IGNORED

Geoff T Sick Of Some Gas Fans

freezer

Fair play to Mr Twentyman on Radio Babber after the game today.

There were quite a few text messages coming in from some bitter sags putting City and their achivements down. Things like we'll come straight back down if we do go up and we're just lucky, you know all the usual rubbish.

Anyways after reading a few out Mr T got a bit fed up of them and said it would be better if fans concentrated on their own club instead of commenting on others. He also said that in future he probably wouldn't read out any more if they were of the same vein.

Well done Geoff, some of the blue few do seem rather bad sports. They also make themselves look very bitter and foolish with their digs at their bigger and better neighbours. It must be horrible having all that pent up frustration and animosity held inside, poor things.

It is also refreshing to note that no City fans felt the need to comment in any way about that other team.

Well done Geoff, you have a passion for football and showed again with your coverage tonight that Bristol City's victory and climb to the top of The Championship with just 5 games left is a fantastic achievement that doesn't warrant such vitriol.

Fair play to Mr Twentyman on Radio Babber after the game today.

There were quite a few text messages coming in from some bitter sags putting City and their achivements down. Things like we'll come straight back down if we do go up and we're just lucky, you know all the usual rubbish.

Anyways after reading a few out Mr T got a bit fed up of them and said it would be better if fans concentrated on their own club instead of commenting on others. He also said that in future he probably wouldn't read out any more if they were of the same vein.

Well done Geoff, some of the blue few do seem rather bad sports. They also make themselves look very bitter and foolish with their digs at their bigger and better neighbours. It must be horrible having all that pent up frustration and animosity held inside, poor things.

It is also refreshing to note that no City fans felt the need to comment in any way about that other team.

Well done Geoff, you have a passion for football and showed again with your coverage tonight that Bristol City's victory and climb to the top of The Championship with just 5 games left is a fantastic achievement that doesn't warrant such vitriol.

He'd be a better sports editor if he coughed up the extra £500 and broadcast commentary from both City and Rovers each week, like various BBC Local Stations do. He lives very much in the past and he'll be lucky to hold onto the rights much longer, if things don't improve. Look at Leeds United this week who got rid of BBC Radio Leeds for the next 3 seasons.

Guest MaloneFM

Sounds to me like our Mr Twentystone is fishing. If they were that bad, don't read them out or even comment on them in the first place rather than say 'Lee from Kingswood says city are crap, rovers are going up, well Lee I'm not going to read that one out eh chums?'

He'd be a better sports editor if he coughed up the extra £500 and broadcast commentary from both City and Rovers each week, like various BBC Local Stations do. He lives very much in the past and he'll be lucky to hold onto the rights much longer, if things don't improve. Look at Leeds United this week who got rid of BBC Radio Leeds for the next 3 seasons.

As he's said in the past, it's not his decision regarding Budgets and what games would get broadcast. Personally speaking, I believe City and Rovers always take priority over Yeovil (leave them to Radio Somerset) with the 2 clubs and the rugby, leave Rugby on MW, and have the Away Team as the main commentary match which as always worked so well in the past.

As for today's comments, he's said the same to City fans in the past and agree that any callers should only really talk about their own teams and performances and not snipe at others, He's told callers off in the past for such comments and he is totally right, however with the text messages, I don't think there is much in the way of screening of them, he just reads them as they appear

As he's said in the past, it's not his decision regarding Budgets and what games would get broadcast. Personally speaking, I believe City and Rovers always take priority over Yeovil (leave them to Radio Somerset) with the 2 clubs and the rugby, leave Rugby on MW, and have the Away Team as the main commentary match which as always worked so well in the past.

Sorry but that's just not credible.

Geoff is the senior member of the sports team and is one of the management team of the station.

He should not be trying to hide his responsibilities; It's all about openness, Geoff!!

If Radio Bristol cannot guarantee coverage in the event that we make the Prem, I'm sure that there will be other stations that will who'll certainly pay more money!

