IGNORED

The Bottom Line

Nibor

I may well be slightly the worse for wear this evening thanks to Mrs Thatcher and some chap called Glen Morangie but whilst I am still capable of typing there's a point I'd like to make.

I heard far too much whining and moaning today. I'm not talking about the disappointed groans when a pass is misplaced or the slightly more upset cries of unfairness when the referee gives yet another foul against a City player for **** all.

I'm talking about the continual barracking of Lord Johnson.

"Why isn't Brooker starting?"

"451 at home is negative"

"WTF is he doing playing Murray?"

"Skuse does what exactly?"

"Why bring off Adebola?"

"He got out of jail today"

I firmly believe that fans have a right to have a say, we do after all put £10m+ into the club every season and we will be here when everyone else has moved on. I'm not shy in giving my opinions on things city related and there is certainly a time and a place for analysis and thoughtful comment.

But for Christ's sake that time is just not now.

We might have got a somewhat lucky last minute winner but luck didn't put us top of the table and we were quite unlucky in the two games previous.

We are in the best league position we've been in for nearly 30 years with merely FIVE games to go before the end of the season. Recriminations and debate over what we should have done different can wait (and hopefully be forgotten about).

It's downright churlish to complain about the decisions the boss makes when we are performing way beyond all of our wildest dreams, so close to the promised land. More importantly to do so does absolutely nothing to help right now.

The transfer window is shut. The loan window is shut. We can't sign a player so how does saying "should have" help? The selection can't be changed after you hear it either, nor can the subs - so the only real course of action to take is to bite back your thoughts on what we should be doing differently and believe in the management team that got us here and give full support.

Gary Johnson was vindicated today by the bottom line - THREE POINTS CLOSER TO THE PREM, and even if we'd lost his management philosophy is vindicated by the league position we're in. It doesn't make him omnipotent or beyond question but it does, IMO at least, earn him the right to unquestioning support for the last few games of a fantastic season.

I may well be slightly the worse for wear this evening thanks to Mrs Thatcher and some chap called Glen Morangie but whilst I am still capable of typing there's a point I'd like to make.

I heard far too much whining and moaning today. I'm not talking about the disappointed groans when a pass is misplaced or the slightly more upset cries of unfairness when the referee gives yet another foul against a City player for **** all.

"Why bring off Adebola?"

I firmly believe that fans have a right to have a say, we do after all put £10m+ into the club every season and we will be here when everyone else has moved on. I'm not shy in giving my opinions on things city related and there is certainly a time and a place for analysis and thoughtful comment.

We might have got a somewhat lucky last minute winner but luck didn't put us top of the table and we were quite unlucky in the two games previous.

We are in the best league position we've been in for nearly 30 years with merely FIVE games to go before the end of the season. Recriminations and debate over what we should have done different can wait (and hopefully be forgotten about).

It's downright churlish to complain about the decisions the boss makes when we are performing way beyond all of our wildest dreams, so close to the promised land. More importantly to do so does absolutely nothing to help right now.

The transfer window is shut. The loan window is shut. We can't sign a player so how does saying "should have" help? The selection can't be changed after you hear it either, nor can the subs - so the only real course of action to take is to bite back your thoughts on what we should be doing differently and believe in the management team that got us here and give full support.

Gary Johnson was vindicated today by the bottom line - THREE POINTS CLOSER TO THE PREM, and even if we'd lost his management philosophy is vindicated by the league position we're in. It doesn't make him omnipotent or beyond question but it does, IMO at least, earn him the right to unquestioning support for the last few games of a fantastic season.

As I said in the Jamie McC thread, in Johnson we trust, no matter who we prefer played, we are not there for training or in the physio's room during that week.

There are players I would have rather played today but I TRUST that there were reasons that they didn't......

As I said in the Jamie McC thread, in Johnson we trust, no matter who we prefer played, we are not there for training or in the physio's room during that week.

There are players I would have rather played today but I TRUST that there were reasons that they didn't......

GJ has brought City back from the verge of disappearing into League One obscurity to a position of strength. At the start of this season a play off position would have been a very, very good result. We are now better than very, very good without having spent all the money on new players.

I have always loved City, however it was a bit like a marraige that was going slowely wrong. Hoping for fleeting glimpses of happiness long gone. City now are like a new hot girlfriend. Exciting, very occasionally disappointing, but most of all waking me up in the middle of the night for some action. I live in Sydney so it all happens in the middle of the night here. :D

Very exciting times for all who love City.

Robins gas canaries as Stoke are potted and Bristol fly to the top.

Next week.

Saints martyered by Bristol.

