IGNORED

Opinion's !

Grannyjoy

Everyone is entitled to their own.

FORUM :- Public Meeting Place, Tribunal, Law Court.

To be honest, I have been dreading looking at the forum since the final whistle was blown at Saturday's game.

I know how I felt, and the rest of his family - I knew how Lee would be feeling - and I knew how you the fan's would be feeling.

I switched of my machine after I heard the commentator say that Lee Miller was still down on his knees, head in his hands, in the goal mouth, I was sick for him. Unfortunately I missed the physical support (from team mates), and the verbal support( from the fan's) he then received.

I started this with everyone is entitled to their own opinion, because I truly believe that. Most on this forum have their favourites, and can be quite aggresive in their defense of them. What I was dreading was that it turned into Lee's tribunal, his trial, so to speak.

Thank God the majority have been kind, and I truly thank those who have sent personal messages, when the time is right I will pass them on to Lee.

I understand the affect the result, and Lee's last minute bad luck must have had on the true City fan's, and believe it or not , the comments both to prosecute and defend him.

What I would like to point out is Lee is his own harshest critic, and nothing that can be said to him now, can make him feel any worse than he already does.

We (his family) will be doing our utmost to gee him back up, and I am grateful to those fan's who say they will be doing the same. I realise there are some who see him only as a professional footballer, who cost the club £??????, but as some one pointed out he is only human, and to me he is my 20 year old son, far from home, doing the only thing in life he ever wanted to do, who feels Lady Luck has abandoned him.

I'm sorry if this sounds sloppy, and I don't expect any replies, I merely wanted to point out the sentence I have highlighted, and hope no other sentence is passed on him.

Guest dez_gimred

we all wish he had scored..

but its only a minority of idiots on here who plan to blame him for ruining our promotion and will give him stick on tuesday...

hes done the business for us many times ie. barnsley, rushden etc

if the 'fans' cant appreciate him then maybe they should go support arsenal where a striker will score every game

:cool:

i felt absolutely gutted for him yesterday, you could tell he was upset after the final whistle, and roberts litereally, walked him off the pitch, football is a game, and that is it, some times they go in, and sometimes they don't! One miss doesn't make a bad player, all he has to do now, is for get it, i know it won't be easy, but i hope he does. Hope to see that big smile of his back on his face on tuesday, and i will most certainly be cheering him on. KEEP YOUR CHIN UP LEE, WERE ALL BEHIND YOU.

Granny Joy, as Lee's mother i think you've pointed out some good points.

I feel sorry for Lee and i Now how it fells to miss from that range. but of course not in front of 14,000 fans and the final whistle blown straight after.

To be honest we all are human it doesn't matter if your a pro or not. you just pick yourself up again and get reafy for the next game and try to put things straight again.

I really hope Lee will be in the starting 11 and he score's a cracker of a goal and win's us the 3 points on Tuesday.

Tell Lee to try and get over it and go into our next game against plymouth and play the very best football he can do.

what i say, you can only play your best.

Come on and get behind Lee on Tuesday and Win the game and get promotion this season and everything will be in the past.

Cheers.

Lee has nothing wrong and there is no reason for people to have a go, his reaction said it all! to put things into perspective in was a important match and 3 points would have been great, but thats all it was Important football match.

Not one Striker will score with all their shots, all strikers miss sometimes, it was unlucky for lee that is was in the dying moments of derby match. Anyway, it wasnt like he totally missed it, he hit the inside of the post - very unlucky!

All we can ask for Is effort and Lee Miller obviously gives us that and I am 100% and I hope the rest of the city supporters are!

I went to Sheffield Wednesday, when we were a couple of wins away from making history. We were also one minute away from a very useful draw, when they scored. The devastation on the faces of those players was immense. I've never seen such a demoralised group of players.At the whistle they lay on the ground, or down on their haunches for what seemed like an eternity. The dream was over, and it showed. It took those players four or five games to recover from that setback, and some will say we never really have recovered yet. When the whistle went on Saturday, literally 1 second after Lee missed that open goal, he sunk onto his back and stayed there. The players only went to lift him up when they realised he wasnt getting up on his own. To be honest it was Sheffield all over again. It musn't affect either Lee or the team on Tuesday, because we can't afford any more slip ups now. They must dust themselves down and go again, not dwell on what might have been.

Guest Withnail

Please pass on the best wishes of every Bristol City fan to Lee. He proved on Saturday how much he cares about this club when he showed his disappointment at that miss. It takes a brave man to show his feelings in front of 15,000 people. I believe truly that Lee Miller is the most promising striker to wear the City shirt since Andy Cole, and believe that his future is extremely exciting. He should use his disappointment at that miss to spur him on to better things, and hopefully he will be given an immediate chance to redress things against Plymouth on Tuesday. Let me reassure you that every Bristol City fan wishes Lee nothing but the best and I for one really hope that Lee becomes a vital part of out First Division squad next season, as he has truly shown that he loves this club.

Up the City! Keep your chin up Lee, better days will come.

