IGNORED

Please Don't Sign Anyone Gary!

easton boy

Now before anyone gets all clever and looks at my previous posts, yes I have advocated the use of loan signings and begged GJ to bring in new players to add impetus to our campaign over the last 6-8 weeks.

But after reading an interview with Alan Pardew, he blames the introduction of the big name loan signings as his teams possible failure to reach the play-offs.

from teamtalk:

Pardew: Blame me over loan flops

Alan Pardew has admitted his transfer market dealings could have cost Charlton a promotion spot in the Championship this season.

Greg Halford, Lee Cook, Scott Sinclair and Leroy Lita have all failed to make an impact at The Valley since joining on loan after the January transfer window, with the Addicks winning just once in their last nine games.

"We had been searching for a team capable of winning automatic promotion," Pardew told the Kent Messenger.

"In doing so, I muddled with the team and have now put our play-off position in jeopardy for which I take full responsibility.

"By bringing in loan players we tried to improve the side but in fact it knocked us back. Now we are fighting for our lives to get into the play-offs."

Pardew's side now lie in 10th place and, with just six games remaining, face a crunch game at home to Wolves on Saturday as they bid to make the play-offs.

IN GJ WE TRUST

Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't....Pardew has really messed it up at Charlton, and we are still in second place in spite of the dodgy run. I think we might well have brought in someone if Steve Brooker hadn't started hitting the net at Cheltenham, but he did, so he's in the squad and I'm happy.

We'd better start winning some games though, on current form we could even miss out on the play-off place that we all seem to be taking for granted. Charlton fans had themselves as certs for them about 6-7 games ago, and now they might not even make it.

Now before anyone gets all clever and looks at my previous posts, yes I have advocated the use of loan signings and begged GJ to bring in new players to add impetus to our campaign over the last 6-8 weeks.

But after reading an interview with Alan Pardew, he balmes the introduction of the big name loan signings as his teams possible failure to reach the play-offs.

from teamtalk:

Alan Pardew has admitted his transfer market dealings could have cost Charlton a promotion spot in the Championship this season.

Greg Halford, Lee Cook, Scott Sinclair and Leroy Lita have all failed to make an impact at The Valley since joining on loan after the January transfer window, with the Addicks winning just once in their last nine games.

"We had been searching for a team capable of winning automatic promotion," Pardew told the Kent Messenger.

"In doing so, I muddled with the team and have now put our play-off position in jeopardy for which I take full responsibility.

"By bringing in loan players we tried to improve the side but in fact it knocked us back. Now we are fighting for our lives to get into the play-offs."

Pardew's side now lie in 10th place and, with just six games remaining, face a crunch game at home to Wolves on Saturday as they bid to make the play-offs.

IN GJ WE TRUST

GOOD POST!

We need to get back the consistency we had and we will, things will change for us again.

3 home wins and a win and draw away will see us take 2nd spot.

Loans signings disrupt things, we have the strengh here at the moment as has already been shown by our league position. We have a "new" signing in Steve Brooker lets use him.

Lets fill the Gate and make the 12th, 13th and 14th man to clinch the dream.

But after reading an interview with Alan Pardew, he balmes the introduction of the big name loan signings as his teams possible failure to reach the play-offs.

from teamtalk:

IN GJ WE TRUST

agreed, on paper they all looked fairly decent signigns, though in each case wasn't bothered that they joined Charlton,

personally happy with who with have, a fit Steve Brooker is as good as a new signing right now and is possibly the shot in the arse that the tean needs

agreed, on paper they all looked fairly decent signigns, though in each case wasn't bothered that they joined Charlton,

personally happy with who with have, a fit Steve Brooker is as good as a new signing right now and is possibly the shot in the arse that the tean needs

The fact that they can't be bothered, I think, is down to each players personal ambition-

Leroy Lita - must have wanted a Prem January move

Scott Sinclair - NEVER going to join Charlton or probably a championship on a permanent basis

Lee Cook and Greg Halford - not played enough recent first team games to be up to speed immediately.

Now, like I said in my intro, I HAVE wanted GJ to sign a loan striker or defensive Midfielder, but on this evidence, my judgement was obviously WAY off mark.

The Charlton experience shows what can happen when you get big Prem names in who are obviously not motivated or interested in playing for your club.

Heres hoping Stoke sign another couple today!!

The fact that they can't be bothered, I think, is down to each players personal ambition-

Scott Sinclair - NEVER going to join Charlton or probably a championship on a permanent basis

Lee Cook and Greg Halford - not played enough recent first team games to be up to speed immediately.

