IGNORED

Defending - Still Giving Teams Goals

old_man_terry

Firstly, I know we scraped the win today and it's great to be top of the league.

HOWEVER

How many times in recent weeks have we given teams goals from basic defending errors and just plain sloppyness at the back, we need to stop giving teams goal starts or easy chance to take point, majority of the goals we have conceded in the last few weeks, all the goals v plymouth/cardiff are examples

We're all delighted to have got the late winner, however again today we made it hard for ourselves by gifting Huckerby the ball in a good position, fair enough it was a good finish, but with the teams we are playing we can't afford to keep making mistakes.

What's gone so wrong in the last few weeks at the Back?

on a side note, at Right Back I'm still no sure what Wilson did wrong to be dropped, looked good covering for Bradley's suspension, (ok he's no right winger) however at right back, based purely on form, would anyone else be playing Wilson over Orr?

You can't fault Orr's commitment and attitude, however you can't really fault Wilson either from his performances at Right Back.

sort of agree with your post terry , but i think wilson is rather a safe player and does what he has to do but hides sometimes i think as, for orr offers you more passion , goals ( 5 ) and also however poor or well he plays always wants the ball , and i get the feeling he loves the city

To be honest at this point of the season all that matters is results. Bradley was at fault for their goal but had a hand in crossing for our first goal. These are the players that have got us here and hoepfully they will have enough quality to get us up. It is a team game and a lot of players had poor games today but lets just forget about it and move on to the next game.

Guest Eamer

I'll fault the referee for this one. The first throw in of the two before their goal that Murray apparently hit out was kicked right against their player and should've been our ball. I was right in front of it and don't know what the ref was thinking. If he'd gave the ball the right way they wouldn't have scored their goal.

One mistake. You can't castigate a player for that, especially in the context of the rest of the game.

Orr was magnificent today - I counted at least 4 occasions where if he'd been skinned a goal probably would have been conceded. Instead he read the play and turned defence into attack. I'm not a huge Orr fan, but was very impressed by him today.

I'll fault the referee for this one. The first throw in of the two before their goal that Murray apparently hit out was kicked right against their player and should've been our ball. I was right in front of it and don't know what the ref was thinking. If he'd gave the ball the right way they wouldn't have scored their goal.

Oh come on, " if he'd gave?? the ball the right way they wouldnt have scored??" how naive can you get

Norwich had been pressing us and scored a well deserved goal which had been coming for about 10 mins before that and if

not for some great blocks and poor finishing would have arrived earlier, don't get caught up in thinking about throws etc.

They were better than us, period, and we absolutely mugged them.

p.s your thoughts on Brook's comeback goal?????. :city:

One mistake. You can't castigate a player for that, especially in the context of the rest of the game.

Orr was magnificent today - I counted at least 4 occasions where if he'd been skinned a goal probably would have been conceded. Instead he read the play and turned defence into attack. I'm not a huge Orr fan, but was very impressed by him today.

not having a pop at Orr or anyone really, just the defence as a whole, just seems as a there have been more and more mistakes appearing each week and we get punished for them, which is the problem at this level, it's just something that has creaped into our game recently,

Archived