Ole strikers do miss sitters, like us ole, they do have

their good days an their bad days! Lee will come

back from this, he`s a good player who should be

in the team from the start! Come on lee, dont feel

sorry for yourself, get out thur an shoot us into

division one! Good luck young un! :cool:

It's easy from the stands, and there was many a comment on the way out of "how the hell didn't that go in", but as many have said, that is football! :sub:

I believe that the vast majority of CITY fans,despite obvious dissapointment, will always support a player that tries his hardest, so LEE has no problem there! :sub:

We are a second (soon to be first) division football team, so we can't expect perfection. But with the talent in the squad, if they all show the commitment LEE does then we will go up. :sub:

Don't worry about him, he's going to be a star down here! :sub::cool:

At the end of the day, any player can miss. But not every player can show the emotion that Lee did. From now on we can all sleep easy knowing that we have another player in the team who is truely passionate about how this club does.

What I'm getting at is the fact that a player could miss, shrug his shoulders and get back on the team coach knowing that he's got another pay check regardless. But what I have seen is a man who wants more then just a paycheck from the club.

Well done Lee, you'll do great things for us, I know it.

Great to hear a different perspective!

If i was at the game in all honesty i would have been cursing that finish! The how did he miss that and imagine if we won! etc. But thats what most fans go to the games to experience, the ups and downs of emotions. Tell him not to take it personally, and considering the amount of support he recieved after the final whistle i think he is going to be loved down here in Bristol!

Lee obviously is a nice guy and wants to do well for the club, with that personality he is going to win the fans over no problem.

Guest rednick_74

as its already been said, every player misses.. it was a great chance but hes got to put that behind him now. were all disappointed.. weve got 5 games left,all to play for, we cant stay in this sh*t division for another season. come on lads get us in div.1 :P:P

Everyone is entitled to their own.

FORUM :- Public Meeting Place, Tribunal, Law Court.

To be honest, I have been dreading looking at the forum since the final whistle was blown at Saturday's game.

I know how I felt, and the rest of his family - I knew how Lee would be feeling - and I knew how you the fan's would be feeling.

I switched of my machine after I heard the commentator say that Lee Miller was still down on his knees, head in his hands, in the goal mouth, I was sick for him. Unfortunately I missed the physical support (from team mates), and the verbal support( from the fan's) he then received.

I started this with everyone is entitled to their own opinion, because I truly believe that. Most on this forum have their favourites, and can be quite aggresive in their defense of them. What I was dreading was that it turned into Lee's tribunal, his trial, so to speak.

Thank God the majority have been kind, and I truly thank those who have sent personal messages, when the time is right I will pass them on to Lee.

I understand the affect the result, and Lee's last minute bad luck must have had on the true City fan's, and believe it or not , the comments both to prosecute and defend him.

What I would like to point out is Lee is his own harshest critic, and nothing that can be said to him now, can make him feel any worse than he already does.

We (his family) will be doing our utmost to gee him back up, and I am grateful to those fan's who say they will be doing the same. I realise there are some who see him only as a professional footballer, who cost the club £??????, but as some one pointed out he is only human, and to me he is my 20 year old son, far from home, doing the only thing in life he ever wanted to do, who feels Lady Luck has abandoned him.

I'm sorry if this sounds sloppy, and I don't expect any replies, I merely wanted to point out the sentence I have highlighted, and hope no other sentence is passed on him.

not much you can do about hitting the post :cool:

it happens just bad luck to be honest city had other

chances to win the game before hand it was just not

meant to be, what i've seen of lee is that he is a good

striker that will get better and age is on his side, he gives

it 100% and that is all we ask :sub:

i still think we are going to cardiff for the play off final

and he'll get the winner :sub:

Guest bristolbred

Have a look at last years final table;

Wigan p46 100pts good+43.

Crewe p46 86pts good+36.

CITY p46 83pts good+31.

QPR p46 83pts good+24.

Oldham p46 82pts good+30.

Cardiff p46 81pts good+25.

We then lost in the first round of the play-off's, and as long as QPR and Plymouth keep winning, and we carry on with our recent form, then our only hope of promotion is the same route as last year, and last year went to show that the in team performance wise can finish 6th and still get promoted, while the team that finishes 3rd, gets nothing!!.

I'm sure that Lee is a good son, but in my opinion, not the prolific goal scorer we were promised, he can't cut it with the best in division 2, and IF we did gain promotion, would be more of a liability in the first division.

During the summer, he should do himself a big favour and drop down to the 3rd division, and maybe he can start scoring goals again, or even try his luck in the Scottish league.

His miss on Saturday just goes to show that he is NOT a confident player, and unfortunately, City need confident players who are proud to wear the Red shirt with pride!!

Sorry if you think that i am being too critical of your son, but when you have been supporting City for over 35 years, you only want the best for your club, just as much as you want the best for your son!!

:@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

Have a look at last years final table;

Wigan p46 100pts good+43.

Crewe p46 86pts good+36.

CITY p46 83pts good+31.

QPR p46 83pts good+24.

Oldham p46 82pts good+30.

Cardiff p46 81pts good+25.