Now, like I said in my intro, I HAVE wanted GJ to sign a loan striker or defensive Midfielder, but on this evidence, my judgement was obviously WAY off mark.

The Charlton experience shows what can happen when you get big Prem names in who are obviously not motivated or interested in playing for your club.

yep, And Watford and maybe a couple of to West Brom as well,

people can point at Brum last season, and also the amount of players at Hul, however they have been long-term signing that have taken time to Settle in and adjust to the team, before the team really started to push up the leagues, if we were to bring someone into the club/squad, they would need to be able to adapt to our style of play, get used to other players in the team and hit top form STRAIGHT AWAY........never going to happen.

Some managers think that management is attracting the most skillful players and putting them all on to the field and let them perform - they give lip service to team spirit and tactics and blame the players for not reaching the heights that individually each player can achieve and their solution is to bring some more highly paid unenthusiastic players into the club.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't....Pardew has really messed it up at Charlton, and we are still in second place in spite of the dodgy run. I think we might well have brought in someone if Steve Brooker hadn't started hitting the net at Cheltenham, but he did, so he's in the squad and I'm happy.

We'd better start winning some games though, on current form we could even miss out on the play-off place that we all seem to be taking for granted. Charlton fans had themselves as certs for them about 6-7 games ago, and now they might not even make it.

I would suggest that its extremely unlikely we would miss the playoffs now. I cant see how 4/5 teams can get passed us

Guest ashtonyate

But on the other hand Johnsons foward signings have been poor a list to long to going to is it better to get a player in and have a look at him before signing him

I would suggest that its extremely unlikely we would miss the playoffs now. I cant see how 4/5 teams can get passed us

Extremely unlikely maybe, but if we drew 3 and lost three in the run in, you might be unpleasantly surprised. Not saying we will mind, but our recent form has been dire and we need to get some wins under our belts sharpish.

Does this emergency loan thing close today or something?

From BBC website:

The transfer window is now closed for permanent signings, and will reopen in the summer after the end of the season.

In the Football League and Blue Square Premier, loan deals are permitted from Friday, 8 February until Thursday, 27 March at 1700 GMT.

However, in exceptional circumstances, clubs can apply for special dispensation to the Premier League or Football League outside these times - for instance, if they had no goalkeepers available.

In addition, players who are unattached free agents, and were not registered with a club when the transfer window closed on 31 January, are able to join new clubs.

The transfer window does not apply to clubs below Blue Square Premier level.

The loan deal period finishes today - all these loan signings other clubs are making are not in fact emergency! Emergency loans start after today - usually only applies to goalkeepers

FTG

Great honesty, however, it's not what you do, it's who you sign and in form Hull had FIVE in the team Saturday and Stoke have had plenty.

Yes, fair comment.

But the contrast between Hull/Stoke and Charlton, is Hull and Stoke have their loan players integrated into their team and systems for a while now, whereas Charlton have made panic loan signings, which looked good on paper, but do not have the requisite time til the end of the season to integrate them fully.

If I have misconstrued your post please accept my apologies.

Yes, fair comment.

But the contrast between Hull/Stoke and Charlton, is Hull and Stoke have their loan players integrated into their team and systems for a while now, whereas Charlton have made panic loan signings, which looked good on paper, but do not have the requisite time til the end of the season to integrate them fully.

excatly as I've been saying, difference between Long-term and short-term loan deals is more shown, Hull's/Stoke players have been their for a while and are used to the team, exactly the same as Brum last season, get the players in Early Doors and IT MIGHT work, Stoke recently have signed Jay Bothoryd from Wolves who is another loan player yet to make an impact.

people were screaming for Lita to come back in jan, then some moaned again when he joined charlton, similar was said when Scott Sinclair went to Charlton but just look how they have tumbled down the league following the signing of short-term long players,

With Brooker coming back, we don't need to be making panic loan signings and all the signs point to the fact that we won't.

Yes, fair comment.

Time will tell and just because Lita's not done it yet at Charlton doesn't mean that he won't and it doesn't mean he wouldn't have done better at City.

At then end of the day, who knows (GJ Hopefully) and we'll know inabout six weeks time.

Fact is, Pardew has been clueless all season with formations, tactics, subs etc. if you ask Charlton fans themselves.

This is just another excuse he can present to them.

Phil Brown has shown what you can do with quality so I don't think Charlton is a good example.

Archived