IGNORED

Brook's Back, Mountain Climbed, But We 'roeder' Luck!

Blagdon red

Cheers BB.

Despite the disjointed nature of the game do you think that the buzz from the last minute winning goal (and result), combined with the squad having 7 days to settle will prove enough to give us a good chance a Southampton?

With only 1 win in 13 league games and having shipped 6 goals in the last 6 games without reply it looks pretty bleak for the Saints IMO, although they are uneaten in their last three home matches.

Cheers BB.

Despite the disjointed nature of the game do you think that the buzz from the last minute winning goal (and result), combined with the squad having 7 days to settle will prove enough to give us a good chance a Southampton?

With only 1 win in 13 league games and having shipped 6 goals in the last 6 games without reply it looks pretty bleak for the Saints IMO, although they are uneaten in their last three home matches.

The danger is we get our big heads on and think we've cracked it-Then we'll fail!

We can win, no doubt, however, anyone that thinks it's easy or a done deal is deluded and it would be great to see three points AND a performance ala our second half at Charlton....just with more goals.

The danger is we get our big heads on and think we've cracked it-Then we'll fail!

We can win, no doubt, however, anyone that thinks it's easy or a done deal is deluded and it would be great to see three points AND a performance ala our second half at Charlton....just with more goals.

Simply a SUPERB post.

Nice one fellow :winner_third_h4h:

good work BB, don't always agree but spot on.

I would like to see Brooks and Dele but I think GJ might really have had enough of trying 4-4-2.

Start the same as yesterday vs the saints but with Carle in the hole.

Thanks for that and no problem with anyone disageeing, that's kind of the point of this Forum and I'm all for debate as long as we all stick to the football!

Noble & Carle are a bit of an enigma and I've suggested in anther thread that McIndoe goes in that free role, off the loan striker with Carle on the left of our midfield-McIndoe's a good player but this wandering romany act, doesn't always work and it opened us up to counter attacks on a few occassions yesterday.If the right winger joins in, then we finish up with no width on occassions and three centre forwards waiting for a cross from our wingers........who ain't there!

Thanks for that and no problem with anyone disageeing, that's kind of the point of this Forum and I'm all for debate as long as we all stick to the football!

Noble & Carle are a bit of an enigma and I've suggested in anther thread that McIndoe goes in that free role, off the loan striker with Carle on the left of our midfield-McIndoe's a good player but this wandering romany act, doesn't always work and it opened us up to counter attacks on a few occassions yesterday.If the right winger joins in, then we finish up with no width on occassions and three centre forwards waiting for a cross from our wingers........who ain't there!

Iv'e got to believe that Mcindoe is under orders to drift in , otherwise GJ and Millen would be screaming at him. :D

As you say it exposed Mcallister time after time and gives us no width when we want to switch play. The only reason i would

have Carle in for Nobes is his workrate , i don't think its the time for Nobles style of play ( lose ball - jog on) same goes for

Ivan who hardly seems able to play football at times but boy does he work hard!

I think we know what keeper and back four GJ will pick to see us throught the last 5 now, but apart from Adebola up front and McIndoe somewhere in the mix, all the other positions are pretty much up for grabs.

Clearly if LJ is fit he'll start, Skuse certainly deserves another outing on yesterday's form and Brooker is ideal either as Adebola's partner or as a like for like swap.

Seems to me that who GJ chooses to play right side of midfield from a uninspiring selection is the really tricky one, personally I'd give Wilson a go next, especially as we are away from home, and if Elliott is fit for Southampton and LJ is not, surely that would give us enough solidity to go back to 4-4-2 and also include Brooks?

I think we know what keeper and back four GJ will pick to see us throught the last 5 now, but apart from Adebola up front and McIndoe somewhere in the mix, all the other positions are pretty much up for grabs.

Clearly if LJ is fit he'll start, Skuse certainly deserves another outing on yesterday's form and Brooker is ideal either as Adebola's partner or as a like for like swap.