Sorry but that's just not credible.

Geoff is the senior member of the sports team and is one of the management team of the station.

He should not be trying to hide his responsibilities; It's all about openness, Geoff!!

If Radio Bristol cannot guarantee coverage in the event that we make the Prem, I'm sure that there will be other stations that will who'll certainly pay more money!

maybe, but he is not a budget man.

for the record, really won't want to see us going down the leeds route, they are having commentary on "ken bates owned" Radio Yorkshire which only broadcast through sky, online and through DAB, surely only releasing "ken bates approved" news stories.

besides, being a club like leeds and in an area like Yorkshire they have a greater fans base and a larger amount of listeners, where as can you actually imagine someone like Star FM doing City coverage CHRIST! no doubt presented by Jed Bloody Pitman.

I'm more than Happy with the BBC service and don't see any problems, already since we have been promoted we are pretty much covered every week, I'd imagine that to be the same IF we became a premier league club next season.

I think the 'blue few' really is the best description of the gas. It really kinda sums them all up perfectly!

Bless em, with their pantomime kit and their funny little ground and all their players who used to play for us but wern't good enough..

It's like kicking a puppy.

I think the 'blue few' really is the best description of the gas. It really kinda sums them all up perfectly!

Bless em, with their pantomime kit and their funny little ground and all their players who used to play for us but wern't good enough..

It's like kicking a puppy.

That's made I laugh.

I would rather liken them to a sad old alcoholic one-hit wonder pop star who got a top 36 hit in 1983 and since realising that he no longer has the talent has turned to the Jack Daniels.

They always did, do, and always will wish they were us.

Quite right. And as ive written before, the reason Radio Leeds lost their commentary rights was because Ken Bates decided to double their cost. When Radio Leeds decided they couldnt afford this hike he gave the rights to his own radio station.

To be honest i find this more than a little worrying, if other clubs realise they can get away with this, then its us the football fans who lose out.

Or do people think the BBC should pay whatever football clubs demand ?

I've always thought Twentypence is a blatant gashead but he does at least make an effort to try and be impartial even if he doesn't always succeed. Not sure I would manage to get as close to impartial as he does were I in that position and as long as he's trying to do so, I don't really have a problem with him as I'm sure I'd want an ex-city player to retain some loyalty. We could do a lot worse. Imagine when Hollowhead finally gets found out as a rubbish manager capable only of fourth tier coaching - how would we like it if he ended up working for the local beeb?

Guest DrFaustus
They always did, do, and always will wish they were us.

Don't be silly. Your team has had fabulous success recently and you have a top quality manager and chairman, some great unity amongst your squad and apparently are playing nice football. That is not a green-eyed moster comment, just the stark reality. However, you have a team and you stick with them through thick and thin, or thin and thin in our case. I don't know one rovers fan, who 'wishes we were you'.

Don't be silly. Your team has had fabulous success recently and you have a top quality manager and chairman, some great unity amongst your squad and apparently are playing nice football. That is not a green-eyed moster comment, just the stark reality. However, you have a team and you stick with them through thick and thin, or thin and thin in our case. I don't know one rovers fan, who 'wishes we were you'.

Doc, we were not better off than you were 18/24 months ago position wise. We as a club and a team are a shining light and example to every other club in the football league that the so called impossible is possible, its not a million miles away that we all thought and IF we do get promoted then it will only be good for football.

Guest DrFaustus
Apart from yourself, obviously. Why else do you spend so much time looking at our board?

Don't be daft. Reading and contributing to your internet playground doesn't make me want to be you, especially you Andy.

Guest MaloneFM

Reading HD? Whats this got to do with Charisma Coppels lot?

You KNOW you want to be us. Anyone with half an interest in the noble art of pessimism admire us. People that are chronically suicidal are dying to watch the siddy.

We only sing when we're whining.

Archived