IGNORED

Went To Stevenage Today

Percy Parrot

GrahamB and I went to Stevenage vs Stockport today,

ertainly a warning to us that lower league teams CAN and do beat division 2 outfits. I know Bradford PA are a division below Stevenage but still. First half- Stevenage really deserved to go into the break 2-0. Their movement and ideas going forward were impressive. Stockport didn't look at all threatening.

Second half it was a totally different story as Stockport really went for it. Thanks to some good and at times desperate defending and Lionel Perez Stevenage hung on. Stockport did claw one back, from a penalty- but from open play they couldn't cause a ripple in the Stevenage onion bag- despite bombarding their goal at times.

Still- overall I think Stevenage were good for their win and we should be warned of this. After all we didn't exactly overwhelm Harrogate last season.

Finally a mention of Stockport fans- 2-0 down against a non-league side but still making a lot of noise.

Percy

PS- thanks for the lift GrahamB!

Having gone to Thurrock on Friday and Stevenage yesterday it must be my turn to see the 'giants' win today at Bradford.

Makes you nervous though doesn't it!!

England survived in Brisbane so anything is possible! Safe journey.

Archived