Seems to me that who GJ chooses to play right side of midfield from a uninspiring selection is the really tricky one, personally I'd give Wilson a go next, especially as we are away from home, and if Elliott is fit for Southampton and LJ is not, surely that would give us enough solidity to go back to 4-4-2 and also include Brooks?

I posted this in another thread

Probably more selection dilema's for GJ than all season.

Our first choice central midfield of LJ & Marv is in doubt with both players carrying knocks/injured, take your pick.

We won playing 4-4-1-1 yesterday however, in truth we were no better than we were against Plymouth & Cardiff in the first half when we lost playing 4-4-2.Noble & Murray came in but were poor.

DE & SB haven't been paired together and are both on form which is unusual for BCFC over the last two or three seasons in itself.

Skuse did well yesterday and Vasko looks to be a forgotten man.

So, what team would you pick and, moreover, what formation against the struggling Saints for who everything on & off the pitch seems t be going a bit pearshaped.We won 2-1 at the Gate in a game in which we dominated the first half, got battered in the second and were lucky to run out with all three points.

Depending on injuries in:

4-4-2

..........BASSO.....

ORR.CAREY............MCCOMBE...MCALLISTER............

WILSON........ELLIOTT..........JOHNSON....MCINDOE....

......BROOKER.......ADEBOLA...........

SUBS

WEALE

MURRAY

BYFIELD

SKUSE

FONTAINE

Left Out:Sproule,Trundle, Carle & Noble (4)

On Loan:JMW, Showunmi,Betsy, Russell, Henderson & Keogh.(6)

If Elliott or Johnson are injured, I'd bring in Skuse and, if Skuse & Elliott play, we might be able to get away with bringing in Sproule and playing with two wingers.Murray & Byfield are two good subs/impact players so they get the nod over Trundle & Carle.

In yesterday's 4-4-1-1

.........BASSO......

WILSON..........CAREY..........MCCOMBE.....MCALLISTER..........

SPROULE........ELLIOTT.........JOHNSON.....CARLE.......

.......MCINDOE....

.......BROOKER....

SUBS

WEALE

ADEBOLA

MURRAY

BYFIELD

SKUSE

McIndoe's a good player but this wandering romany act, doesn't always work and it opened us up to counter attacks on a few occassions yesterday.If the right winger joins in, then we finish up with no width on occassions and three centre forwards waiting for a cross from our wingers........who ain't there!

You make an interesting point, as ever. As I see it MM comes inside precisely because we play 4-4-1-1. This is to prevent the lone striker from being isolated. This paid off on Saturday with MM's header leading to Dele's goal. Presumably the opposite full back is supposed to provide the crosses, as Brad did for the same goal. So to that extent the game plan worked. The price we pay is leaving McAllister exposed, though I thought he coped very well with the threat of Croft in the circumstances.

I don't see MM as an orthodox winger more a left sided midfielder. He is an intelligent all-round footballer and could indeed do a job in the hole as you suggest elsewhere. Shall I ring Gary or will you? :innocent06:

In yesterday's 4-4-1-1

.........BASSO......

WILSON..........CAREY..........MCCOMBE.....MCALLISTER..........

SPROULE........ELLIOTT.........JOHNSON.....CARLE.......

.......MCINDOE....

.......BROOKER....

SUBS

WEALE

ADEBOLA

MURRAY

BYFIELD

SKUSE

Personally, i would agree with this formation and team entirely.

However, i think that Skuse will retain his place as i'm unsure of the extent of Elliott's injury and form. Plus, skuse did very well saturday, and is one of those players that 'has done it before' as GJ is suggesting. I believe that Lee Johnson will be fit, and pivital to our success. The dropping of Orr for Wilson is in my opinion, a necessity. Despite Orr's 110% attitude and 'likability' he isn't performing well with this pressure. Wilson is a more than capable deputy.

Will GJ use McIndoe in this way though? I'm not sure. I also expect Adebola to continue to start, with Brookers role being from the bench. And who am i to question GJ! 4 more wins and he is my hero!!

Good report too, nice to see you're over your Cardiff blip.... :whistle2: :sofa:

Archived