deserved both yellows and has only himself to blame.

I still think that we need to change the rules about approaching the ref so that only the captain can approach the ref and anyone else doing so gets an immediate yellow. Then it's clear and there are no excuses.

Man U didn't need the advantage in that game, they already had it sewn up. Liverpool are some way behind them because Benitez hasn't figured out that the league is more important than getting to a Champion's League Semi Final and doesn't play his best players consistently.

100% agree with all of that

At approximately 7pm local time, an hour before kick-off, the trouble started.[7] The Liverpool and Juventus supporters in sections Y and Z stood merely yards apart. The boundary between the two was marked by temporary chicken-wire fencing and a central thinly-policed no-man's land.[8] It is not clear who started throwing missiles; but as a result missiles began to be exchanged across the divide. One often-quoted source of the missiles was the crumbling stadium itself; fans could literally pick up stones from the terraces beneath them.

As kick-off approached, the throwing became more intense. A group of Liverpool fans charged across the terraces, through and over the wire fence into section Z causing the Juventus fans to retreat. Having no way out, the Juventus fans moved towards the side perimeter wall, near to the corner flag. Some tried to climb over the wall to escape. The aging wall could not withstand the weight and collapsed.

It was at this point that the majority of the deaths occurred - 39 people died, and a further 600 were injured.[8][9] Bodies were carried away on sections of iron fencing and laid in piles outside, covered with giant football flags. As police and medical helicopters flew in, the down-draught blew away the modest coverings. The situation became chaotic.

In retaliation for the events in section Z, Juventus fans then rioted at their end of the stadium. They advanced down the stadium running track towards the Liverpool supporters seeking confrontation, but police intervention stopped the advance. The Juventus fans fought the police with rocks, bottles and missiles for two hours. One even fired a pistol[10] (later verified as being a starting pistol). When the game eventually kicked off, riot police were still fighting a pitched battle with Juventus supporters, and they maintained a presence around the entire pitch for the duration of the game

As a long term liverpool fan and one that can remember both Heysel and Hilssborough disaters i think the quote you have made is purely based on the fact that you support the blue half of merseyside i have also added something i found on the "NET" as i have bolded for all to see there was no proof that it was started by liverpool supporters and also that a juventus fan fired a pistol at riot police.Now not condoneing the way "fans" went about things in the 80's and one reason as a child i never got to goto many matches because of the violence but please do your reaserch properly before you put your misguided quotes on a internet forum

ps: no doubt my signiture will cause you upset

Archived