IGNORED

'safe' Parking At Stoke?

kmpowell

suggest you ask on here..http://oatcakefanzine.proboards27.com/index.cgi (original stoke's rivals site, but moved due to all the problems with rivals )

plenty of smart alecs on there of course , but plenty of decent people too,who'll give you a some decent alternatives...

Be aware if you park on the official car parks it can take an age to get off , ( an hour !! ) and you might still be there for our last game of the season.

Park legally , especially avoid parking on grass verges etc, residents parking streets etc ,even though the locals do, it's a big game so a big earner for the traffic wardens, who WILL be out in force 10 minutes after the game starts

suggest you ask on here..http://oatcakefanzine.proboards27.com/index.cgi (original stoke's rivals site, but moved due to all the problems with rivals )

plenty of smart alecs on there of course , but plenty of decent people too,who'll give you a some decent alternatives...

Be aware if you park on the official car parks it can take an age to get off , ( an hour !! ) and you might still be there for our last game of the season.

Park legally , especially avoid parking on grass verges etc, residents parking streets etc ,even though the locals do, it's a big game so a big earner for the traffic wardens, who WILL be out in force 10 minutes after the game starts

link broken

Come off M6 at J15 take the A50 Stoke, take the second exit off the A50 (it is still the A50 signposted Derby but take the first exit off of the slip Road (signposted Campbell Road - Michellin) (you'll see the ground on your right all the way) turn left at the top (traffic lights) to the roundabout, take the second exit off the roundabout (right) and find somewhere to park on the many side streets.

Follow all the home fans walking to the ground, (basically back to the roundabout, over the A50) you'll go along a walkway next to the canal, and it brings you out right next to the away end which is to the right of the ground.

I always walk this way and go to the Britt at least half a dozen times a season. Plenty of away shirts can usually be seen but never any trouble.

Map showing area and Campbell Road - A50

Hi Folks

Genuine Stoke Fan here.

If arriving early you will be able to park at the harvester (£5), holiday inn (£5) or the power league sports place, all of which are by the ground

you will get a drink in the harvester or power league too.

If not either follow the instructions as above, come onto the A50 off the A500, come off at the first exit (for the stadium) but stay in the left hand lane. Turn left at the roundabout, then left at the set of lights and there are a few matchday car parks down there. about 15 - 20 min walk but straight off afterwards

Depending on how many coaches you bring, I think away fans can now also park inside the away enclosure although not too many cars can fit in there (Iwould check on this first though)

Hope you have safe journeys, i hope we beat you, but I hope we are playing each other next year in the Premier League too !!

Last time I parked there we parked in a school car park. Stokes ground is just off a busy dual carriageway so you will have to park offstreet.

I parked in that school and it was snowing as I recall. you then have to walk over the bridge of death across the dual carriageway then onto the ground via a retail park. Happy days!

I parked in that school and it was snowing as I recall. you then have to walk over the bridge of death across the dual carriageway then onto the ground via a retail park. Happy days!

I remember the bridge also remember the Stoke fans taunting us on the way back to the car saying we were worse than the Vale!! I'm definitely not wearing colours to Stoke. I felt very uneasy walking past all the home fans leaving the ground.

TBH that route to the ground is usually fine, it can be boistrous after the game crossing the railway bridge , but not usually agressively so.

Their is a traffic hazzard though walking to the ground , take care crossing the slip road just before the bridge over the A500 .. it's an accident waiting to happen. As you're facing away from traffic coming up behind you who want to use the slip road down to the main road below, coming back after the game isn't as bad, 1) because of the volume of people and 2) because you're facing the oncoming traffic.

And whatever you do if you find yourself off the main walking route DON'T be tempted to try to cross either the A500 or A50 dual carrigeways,other than via a bridge , sadly a young Stokie lost his life trying.

last time i got on the holiday inn car park for nowt.

allways remember my first visit to the britania, pissed me off because i had a spec by the side of the garage at the victoria ground, allways a space and about 50 yards from the away end, anyway, the britania was spanking and the biggest car park you could ever need behind the away end, true to form, it was all change and a nightmare after that.

Archived