IGNORED

Match Officials - Plymouth

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

Referee: Roy Pearson - Co. Durham

Asst: Steve Dorr - Worcs.

Asst: Phil Gibbs - W. Mids.

First visit to Ashton Gate for referee Pearson, although we have seen him in charge four times at away games, unfortunately seeing us lose three and draw one. (Murray getting a typical 90th minute goal against Millwall)

We can only hope that he is able to use common sense and keep his nerve in what will be a very competitive game in a full stadium. He is currently 21st (from 56) in the Rate the Ref league, with a reasonable score for letting the game flow.

Looks like the penalty drought could continue, he's only awarded three all season.

Stats for Roy Pearson:

(Only City bookings/scorers noted)

1997/1998

Games 42 Yellow (122) Red (2)

Chesterfield 1 v 0 City (1) BKD: McCarthy. Att: 5085 18/4/98

98/99

39 (107) (5)

Crewe 2 v 0 City(2) BKD: Akinbiyi, Watts. Att:3089 Lge Cup R2 22/9/98

99/00

35 (66) (4)

00/01

40 (99) (3)

Millwall 1 v 1 City(0) SC: Murray. Att: 9694 17/10/00

01/02

32 (97) (1)

Port Vale 1 v 0 City(3)BKD: Hill, Thorpe. Att:5682 26/12/01

02/03

35 (114) (4)

03/04

03 (90) (4)

Guest bristolbred

Mr Pearson lives near my sister in Co Durham, so i am sure his cool Northern nature is the best for a hot headed west country six pointer!! :o

As for statistics???

Don't mean a thing!!

It's up to the lads to feel hungry for the points and for promotion!!

And lets hope the fans give them an atmosphere to get them winning!!! :P

:cool::sub::sub::sub::sub::sub::sub::sub:

We had Neale Barry on Saturday and with him being a premiership ref i thought we'd have a decent one for once but that wont the case. Why does it always happen? Premiership refs seem to always turn out crap.

Guest bristolbred

Division 2 ref's have been poor all season, hence the lack of City getting a penalty!!.

Chatting to Div 1 and Prem fans on 606 live, the general concencus is that refereeeing standard are falling in this country!!

Neale Barry is an awfull ref. But the worst ref in the world title goes to Rob Styles. Total and utter f@%&ing *$%^. I hate this ref so much. I'm not sure if he has done anything to City but he makes me angry everytime i see him. He was the ref who was booking players left, right and centre v Real Mallorca in pre-season.

First visit to Ashton Gate for referee Pearson, although we have seen him in charge four times at away games, unfortunately seeing us lose three and draw one

At least he might favour us as the home team then?! :cool:

Archived