IGNORED

New City Website

tinman-is-god

I am editor of the Bristol City site on FansOnline.net - link is http://fansonline.net/bristolcity/ and I would love your views on the site. If you want to write for the site, PM me and I will do my best to get you writing for us.

This week we have an interview with a Glamorgan cricketer who happens to be a City fanatic, a Cardiff match report and two features from members of this forum.

Like I said, the site is in its infancy and I would appreciate your views on it and how you think it could be improved, and if you think you could do a better job of writing it, you are the kind of person we want writing for us, so don't hesitate to PM me!

CTID

Cheers mate, glad you like the site. I agree, I think keeping it up to date is imperative to the site. Also, if any of you fancy a different messageboard, sign up to ours and get some City debate going, feel free to raise any issue you like on there, hoping to build it up as its a bit bare at the moment!

quite like it mate, as long as u kep it updated il be reading it.

Main thing is to keep things like the player profiles up to date, the one on the main site is often very outdated

Yes, nicely laid out and very informative.

The only thing I could find fault with is with the Player Profile of Nick Carle, who didn't really spontaneously spring from an antipodean void but actaully played very successfully for Newcastle United Jets, in the Australian "A" League.

Still ,that's nit picking perhaps. I'll still be visiting the site on a regular basis.

I am editor of the Bristol City site on FansOnline.net - link is http://fansonline.net/bristolcity/ and I would love your views on the site. If you want to write for the site, PM me and I will do my best to get you writing for us.

This week we have an interview with a Glamorgan cricketer who happens to be a City fanatic, a Cardiff match report and two features from members of this forum.

Like I said, the site is in its infancy and I would appreciate your views on it and how you think it could be improved, and if you think you could do a better job of writing it, you are the kind of person we want writing for us, so don't hesitate to PM me!

CTID

Nice looking site mate. Make sure its updated regularly and I think you will find it will recieve a lot of hits. Good luck!

Looking good.

I've registered. If you like I will add you to the links on http://www.bristolcity-mad.co.uk

If you could, that would be great, cheers mate. Thanks for the feedback on the site, appreciate the comments.

Stu, i spoke to Adam about Saturday, after all his running around looking for his coach, he got on a different one as he had been told his had already gone, but later found out it hadn't even got to the services when a 'helpful' policeman told him it had already left!

CTID

I'm wondering what the FOL network of sites reckons is going to be it's unique 'selling point' with so many established club forums around.

The 'right in your face' advertising on the site doesn't do it for me, it's far too intrusive imho and simply smacks of one large advertising campaign.

I don't find it attractive at all, it's not for me.

I'm wondering what the FOL network of sites reckons is going to be it's unique 'selling point' with so many established club forums around.

The 'right in your face' advertising on the site doesn't do it for me, it's far too intrusive imho and simply smacks of one large advertising campaign.

I don't find it attractive at all, it's not for me.

I appreciate your comments, but in all honesty, the only way in which FansOnline can function and operate is with advertisors' money. All the editors I have spoken to of different clubs are very passionate and in it because they love the club, not for the money.

I think that the USP of FansOnline is that it gives access to the homepage of almost every club from the main page, FansOnline.net. It gives fans a chance to write articles about what they think is going on. bcfc.co.uk is a great site, but has little room for fans' features, which is an integral part of our site. Still, fair enough, if its not for you, guess we can't please everyone!

Yes, nicely laid out and very informative.

The only thing I could find fault with is with the Player Profile of Nick Carle, who didn't really spontaneously spring from an antipodean void but actaully played very successfully for Newcastle United Jets, in the Australian "A" League.

Still ,that's nit picking perhaps. I'll still be visiting the site on a regular basis.

Now that's GOOD !!!!! I see that my plea has been heeded.

Well done !!!

Whilst the site isnt bad, you seem to be using a lot of copyrighted pictures. Not just yourself but the whole network of sites, your on very rocky ground if you ask me.

Definitely.

Still, he could always just carry on doing it and hope the problem goes away... :dunno:

CTID

Yeah like it but unable to write unless you want two blokes with the same name :noexpression:

I do pride myself on attention to detail, thanks for pointing it out, the more accurate the site can be, the better!

If it's about Bristol City, it's good enough for me.

One little correction to the Shants article. I think you'll find he was at Northamptonshire before Edgbaston, not Notts!

If it's about Bristol City, it's good enough for me.

One little correction to the Shants article. I think you'll find he was at Northamptonshire before Edgbaston, not Notts!

You are more perceptive than he is, he read it yesterday and didn't even notice it! Will change it now, cheers for the correction.

Guest Eamer

May take a look at it now and again but there isn't much that differenciates it from other sites really and with all the advertising and a rather plain stale look to the site it needs a lot of doing to it.

May take a look at it now and again but there isn't much that differenciates it from other sites really and with all the advertising and a rather plain stale look to the site it needs a lot of doing to it.

As happy & jolly as ever, eh Eamer?

Definitely.

Still, he could always just carry on doing it and hope the problem goes away... :dunno:

I have not knowingly taken any pics from bcfc.co.uk. As far as I am aware none of the pics i have used have been from bcfc.co.uk although there was someone doing the site before me so i can't know for sure where he got those from, but i assure you, if i found a pic on there from bcfc.co.uk i would take it down straight away as i have the greatest respect for both bcfc.co.uk and Joe Meredith.

Guest Eamer
As happy & jolly as ever, eh Eamer?

I expect nothing more from him, his ability to put a negative spin on most things is a skill i admire.

Was only saying what I think of the site... nothing wrong with that.

Archived