IGNORED

First Mistake?

kevinmabbuttshair

Gary Johnson has stated that he wont bring in any loan signings as he doesnt want to disturb the team spirit. Isn't this a bit risky what with clubs like Stoke, Watford and West Brom all strengthening( Stoke are after Kamara from Fulham today!). In another story he says how hes "feeling the pressure" and some players will make it and some players wont! Surely by now after 40 matches he knows his players are strong enough for the final push for promotion? Otherwise whats the point? So what do you think?

Gary Johnson has stated that he wont bring in any loan signings as he doesnt want to disturb the team spirit. Isn't this a bit risky what with clubs like Stoke, Watford and West Brom all strengthening( Stoke are after Kamara from Fulham today!). In another story he says how hes "feeling the pressure" and some players will make it and some players wont! Surely by now after 40 matches he knows his players are strong enough for the final push for promotion? Otherwise whats the point? So what do you think?

It's no riskier than bringing in a loan signing that might disrupt the team spirit. It can be argued that had GJ brought in more players we'd be just as likely to have done worse as to have done better. Look at the teams that did.

After all, it's quite obvious that team spirit is the main thing that has got us to this position and Stoke, West Brom and Watford's form is nothing to write home about is it?

I think 6 games from the end of the season is too late to screw with anything fundamental. We should be sticking to the formation (and back four at least) that got us into this great position and getting right behind them, not chopping and changing all the time.

It's no riskier than bringing in a loan signing that might disrupt the team spirit. It can be argued that had GJ brought in more players we'd be just as likely to have done worse as to have done better. Look at the teams that did.

After all, it's quite obvious that team spirit is the main thing that has got us to this position and Stoke, West Brom and Watford's form is nothing to write home about is it?

I think 6 games from the end of the season is too late to screw with anything fundamental. We should be sticking to the formation (and back four at least) that got us into this great position and getting right behind them, not chopping and changing all the time.

Hull's form ain't too bad and they got a bunch of loan players haven't they?

long term long players who have been at hull for a few months and have had time to settle in, before they have no started a late run for the top,

bit different than a panic signing for the last 6 games.

Given the amazing postion we found ourselves in and the touching distance we are in - I would quite like a bit of panic (urgency) cos the last few weeks have been poor - I just can see it changing much without a new face (maybe Brooker can bring the impetus we need)

Given the amazing postion we found ourselves in and the touching distance we are in - I would quite like a bit of panic (urgency) cos the last few weeks have been poor - I just can see it changing much without a new face (maybe Brooker can bring the impetus we need)

exactly.........Brooker being the new face in the team and a new option

I'm with you on that one Red Goblin. We have missed key players in McCoombe, Johnson and even Carey when he was out. With others probably carrying knocks (Big Marv'), although this is only rumours, if all were fully fit we shouldn't have had any problems.

Orr's ban seems to have affected him as he isn't as effective lately and Ledley tore him to shreds on Saturday.

MM

Hull's form ain't too bad and they got a bunch of loan players haven't they?

The point I'm making is that loan players can just as easily make you worse as better. Fair enough it's working for Hull, it hasn't for plenty of others. Last time we had a lot of players on loan we lost 9 on the trot.

I'd have certainly preferred us to sign a quick striker in pre-season and in January but I'm not a big fan of loans really, the ones that work out well for us are the exception rather than the rule it seems to me.

I think the whole loan system stinks and the blatant abuse of it! Emergency loan should mean that not a piss take like clubs like Charlton, Stoke and Watford have done. I can see why Johnson doesnt want to upset the harmony in the camp but will always wonder if things do go tits up at the end of the season, will there be a what if? by the fans?

I think the whole loan system stinks and the blatant abuse of it! Emergency loan should mean that not a piss take like clubs like Charlton, Stoke and Watford have done. I can see why Johnson doesnt want to upset the harmony in the camp but will always wonder if things do go tits up at the end of the season, will there be a what if? by the fans?

I'm sure there will be WHAT IF'S? but there every season is like that, what if last year we have signed another forward we could have won the league? what if we had kept Tinnion, we could be playing Team Bath next weekend,

If we end up with 2 extra play-offs games let alone a wembley final, I'm sure majority will be looking back and feeling quite proud of where we have finished regardless of any play-off result.

Taken from the BBC website

The transfer window is now closed for permanent signings, and will reopen in the summer after the end of the season.

In the Football League and Blue Square Premier, loan deals are permitted from Friday, 8 February until Thursday, 27 March at 1700 GMT.

However, in exceptional circumstances, clubs can apply for special dispensation to the Premier League or Football League outside these times - for instance, if they had no goalkeepers available.

In addition, players who are unattached free agents, and were not registered with a club when the transfer window closed on 31 January, are able to join new clubs.

The transfer window does not apply to clubs below Blue Square Premier level.

There is a lot of confusion surrounding the loan system but emergency loans for CCC clubs will only kick in from after today.

I'm sure there will be WHAT IF'S? but there every season is like that, what if last year we have signed another forward we could have won the league? what if we had kept Tinnion, we could be playing Team Bath next weekend,

If we end up with 2 extra play-offs games let alone a wembley final, I'm sure majority will be looking back and feeling quite proud of where we have finished regardless of any play-off result.

In total agreement with you there, trying to keep my feet on the ground, but if at the end of the day we don't make it i for one applaud G/J the team and the supporters for a excellent season, its all in our hands :fingerscrossed:

Had Lee Johnson and Jamie McCombe been fit for the last 2 games we would have won those games in my opinion. We've been really unlucky with injuries to those 2 key players at this stage of the season.

Agreed, who'd have thought we would now be considering them as key players, I for one didn't but I have to say I do now. :city:

Archived