IGNORED

Any Update On Injuries?

Disagree, McCombe is shaky at best

Vasko and Carey did fine on Saturday i felt. But Fontaine had a nightmare, hopefully just a one off from him because he has been one of the more consistant players this year.

Disagree! McCombe WAS shaky just after his comeback from injury a couple of months ago but has improved and found some form, even regularly chipping in with a few goals. His injury came at just the wrong time for him and us. He starts for the Ressies tonight and hopefully this is a sign that he is on his way back.

I quite like Vasko but GJ named him in particular for the error which led to the first goal on Saturday. He took him off as it wasn't the first time he has cost us and couldn't trust him not to do the same again I believe I read somewhere?

It would have been great to see LeeJ back again but sadly not yet, I too think we have missed him more than he is usually given credit for.

Disagree! McCombe WAS shaky just after his comeback from injury a couple of months ago but has improved and found some form, even regularly chipping in with a few goals. His injury came at just the wrong time for him and us. He starts for the Ressies tonight and hopefully this is a sign that he is on his way back.

I quite like Vasko but GJ named him in particular for the error which led to the first goal on Saturday. He took him off as it wasn't the first time he has cost us and couldn't trust him not to do the same again I believe I read somewhere?

It would have been great to see LeeJ back again but sadly not yet, I too think we have missed him more than he is usually given credit for.

Agree with everything you have said RedM, McCombe and Fontaine for me over Vasko. Think we may have seen the last of Vasko to be honest...

LeeJ needs to get back sharpish - or Carle needs to step up to the plate!

Agree with everything you have said RedM, McCombe and Fontaine for me over Vasko. Think we may have seen the last of Vasko to be honest...

LeeJ needs to get back sharpish - or Carle needs to step up to the plate!

Carle played well on saturday i thought!!

battled away stopped cardiff from dominating the midfield untill he went off they didn't!!!

Let him start, drop elliot for skuse.

A Carey / Fontaine partnership works for me. LF was shocking when he came on at Cardiff - but might be a bit unfair to single him out seeing as we coped with playing into the wind in the second half about as well as an average Downs league team (no offence to the DL!).

I would agree that Mccombe has grown into this standard of football over the season - when he came back from his early season injury it looked like he was going to try and play Div1 'lump-it at every opportunity' football, and his speed of turning exposed him frequently, but he has settled into it a bit more now. However, whilst not on a Titus Bramble scale, his propensity to be done for pace and a bit of guille put me off my bovril!! Only upside with JM is he's tall.

Why are so many people on the forum ashamed to admit that they think LJ is quality? Without him in the middle of the park we lack any incisiveness, tend to bypass the middle, and go for the long ball to dele far too often.

Where's David Noble in all this?

He missed the Argyle game with a reported ankle injury, but nothing has been said about him since.

He didn't feature for the reserves in midweek but isn't showing on the absentee list on the official site any longer.

Is he available for selection?

Archived