Nibor, if you can type that coherently and with such passion at 3.03AM, have you ever thought of a career in journalism?

I would have a word with Redtop if I were you.

Although as you seem to write very well whist inebriated, you may be more Hunter S Thompson, than Harry HArris.

You would certainly be a damn sight better than Andy Stockhausen.

"Why bring off Adebola?"

nearly lost it yesterday.

score was 0 - 0 and carle lost possession

some idiot thought fit to shout 'i want my money back'!!!!!!!!!!!! This fool (never seen him sat there before) though is one of many and nearly caused trouble saying that sitting amongst some hardcore supporters,season ticket holders who are a little bit on the tough side of being hard as nails.

"i came from london today to watch this rubbish" my only response now is........we won....we're top and you looks a bigger fool

He should do himself a favour and sit somewhere else,bitten off more than he can chew springs to mind and i hope he learns from it or someone else will square up to him soon.

some of us go to every home game and many away games and you get a guy from London on the bandwagon for the odd game or priority ticket stub moaning and winding up the locals,

as for moaners about swearing in the main stands they have to accept the swearing will occur and if they don't want kids to hear it the family enclosure is at the front.......you take a kids into the main stands they are going to hear it left right and centre.....don't sit there next time.

If our league posn was different, ie, safe but nothing left to play for, then i would expect GJ to be shaping things for next season and i would be looking at performances and individuals with a more critical eye.

HOWEVER

With 5 games to go, IMHO, performance comes second to the result..........I don`t care if we misplace every other pass, i don`t care if we hardly get a sniff of possession, i don`t care if the referee is playing for the opposition.

It`s too late in the day now for these people to be criticising GJ, and, i suspect, as mentioned previously, there`s more than a couple of `glory hunters` showing their ignorance.

Yes we were lucky yesterday.

Yes Norwich were the better side overall.

Yes they deserved a point, at least....but you don`t always get what you deserve in this game.

I don`t care.

We won and with 5 games left thats all that matters.

PDG

"Why bring off Adebola?"

Nibor where is see there was some ####### about three rows backs,berating everything the boys did was this and that.

I speak my mind,but this guy was a complete and utter ####.

Yes we were poor,yes I believe Gary made mistakes yesterday and in the windows,but christ this is the time to keep together.

"Why bring off Adebola?"

Good call, and completely correct.

However, it is my opinion that most of the moaners were the glory-boys who only crawl out of the woodwork when they have a bandwagon to jump on.

nearly lost it yesterday.

score was 0 - 0 and carle lost possession

some idiot thought fit to shout 'i want my money back'!!!!!!!!!!!! This fool (never seen him sat there before) though is one of many and nearly caused trouble saying that sitting amongst some hardcore supporters,season ticket holders who are a little bit on the tough side of being hard as nails.

"i came from london today to watch this rubbish" my only response now is........we won....we're top and you looks a bigger fool

He should do himself a favour and sit somewhere else,bitten off more than he can chew springs to mind and i hope he learns from it or someone else will square up to him soon.

some of us go to every home game and many away games and you get a guy from London on the bandwagon for the odd game or priority ticket stub moaning and winding up the locals,

as for moaners about swearing in the main stands they have to accept the swearing will occur and if they don't want kids to hear it the family enclosure is at the front.......you take a kids into the main stands they are going to hear it left right and centre.....don't sit there next time.

But we were 1-0 up when Carle came on?

Anyway...

Someone stood up a few rows in front of me today (bottom of William's stand) and started shouting at GJ. GJ actually heard him and turned around made a few gestures and then just shook his head at the bloke who promptly sat back down. Don't know if anyone else saw this but I thought it was hilarious.

"Why bring off Adebola?"

Absolutely agree.

Nearly punched a stranger in the face before the game in the pub. All he did was go on about how crap we are, how because we lost to cardiff last week, we don't desrve to be where we are or go up. Lansdown is crap, the supporters are crap....blah blah blah.

All I can say is, what is wrong with the club, is supporters (and I use that term loosely) like that are not welcome.

Johnson has made one hell of an impact since coming to the club and has dragged the City up and out of that horrible division we've been languishing in for too long. Wilson threatened to take us up and out of it but was unable to just when it needed the final push on more than one occasion. We really should have gone up three times in the few years before Johnson arrived but weren't able to.

Having gained promotion I fully expected a season of struggle and consolidation, but was amazed - as I'm sure everyone has been if we're fully honest - at just how far this run has gone. Its been a really odd season: win, win, draw, win, draw, win, hammered, win, draw, win, win, hammered, win, draw, draw, win etc etc etc. Having a GD of +2 after 41 games and are top of the second division (lets drop the corporate brand names eh?) is worth a head shake of disbelief.

