IGNORED

Transfer Window - Whats The Point ?

Guest zider_head

Guest zider_head

Not that I'm saying Gary should rush out and sign x, y or z, but I find the whole situation a complete joke, why have a transfer window thats so say slams shut at midnight then basically allow any team to sign any number of players they feel free to do so ?

Utter mockery really surely ?

Guest zider_head

All it seems to achieve is filling some sports pages for a few days leading up with rubbish rumours as well as making agents easy money for a couple of days for not much work, I don't get the benifit ?

It was supposed to give players and clubs more security and cut down on speculation mid season. It doesn't, in fact it has the reverse effect. Players can't move permanently and secure their future before the end of the season, they have to go on a "loan with a view". Clubs are still just as vulnerable to big offers for players via loan.

So do these "loans" have to be with a view to a permanent signing ? I cant imagine Hull can afford Campbell or Stoke Ameobi ?

No they don't have to be, I'm just pointing out that from the point of view of a player who is out of contract at the end of the season that's the best they can hope for whereas before the window they could have secured a permanent move and a long contract. Less security means that the window has failed in its' intent.

So do these "loans" have to be with a view to a permanent signing ? I cant imagine Hull can afford Campbell or Stoke Ameobi ?

The clause will be ' if they go up, they will agree a price' if unsuccessful, its only on loan to end of the season. Seems a good enough deal to me. :yawn:

Transfer Window as a whole is a waste of time, but thankfully the loan arrangement is still a good thing, despite popular belief as recently loans aren't a loop hole it's something that's been left in place by the FA due to the total stupidity of the transfer window as a whole.

bbc describes the loan window as this.......

The transfer window is now closed for permanent signings, and will reopen in the summer after the end of the season.

In the Football League and Blue Square Premier, loan deals are permitted from Friday, 8 February until Thursday, 27 March at 1700 GMT.

However, in exceptional circumstances, clubs can apply for special dispensation to the Premier League or Football League outside these times - for instance, if they had no goalkeepers available.

In addition, players who are unattached free agents, and were not registered with a club when the transfer window closed on 31 January, are able to join new clubs.

The transfer window does not apply to clubs below Blue Square Premier level.

Archived