IGNORED

Mcindoe

sunningdalered

OK, so my granny should have told me not to come onto the city forum and have a pop at one of the teams more popular players...but...can someone please explain to me why not a lot of eyebrows are being raised about Mcindoe's inability to go round a defender in a one v one position. 9 times out of 10, he does about 20 stepovers, none of which the full-back actually buys, and then a failed attempt to reach the dead-ball line. I can see exactly why he has not made it in previous attempts at this level. When he came up against Danny Mills it was laughable. Personally, I think he only gets away with it by appearing to look busy, and doing that hand-in-the-air acknowledgement thing when someone has played him in and he's come up with no end product..again!

As someone who never saw Aaron Browns potential - even when he was being tipped as the next big thing - you may not be surprised that I don't get it with Mcindoe. If the answer is that we don't have any better alternatives, and maybe Scotty down the left is just plain stupid, I would understand that, at least it would explain why he gets played week in week out.

I know that I can rely upon the faithful to educate me on this! :worship2:

Welcome to the forum...

Fact is, Mcindoe is not an out and out winger - he is more of a playmaker/make things happen kinda player...

Think a poor mans Beckham rather than Wright-Philips.

When LJ is in the team, most of our play goes through these two players. He dictates the tempo of the play, puts his foot on the ball and looks up... You probably wont see McIndone skin players time and time again - that should be Sprouley's job.

Just my opinions!

OK, so my granny should have told me not to come onto the city forum and have a pop at one of the teams more popular players...but...can someone please explain to me why not a lot of eyebrows are being raised about Mcindoe's inability to go round a defender in a one v one position. 9 times out of 10, he does about 20 stepovers, none of which the full-back actually buys, and then a failed attempt to reach the dead-ball line. I can see exactly why he has not made it in previous attempts at this level. When he came up against Danny Mills it was laughable. Personally, I think he only gets away with it by appearing to look busy, and doing that hand-in-the-air acknowledgement thing when someone has played him in and he's come up with no end product..again!

As someone who never saw Aaron Browns potential - even when he was being tipped as the next big thing - you may not be surprised that I don't get it with Mcindoe. If the answer is that we don't have any better alternatives, and maybe Scotty down the left is just plain stupid, I would understand that, at least it would explain why he gets played week in week out.

He isn't being touted as a potential runner for the player of the season for no reason.

Admittedly he does seem increasingly unwilling to try to get past defenders, but FFS, the guy has 7 assists and 4 goals

Aaron Brown was quality when he was on form and the way his career tailed off after he left us is a shame in regards to talent being unrealised. He was injured or was it suspended at the end of the season we lost to Cardiff in the play-offs and i'm convinced that we'd have gone up had he been fit.

Once he left its taken three years to find a decent left midfielder and we're lucky to have a player of McIndoe's ability.

McIndoe might not be full of tricks and turns but he works extremely hard, has a great left foot and is pretty quick. He gets good service in from the left side and doesn't need to beat his man every time to do so. Wingers don't have to get to the byline, look at Beckham for example.

And why on earth do you think he failed at this level before? He simply didn't. Go ask a Wolves fan.

He's probably been our most consistent performer this season and is the best left winger we've had since Dave Smith IMO.

Just to add some stats. He's got the most assists in the team, the most on target shots in the team, and 4 goals... all without being our main set piece taker.

Personally since we have signed him, I've been not much short of GOBSMACKED as to how good he actually is, that fact that he's been at Barnsley, Derby and Wolves in a short time in this division did worry me a bit, however without a doubt he signed for City for one reason GARY JOHNSON and he's shown possibly to be the best buy this season.

He's impressed me no end since he's got here, people say he's a moaner, however that's because he has that desire to win attitude that GJ loves to have in the squad, as a player he's possibly the best left winger I can recall at the club for a long time, Dave Smith has been mentioned, but already think he's shown to be a better player than him,

My Only concern about McIndoe is.....if we don't go up, can we keep him?

Mcindoe is a steady player who is neither rubbish or world beating, he rarely delivers and end product but how many wingers do? I can't fault his effort just perhaps a lack of imagination when around the opponents box sometimes!

Indeed compared to Sproule, Mcindoe is far superior! It's amazing really that at the start of the season survival would have been seen as a success, but when you look at it now, if we had scored a few more goals we could have run away with this leauge!

Michael is someone you need in a squad without doubt !

World subscribers will realise his arrogance and desire to be the best...........

There is nothing wrong with that whatsoever!

More Mcindoes's in the squad the better..he is not Pele but his passion is unquestioned!

Nuff said !

M M - IS A WINNER

Tomo

I like McIndoe very much, chiefly because he always wants the ball and at least tries to make something happen with it. He's the complete opposite of Sproule who seems content to let the whole game bypass him, which is very disappointing.

We've performed extremely well as a team through the season with some unheard of players.

Out of all the mates I have who follow West Brom, Watford, Southampton, Wolves (what I call stock standard CCC teams) - most of them haven't heard of our players.

Go through the team and I always hear "That McIndoe is a good player" - the Wolves mate would love him back in the team and reckons it was a mistake to let him go.

He is one of the players I would call "genuine Championship quality".

He may not bang the ball past a full back everytime but he makes things happen.

Archived