We then lost in the first round of the play-off's, and as long as QPR and Plymouth keep winning, and we carry on with our recent form, then our only hope of promotion is the same route as last year, and last year went to show that the in team performance wise can finish 6th and still get promoted, while the team that finishes 3rd, gets nothing!!.

I'm sure that Lee is a good son, but in my opinion, not the prolific goal scorer we were promised, he can't cut it with the best in division 2, and IF we did gain promotion, would be more of a liability in the first division.

During the summer, he should do himself a big favour and drop down to the 3rd division, and maybe he can start scoring goals again, or even try his luck in the Scottish league.

His miss on Saturday just goes to show that he is NOT a confident player, and unfortunately, City need confident players who are proud to wear the Red shirt with pride!!

Sorry if you think that i am being too critical of your son, but when you have been supporting City for over 35 years, you only want the best for your club, just as much as you want the best for your son!!

I'm sorry, but you must be thick, if Lee had walked off in a confident way strutting his stuff as if it was unlucky, would that of been ok? To be confident after a miss like that, you must be a big headed twonk, or an idiot - Both are similar, and the fact he was dissapointed means he isn't proud of who he plays for? - That angers me. :@

Dont worry Lee, if that header had been in the 1st minute, it wouldn't of got so much attention, Fire a couple against Plymouth, Come on son :cool:

Just glad that Lee Miller actually cares. God knows how many money grabbing little gits (you all know the ones I mean) that have left our club would have appearred as gutted as Lee. Probably a shrug of the shoulders and a so what sort of face pulled.

Lee Miller has not had a lot of time, he will need more. We at least now have players capable of putting the ball in the area, where Lee will at least be given the chance to shine.

Get behind him, don't slag him off. He is a RED, that means he's one of us, support him.

Get behind them all. There aint much of the season left. It could make all the difference.

:sub::sub::cool::sub::sub::sub::sub:

So why dont you just call him a donkey :@ like you do on the Poll forum???

Cause his mum might be reading?? :@ Hypocrite.Get back to the Williams with the other bitter old men(no offence intended to Williams users who arent old and bitter.)

I was right behind that goal and i still cant belive he missed but i got over it cause i'm a grown up.

His miss on Saturday just goes to show that he is NOT  a confident player, and unfortunately, City need confident players 
He is one of the best natural footballers we have and plays with freedom and joy in his skills,what he really needs are people like you teaching him that he's not good enough and that he should play with fear.....confident players?? :@

How will any of them play with confidence if they know they're going to get stick from idiots like you and your ilk?

FORTUNATLY,i reckon you are in a tiny but vocal minority as the majority see Lee for what he is.A 20yr old with bags of potential who needs our support

I'd say the support, cheers, claps, singing etc for Lee at the end of the game yesterday says it all in terms of what the majority of city fans feel about him. He showed his commitment and feelings for the club and we showed him what he is to us - a great young player, with loads of skill and talent.

He'll be a favourite for us for years to come I am sure.

Guest blairhater

L.M is an honest, commited player who has ability in my opinion.

We have all missed chances{those that have played} part of the education.

If Lee had been on the pitch longer{which i feel he deserves to} maybe things may of been different. Who knows?

Personally I think this is the moment that will make or break Lee. Either his loss of confidence will have too much of a negative effect on him and he will begin to stuggle a lot, or he will bounce right back detirmined to prove himself and turn out to be one of our best players in years.

I don't know which one it will be, but I know which one I will be backing him to do.

this may sound stupid,but i blame danny wilson for miller hitting the post. he has distroyed millers confidence by continually playing peacock ahead of him dispite peacock being utterly useless infront of goal.

the pressure on miller as that ball came to him must have been immense,he would have had a thousand things going through his head, most of all "if i score maybe danny might actuly start me".

if only miller would have had some starts in recent games he would have buried that chance without a doubt,but instead he snatched at it and it hit the post,probably because he was trying too hard to score.

personally i rate miller extremely highly,ahead of peacock every time,mainly bacause he gives evrething for the cause,and he is not afraid to battle away and stick his head in where it hurts,something half of our players wont do,especialy peacock.

i only hope now that danny shows some confidence in miller and starts playing him,because a striker without confidence is no good to anybody.

come on lee,chin up mate,your a good player who will only get better,dont let your head drop now

nobby

I wasn't at the match on Saturday but I have seen the miss on TV. Maybe it's just me but it seemed it wasn't such a clear chance. Miller had the keeper close to him and he seemed to be at full stretch, it seemed he did all he could. Very few strikers would have done better.

(Fallons goal was a fluke, a great goal but a fluke. If he tries that again 100 times I bet he wouldn't score another like it!)

It just seemed such a bad miss because it was right at the end of the game, a local derby where each side were giving their all for the points. At least he is getting into goal scoring positions.

If Grannyjoy does read this she should be proud of her boy. Don't let him dwell on the critism. If the truth were told other players, Tinnion and Murray for example, who now have 'God' Status were once given very bad abuse from some fans. I am glad Lee Miller chose to play for us and am positive soon he will be rewarding us.

Archived