IGNORED

Within Touching Distance

freezer

Oh well boys and girls, here we are just 6 games away from the end of an absolutely fantastic season. What a ride.

Who in their wildest dreams could have hoped for us to be so good in our first season in The Championship and to be where we are now! Well chuffed.

The expectations for this season have been raised to an almost unreal level, we are so close to being a Premier League side it is scary. GJ, SL, KM, and all other capital letters including the fans have done an unbelievable job, thank you. I like most would have settled for survival and to be where we are now is indeed dreamland.

The club and everything connected with it has covered itself in glory.

One problem though. Recent form has shown that things need improving - I am more than happy for GJ to know how to run a football club - the squad available gives options, but if we are to achieve the ultimate goal then results need to improve now!

Hopefully the teams selected from the current squad will be good enough to achieve the results required. Due to recent poor performances I feel that we will struggle to achieve a run of results that will bring us automatic promotion. I must empathise that a reversal of my view would be more than acceptable.

Whilst others around us have added to their squads recently we have - for whatever reasons, and again the gaffer knows best - chosen to 'go with what we've got'. Time will tell and as we all know hindsight is a great thing but, I feel that we as a club should have 'pulled out all the stops' in bringing in another one or two quality signings - loan or otherwise - from the beginning of the year, or now.

The 'Promised Land' and all that it entails is within touching distance, but unless team selections and performances are greatly improved then we will miss out this term. Another question is when will we be in or near this position again if we do fail?

At Leicester and Cardiff for example I saw my team play in a way that didn't deserve a win and they didn't get one.

I'll be giving 100% as normal for the remaining games - as we all will - and if we fail then so be it.

I don't fancy our chances in the play-offs.

I hope this is not too negative, I hope we do it. If not hey, we're a Championship side. But to be so close and fail would be a real downer.

Come On You Reds.

Oh well boys and girls, here we are just 6 games away from the end of an absolutely fantastic season. What a ride.

Who in their wildest dreams could have hoped for us to be so good in our first season in The Championship and to be where we are now! Well chuffed.

The expectations for this season have been raised to an almost unreal level, we are so close to being a Premier League side it is scary. GJ, SL, KM, and all other capital letters including the fans have done an unbelievable job, thank you. I like most would have settled for survival and to be where we are now is indeed dreamland.

The club and everything connected with it has covered itself in glory.

One problem though. Recent form has shown that things need improving - I am more than happy for GJ to know how to run a football club - the squad available gives options, but if we are to achieve the ultimate goal then results need to improve now!

Hopefully the teams selected from the current squad will be good enough to achieve the results required. Due to recent poor performances I feel that we will struggle to achieve a run of results that will bring us automatic promotion. I must empathise that a reversal of my view would be more than acceptable.

Whilst others around us have added to their squads recently we have - for whatever reasons, and again the gaffer knows best - chosen to 'go with what we've got'. Time will tell and as we all know hindsight is a great thing but, I feel that we as a club should have 'pulled out all the stops' in bringing in another one or two quality signings - loan or otherwise - from the beginning of the year, or now.

The 'Promised Land' and all that it entails is within touching distance, but unless team selections and performances are greatly improved then we will miss out this term. Another question is when will we be in or near this position again if we do fail?

At Leicester and Cardiff for example I saw my team play in a way that didn't deserve a win and they didn't get one.

I'll be giving 100% as normal for the remaining games - as we all will - and if we fail then so be it.

I don't fancy our chances in the play-offs.

I hope this is not too negative, I hope we do it. If not hey, we're a Championship side. But to be so close and fail would be a real downer.

Come On You Reds.

Good post, I'll be giving 100%, but, if we don't make it... what a season

The worst that could possibly happen is that we don't make it, and spend another year in the Championship.

Is that really such a bad thing? We'll have local games against Cardiff, Plymouth and Swansea again plus trips to Fulham, Derby possibly Bolton, Newcastle Reading...and we'll get another crack at promotion too!

I'd be gutted if we don't make it, but it wont be the end of the world. So lets just relax and enjoy the ride!

The worst that could possibly happen is that we don't make it, and spend another year in the Championship.

Is that really such a bad thing? We'll have local games against Cardiff, Plymouth and Swansea again plus trips to Fulham, Derby possibly Bolton, Newcastle Reading...and we'll get another crack at promotion too!

I'd be gutted if we don't make it, but it wont be the end of the world. So lets just relax and enjoy the ride!

A fantastic season. A wonderful journey. But I sense an atmosphere of resignation amongst some of you that it's slipping away. Well, it isn't. We're still 2nd. It's still in our hands. 18 points still to be FOUGHT for & Gary et al will make sure that they ARE fought for. I still believe it is really doable.

Delia? Your cake will not rise on Saturday. In fact your team is going to be done to a crisp!! Your rhubarb will be crumbled. Your poisson will be battered. Your cream will be curdled and your Cureton sandwiched!

COME ON YOU REEEEDSSSS!

Archived