IGNORED

Beam Back - Sheffield Utd

bh_red

Fair Enough that for whatever reason they have decided not to do a Beam Back for the Southampton Game, personally although it is a big game, it's not a VITAL game, so perhaps the club were worried about numbers,

however moving on.

SHEFFIELD UNITED - AWAY

Obviously we don't know yet if anything will be resting on that game, but similar to Millwall last season and being the last away game, it's highly likely that ALOT will be resting on this game, possibly even promotion, hence there will be ALOT more interest in this game at the time.

Wondering if the club could seriously look into the prospect of doing a Beam Back for that one instead

at the Gate would be Good, though went to Whitchurch Sports Centre last year for the Millwall game and it was very good and decent value for money so would be equally good to have it there. (plus it's 5min walk from my house)

Be good if the powers at be (ST or whoever) could approach the club about doing this.

I think it is almost sure to get a large crowd.

views?

Whislt Whitchurch seems appealing I wonder if BCFC could consider doing a beam back for those of us not in the Bristol area.

I think that Weston pier would be most accomodating now they have new owners wanting to make some serious money, plus they have dodgems.

Guest Garfunkle

the main reason for the millwall beamback was because a lot of fans didnt want to go because of the 'bubble' system. there is no reason people who really want to watch the sheff utd game cant just go up there

the main reason for the millwall beamback was because a lot of fans didnt want to go because of the 'bubble' system. there is no reason people who really want to watch the sheff utd game cant just go up there

Millwall wasnt a bubble match last season.

Guest Garfunkle
besides, time, money, work etc.... no....no reason at all! Personally, i won't be going because i simply cannot afford the £50 it'll cost me to see it.

£50 is not a massive amount. 8 hours work at minimum wage??

if someone really wanted to watch the game they could

besides, time, money, work etc.... no....no reason at all! Personally, i won't be going because i simply cannot afford the £50 it'll cost me to see it.

what he said............plus I'm probably on call that weekend.

£50 is not a massive amount.

Really? Should I PM you my address then so you know where to send my tickets? After all....it's not a massive amount, so i'm sure you won't mind helping out a fellow City fan who'd love to see the match but cannot afford to do so!

Guest Garfunkle
Really? Should I PM you my address then so you know where to send my tickets? After all....it's not a massive amount, so i'm sure you won't mind helping out a fellow City fan who'd love to see the match but cannot afford to do so!

can you not fit a maximum of 8 extra hours work in between now and the 26th?

if you really wanted to see the match you would make the time/put the effort in

can you not fit a maximum of 8 extra hours work in between now and the 26th?

if you really wanted to see the match you would make the time/put the effort in

Don't some people realise that not everyone gets paid overtime?

Not everyone gets paid weekly these days either though eh? Still put the shifts in at Maccie d's and I'm sure you can afford it.

Guest Garfunkle
and what if he goes paid monthly?

then he will have the money coming to him and surely a friend or family member would lend him the £50 until he is paid. if not he could do 16 hours overtime and pay them back double.

if he really wanted £50 to go to sheffield united then he could get hold of it. simple as that.

Global credit crunch.

Just about in recession.

Cost of living rising almost daily.

£50 is a lot of money to a lot of people these days, especially if you have a family to support and don't get overtime because your company don't pay it.

then he will have the money coming to him and surely a friend or family member would lend him the £50 until he is paid. if not he could do 16 hours overtime and pay them back double.

if he really wanted £50 to go to sheffield united then he could get hold of it. simple as that.

as someone else has mentioned..........what if his job doesn't enable him to do overtime?

what if no one else in his family can afford to lend him the money? unfortunately some people WON'T BE ABLE TO AFFORD IT such a large trip

and at the key time in the season, with alot resting on the game, it is a senisble suggestion that the club could possible do EXACTLY the same as last season ala the millwall game, beside, with just over 1000 tickets remaining, alot before it's even gone on general sale it could be a case that many people that want tickets won't be able to get them.