Part of me wants the City to go up but countered against that is the Derby syndrome. Are City capable of surviving up there? I really think no, not at the moment, not with the current squad. So is it worth going up, getting murdered most weeks (ManUre are frightening at the moment - imagine City taking on that??) and taking the £40million and thank you here's relegation? I want City to have a fighting chance of staying up and building on it, not getting destroyed and having half the squad leave and seeing mercenaries with no loyalty come for one season, muck things up big time and then abandon ship and go to another equally doomed club the following season.

To many people are prepared to accept a short term burst of glory for years of darkness afterwards. I want the light to carry on shining for a long, long time. I was one of those supporters who watched as City sank in 4 successive seasons from Div 1 to Div 4 and hit the bottom (yes, City hit bottom of the league and I remember it well). I fear for something like that - okay, maybe not that dramatic but its scarred me for life and I really fear for a repeat - unless City are prepared for the top flight. This means building the squad up so it can cope. £40m won't do that immediately. It needs time.

I'm scared to death City will go up and get demolished. It won't be enjoyable and I bet most of those jumping up and down now screaming for promotion will be the first to call for GJ's head after ten matches when City are bottom with a -20 goal difference. City need good managers as well as good players, and we have to keep GJ. Apart from Basso who comes to mind who would swim in the top division? Most would sink, wouldn't they?

I'd prefer disappointment this season for a longer term success.

Johnson has made one hell of an impact since coming to the club and has dragged the City up and out of that horrible division we've been languishing in for too long. Wilson threatened to take us up and out of it but was unable to just when it needed the final push on more than one occasion. We really should have gone up three times in the few years before Johnson arrived but weren't able to.

Having gained promotion I fully expected a season of struggle and consolidation, but was amazed - as I'm sure everyone has been if we're fully honest - at just how far this run has gone. Its been a really odd season: win, win, draw, win, draw, win, hammered, win, draw, win, win, hammered, win, draw, draw, win etc etc etc. Having a GD of +2 after 41 games and are top of the second division (lets drop the corporate brand names eh?) is worth a head shake of disbelief.

Part of me wants the City to go up but countered against that is the Derby syndrome. Are City capable of surviving up there? I really think no, not at the moment, not with the current squad. So is it worth going up, getting murdered most weeks (ManUre are frightening at the moment - imagine City taking on that??) and taking the £40million and thank you here's relegation? I want City to have a fighting chance of staying up and building on it, not getting destroyed and having half the squad leave and seeing mercenaries with no loyalty come for one season, muck things up big time and then abandon ship and go to another equally doomed club the following season.

To many people are prepared to accept a short term burst of glory for years of darkness afterwards. I want the light to carry on shining for a long, long time. I was one of those supporters who watched as City sank in 4 successive seasons from Div 1 to Div 4 and hit the bottom (yes, City hit bottom of the league and I remember it well). I fear for something like that - okay, maybe not that dramatic but its scarred me for life and I really fear for a repeat - unless City are prepared for the top flight. This means building the squad up so it can cope. £40m won't do that immediately. It needs time.

I'm scared to death City will go up and get demolished. It won't be enjoyable and I bet most of those jumping up and down now screaming for promotion will be the first to call for GJ's head after ten matches when City are bottom with a -20 goal difference. City need good managers as well as good players, and we have to keep GJ. Apart from Basso who comes to mind who would swim in the top division? Most would sink, wouldn't they?

I want City to go up. I want City to be playing some of the best club teams in Europe. Yes it may be only for one season. But the money from that one season + parachute payments will do more for building the club further than staying in this division.

I too recall the slide from 1st to 4th and , yes, those were dark days, but thats the past, leave it there.

Success is what this game is all about. IF we don`t make it, so be it, but while the chance is there......you go for it. There`s no guarantee you`ll ever get another chance.

I`m sorry i just can`t comprehend people who would not want City in the Prem.

PDG

I do want them in the prem. Read the whole thing, not just certain words. I want them up, but only when they are better prepared with a bigger and better squad able to stay up. Maybe I should just have said that. Explaining why seems to go over some peoples head.......

I read your post fully.

How long do you think it would take City to have a squad prepared for life in the Prem.

You said yourself that you were expecting a season of struggle in the Championship and yet here we are. Believe me, if we go up, i agree it would be a struggle, downright painful at times, but i say again.....i will take that for financial rewards that will build this squad sooner than staying in the Championship.

You can`t pick and choose when you want your success and your not always going to be prepared for it.

And why do you feel the need to throw subtle insults because someone doesn`t agree with you.

