IGNORED

Surely Gary Wont Get Ban

bristolcity07

what effect would if have on the team if gary gets a touchline ban,surely the remarks that gary made after the game backs up what he said about dave jones and the 4th official taking to long hanging onto the ball,had that of been the other way round dave jones would of done the same thing,in my opinion a ban would be totally ridiculous. :fingerscrossed:

what effect would if have on the team if gary gets a touchline ban,surely the remarks that gary made after the game backs up what he said about dave jones and the 4th official taking to long hanging onto the ball,had that of been the other way round dave jones would of done the same thing,in my opinion a ban would be totally ridiculous. :fingerscrossed:

What goes around comes around and although the lovable rogue that is G.J looks like butter would'nt melt he has finally been caught up .

He's done this at least twice this season himself as well as throwing another ball onto the pitch ( on purpose , no surely not ) at Burnley if memory serves , as the game was nearing the end .

Agreed though the ball did seem to take an age before G.J waded in .

yeah fair point i did forget about the burnley incident just goes to show how passionate gary does get although just feel it would be harsh if he did get punished

it would be extremely harsh for him to get a ban, on the replay it clearly shows Dave Jones + the forth official taking ages to give the ball back laughing + GJ right fully went over to get the ball back. The ref waded in without seeing what happened + sent him to the stands

it would be extremely harsh for him to get a ban, on the replay it clearly shows Dave Jones + the forth official taking ages to give the ball back laughing + GJ right fully went over to get the ball back. The ref waded in without seeing what happened + sent him to the stands

Spot on. There's two things than can exonerate him here IMHO.

First thing, there's TV footage of the fourth official and Jones holding onto the ball which clearly is an attempt to waste time.

Second thing, in yesterday's Grand Slam Sunday, Arsene Wenger went over to the Chelski bench and grabbed the ball off one of thier lot for doing the EXACT same thing. Clattenburg, who I think is one of the better ref's around, sensibly sent the Chelski bloke to the stands for attempting to time waste whilst allowing Wenger to get the ball back into play quick as possible. Shame Little Hitler didn't do the same thing.

Apparently GJ done it for a reason.

Wanted to be in the East End v Norwich, and start his own song.........

Johnson says "bounce around the ground,bounce around the ground" :innocent06:

common sense will pre-vail and it's highly unlike that anything will happen.

Once he's spoke to the Ref and no doubt Dave Jones will be speaking as well, I'm sure it will just blow over.

Yes, but therein lies the problem. This is the FA and common sense has never entered any decision they make. I therefore fully expect a ban, and an increase in the ban should Gary dare to defend himself.

At the game I thought it was Dave Jones, who I recognised, and a second-in-command who I didn't.

I couldn't believe it on the TV when they said it was the fourth official.

I still can't believe that said fourth official should think that towards the end of a highly charged match it was appropriate to "'have a laugh" with the Cardiff manager whilst holding on to the ball. Totally inappropriate behaviour. If GJ gets a ban, then the fourth official should also get a ban for time wasting.

Archived