IGNORED

Questions For Any Stokies On Here.

Will Rollason

Another link...though again you might need to copy and paste it into your browser

Visiting Stoke

Harvester and power league up by the ground are often given as the best alternatives, not least because they're as close to the ground as you'll find...they're not pubs in the old sense though

Many Stokies are reluctant to suggests pubs , the position of the ground doesn't help and many fans still use pubs they frequented at the old ground, some of which because they're two miles or more from the ground put on transport. ,and for the reasons 'diplomatically ' included on that site..particularly for high profile games...what might be fine for one or two could turn sour if it got filled and messageboards being what they are are read by all sorts...

I suggest you avoid Stoke town centre itself, though there's little there in terms of quality real ale pubs anyway. If stoke suspect a visit from yours the place is likely to be rammed and genuienly isn't the place to stroll around , especially given the circumstances of the game.

Campbell road area as mentioned on another thread is a fair shout for street parking , being midway between Stoke town centre and the new ground...don't confuse Stoke town centre as the city centre ...that's Hanley , though in effect the place is made up of small towns

Though you'll need to pick the streets that aren't resident only...it's a 15-20 minute walk to the ground, follow the crocodile of Stokies...many Stokies use the Gardners Retreat pub in that area a marston's pub ...it's a fans rather than 'lads' pub , and whilst a few Bristol would probably be fine if you all turn up ..the mood could possibly change ...there's also the Plough close to the Gardners, on your right a few 100 yards past the michellin roundabout heading into stoke ( a small roundabout with little mich men as the big wall was the old mich factory ) which might be a better choice , simply cos fewer Stoke use it

Stokies aren't being stand offish or aggressive it's just very hard to recommend a pub

It's safe etc , but on occasions can genuinely take an age to get off...

Use to have a ST on the south car park , but now park in the Campbell road area ..as by the time you've waited to get off the car park you could have walked back to that area...though plenty still park there...six of one and half a dozen of the other......

Though accept the advantage for away fans parking in either the official car park or one of the several car parks on the stadium site Harvester , Hotel , Power league etc is that you're back in the car quicker

These days biggest issue tends to be the chavs gather on the raised ground above the away enclosure , which is a secure fenced areas at the back of the away end , and if the police aren't quick enough to move them off can sometimes chuck stones into the compond :(

I

These days biggest issue tends to be the chavs gather on the raised ground above the away enclosure , which is a secure fenced areas at the back of the away end , and if the police aren't quick enough to move them off can sometimes chuck stones into the compond :(

thats ok mate... i've got a good arm...... :devil:

It's safe etc , but on occasions can genuinely take an age to get off...

Use to have a ST on the south car park , but now park in the Campbell road area ..as by the time you've waited to get off the car park you could have walked back to that area...though plenty still park there...six of one and half a dozen of the other......

Though accept the advantage for away fans parking in either the official car park or one of the several car parks on the stadium site Harvester , Hotel , Power league etc is that you're back in the car quicker

A quick jog towards the fence usually see's them off :bruce_h4h::innocent06:

It will probably be a police decision not to give you the whole end to be honest. I would think you would be situated in the top half of the stand.

Not all other teams have been given the full end as Stoke fans have been in there on a couple of occasions.

I'm quite sure i have tickets in the bottom tier unless thats sheff I'm thinking of?????

mine says south stand lower

thats ok ill take your chaves on all by myself as it looks like just me in the lower :bruce_h4h:

There is no Upper and lower tier it is a single tier stand but away fans are often restricted to the top half of the stand and the bottom half is netted off.

If you have been given 2,800 tickets it sounds as if the stand is being divided top and bottom rather than left and right, in which case there is a chance you will get more tickets if you sell out because there will be no Stokies in there with you. If the stand is divided left to right you will have the left (looked at from the pitch) and the reason you don't have the whole stand is because the right hand side will be sold to Stoke fans.

One way to tell. Does anyone have a ticket for say rows 1-14?

BM

There is no Upper and lower tier it is a single tier stand but away fans are often restricted to the top half of the stand and the bottom half is netted off.

If you have been given 2,800 tickets it sounds as if the stand is being divided top and bottom rather than left and right, in which case there is a chance you will get more tickets if you sell out because there will be no Stokies in there with you. If the stand is divided left to right you will have the left (looked at from the pitch) and the reason you don't have the whole stand is because the right hand side will be sold to Stoke fans.

One way to tell. Does anyone have a ticket for say rows 1-14?

BM

anybody?

I don't believe any tickets have been sold for the bottom sector, we have sold out our allocation though haven't we? Best had as I've been down the Britt today for tickets for friends.n
os says tickets are available. However they don't go on general sale until monday.

Archived