PDG

yes brilliant post, we haveto keep it together.

but...

DAVID NOBLE.

WAS TERRIBLE YESTERDAY

HE DOESNT CARE

HE WALKS AROUND AIMLESSLEY AND DOES NOTHING

HE DOESNT WANT PREM FOOTBALL

OR A PLACE IN THE TEAM

NO PASSION

SHOULD NOT START AGAIN

Noble was played out of position yesterday - he is not a striker, which was what it looked like he was asked to do. He didn't have his best game, but we all know he is quality on his day. Think we'll see Dele and Brooks starting vs Saints, so this won't be an issue. I hope Johnson was taken off as a precaution, and Marv will be back recharged and refreshed.

Nibor, if you can type that coherently and with such passion at 3.03AM, have you ever thought of a career in journalism?

I would have a word with Redtop if I were you.

Although as you seem to write very well whist inebriated, you may be more Hunter S Thompson, than Harry HArris.

You would certainly be a damn sight better than Andy Stockhausen.

Thanks for that, I've got a cousin who's a journalist and every family get together we all ask him when he's going to get a proper job :)

Nibor where is see there was some ####### about three rows backs,berating everything the boys did was this and that.

I speak my mind,but this guy was a complete and utter ####.

Yes we were poor,yes I believe Gary made mistakes yesterday and in the windows,but christ this is the time to keep together.

There were some selections and tactical choices GJ made yesterday that I didn't really agree with but I can't understand why people moan about it during a game.

The top 4 certainly would demolish us but then they do that to most sides. Survival is more about how promoted sides fare against the other bottom half teams and really I don't think some of them are that special. Were we to go up it would certainly be a massive struggle to stay up but it's far from a foregone conclusion.

The £30m + £11m + £11m cash on offer for just one season there may also go a long way to building the stronger foundations you talk of - not the mention the stadium.

I hope we go up this season and make sensible choices, sign the right players and have a good shot at it but not bet the house on survival so that we're in better shape if we come down. One thing that worries me is I reckon this is the best opportunity in terms of the performance and quality of other sides in the league that we're going to get for promotion for a good while. I am fairly certain the bar will be higher next season.

yes brilliant post, we haveto keep it together.

but...

DAVID NOBLE.

WAS TERRIBLE YESTERDAY

HE DOESNT CARE

HE WALKS AROUND AIMLESSLEY AND DOES NOTHING

HE DOESNT WANT PREM FOOTBALL

OR A PLACE IN THE TEAM

NO PASSION

SHOULD NOT START AGAIN

He was poor yesterday in that his passing and control weren't up to his usual very high standards but frankly the rest of what you wrote is IMO utter rubbish. He's been a very effective player for us this season when he's had a run of games not just been brought in for the odd few minutes here and there. To suggest he doesn't want Prem Football is utterly ludicrous.

Thanks for that, I've got a cousin who's a journalist and every family get together we all ask him when he's going to get a proper job :)

There were some selections and tactical choices GJ made yesterday that I didn't really agree with but I can't understand why people moan about it during a game.

The top 4 certainly would demolish us but then they do that to most sides. Survival is more about how promoted sides fare against the other bottom half teams and really I don't think some of them are that special. Were we to go up it would certainly be a massive struggle to stay up but it's far from a foregone conclusion.

The £30m + £11m + £11m cash on offer for just one season there may also go a long way to building the stronger foundations you talk of - not the mention the stadium.

I hope we go up this season and make sensible choices, sign the right players and have a good shot at it but not bet the house on survival so that we're in better shape if we come down. One thing that worries me is I reckon this is the best opportunity in terms of the performance and quality of other sides in the league that we're going to get for promotion for a good while. I am fairly certain the bar will be higher next season.

He was poor yesterday in that his passing and control weren't up to his usual very high standards but frankly the rest of what you wrote is IMO utter rubbish. He's been a very effective player for us this season when he's had a run of games not just been brought in for the odd few minutes here and there. To suggest he doesn't want Prem Football is utterly ludicrous.

ah well i would like to change what i have said to a certian extent.

he still never deserves a place

he does want prem football, just doesnt want to have to o anything to get it.

he put in no effort

just a waste of space

But we were 1-0 up when Carle came on?

Anyway...

Someone stood up a few rows in front of me today (bottom of William's stand) and started shouting at GJ. GJ actually heard him and turned around made a few gestures and then just shook his head at the bloke who promptly sat back down. Don't know if anyone else saw this but I thought it was hilarious.

that is true...........all it way anyway was a misplaced pass,hardly worth his poxy little outburst

it might actually have been 1-1......

Archived