Guest Garfunkle
as someone else has mentioned..........what if his job doesn't enable him to do overtime?

what if no one else in his family can afford to lend him the money? unfortunately some people WON'T BE ABLE TO AFFORD IT such a large trip

and at the key time in the season, with alot resting on the game, it is a senisble suggestion that the club could possible do EXACTLY the same as last season ala the millwall game, beside, with just over 1000 tickets remaining, alot before it's even gone on general sale it could be a case that many people that want tickets won't be able to get them.

there are ways of raising £50. if he cannot raise it for a trip that he has been aware of since the fixtures came out in july i would argue that he obviously didnt want it enough.

there are enough tickets available so until they sell out and the next batch sell out there is no reason for a beamback.

there are ways of raising £50. if he cannot raise it for a trip that he has been aware of since the fixtures came out in july i would argue that he obviously didnt want it enough.

there are enough tickets available so until they sell out and the next batch sell out there is no reason for a beamback.

Please tell me you`re a wind up merchant.........i`d hate to believe your life is blinkered to such an extent.

PDG

I actually saved for the Cardiff trip and made that as it's a ground i haven't been to. Unfortunately i'm not in a position any longer due to mortgages and other commitiments to go to many away matches, so have to choose my one a season... And i sure as hell am not going to get into a pathetic "obviously not as big a fan as I am" style debate with someone who has no clue as to my circumstances.

As others have suggested, I do get paid monthly, my company do not pay overtime, and my family don't have the means to fund it. Maybe if you'd like to come down off your high horse, you can see what's going on in the real world!

In the meantime....let's get on with supporting the club in whatever way we can.

Guest Garfunkle
I actually saved for the Cardiff trip and made that as it's a ground i haven't been to. Unfortunately i'm not in a position any longer due to mortgages and other commitiments to go to many away matches, so have to choose my one a season... And i sure as hell am not going to get into a pathetic "obviously not as big a fan as I am" style debate with someone who has no clue as to my circumstances.

As others have suggested, I do get paid monthly, my company do not pay overtime, and my family don't have the means to fund it. Maybe if you'd like to come down off your high horse, you can see what's going on in the real world!

In the meantime....let's get on with supporting the club in whatever way we can.

when have i ever implied that your not aproper fan etc.

there should only be a beamback if there is enough demand. at the moment sheff utd have given us 3000 tickets and may give us more. the [oint i am making is taht you have known about this fixture for 9 months and if you were that desperate to go you would have saved the money.

Guest Garfunkle
Please tell me you`re a wind up merchant.........i`d hate to believe your life is blinkered to such an extent.

PDG

no I'm not a wind up merchant. i just believe that if you want something you should make provisions to pay for it.

if you book a holiday you save up, you don't rely on finding travellers cheques.

if you want to watch city play sheffield utd you save, you don't rely on the club providing a beamback when there are enough tickets available

no I'm not a wind up merchant. i just believe that if you want something you should make provisions to pay for it.

if you book a holiday you save up, you don't rely on finding travellers cheques.

if you want to watch city play sheffield utd you save, you don't rely on the club providing a beamback when there are enough tickets available

the whole point is though, that with only around 1000 tickets left, and City stating we are unlikely to get anymore, despite the demand for them.

it will be a good thing, if as expected it's a sell out for away fans

Between us getting the right result at southampton, and tickets for sheffield going on general sale on monday, I'd imagine it will sell out VERY quickly.

according to the website, it doesn't seem we are getting any more ticket for whatever reason.

if that is the case, then a beamback is a very good idea for those who can't get tickets or are unable to travel (for whatever reason)

Guest Garfunkle
the whole point is though, that with only around 1000 tickets left, and City stating we are unlikely to get anymore, despite the demand for them.

it will be a good thing, if as expected it's a sell out for away fans

if that is the case then i will be all for them beaming it back.

however, i don't think the club should be asked to do it until this is the case

It wasn't a bubble match, Just most chose to go by coach cos it's Millwall. And the main reason for the beam back was because we could have got promotion there and the tickets sold out and Millwall wouldn't open the bottom tier.

Archived