IGNORED

Bristol City Lose 40 Points

downendcity

Bristol City Chairman , Steve Lansdown, has voluntary conceded 40 points, meaning that the club go from top of the table to bottom.

Lansdown said that he was an honest man, and the club were an honest club, and this seemed to only right and fair decision. Lansdown feels the points concession is the least he can do as he has to agree with the overwhelming groundswell of opinion from fans of more famous and long established Championship clubs who feel that City's acheivements this season are unfair, purely down to luck and not at all deserved.

Commenting on the likely relegation that will result , Lansdown said, "we have to accept that this is the right thing to do, and we must learn our rightful place in football and doing what we have done this season is not the correct way to behave in your first season after promotion. I can only apologise to the Chairmen, Managers and fans of the other championship clubs for all the embarassement we have caused "

The points penalty will be made before midday today so City will be bottom of the table at 12.01. Seems fair to me.

Bristol City Chairman , Steve Lansdown, has voluntary conceded 40 points, meaning that the club go from top of the table to bottom.

Lansdown said that he was an honest man, and the club were an honest club, and this seemed to only right and fair decision. Lansdown feels the points concession is the least he can do as he has to agree with the overwhelming groundswell of opinion from fans of more famous and long established Championship clubs who feel that City's acheivements this season are unfair, purely down to luck and not at all deserved.

Commenting on the likely relegation that will result , Lansdown said, "we have to accept that this is the right thing to do, and we must learn our rightful place in football and doing what we have done this season is not the correct way to behave in your first season after promotion. I can only apologise to the Chairmen, Managers and fans of the other championship clubs for all the embarassement we have caused "

The points penalty will be made before midday today so City will be bottom of the table at 12.01. Seems fair to me.

:noexpression:

Fair play to you mate - :clapping: - you've summed up a lot of sentiment there. Post of the day for me! Although I think you forgot the middle finger icon in the general direction of all the other Championship clubs and fans who think a 25,000 all seater stadium and 3 years in this league has earned them a right to promotion.

Fair play to you mate - :clapping: - you've summed up a lot of sentiment there. Post of the day for me! Although I think you forgot the middle finger icon in the general direction of all the other Championship clubs and fans who think a 25,000 all seater stadium and 3 years in this league has earned them a right to promotion.[/qu :goingup:

Please can someone get this post on every other championship clubs forums ASAP. Suuuuuuuperb ! Oh, and stick it on the Notts Forest one too... :clapping:

Brilliant post - but don't EVER, EVER, EVER, post a topic like that again - I almost had a heart attack/stroke & resigned from my job in order to spend the rest of the week down the pub before I opened the entire post....

Brilliant post - but don't EVER, EVER, EVER, post a topic like that again - I almost had a heart attack/stroke & resigned from my job in order to spend the rest of the week down the pub before I opened the entire post....

Sorry about that CB. I thought that posting this on 1 April might just mean that fellow posters might just work out the April Fool before opening the post, thereby avoiding the risk of heart attacks , as I know how fragile most of our tickers are at the moment.

I honestly don't think this goes far enough and as Mike 'Pig' parry says on talk**** radio, Bristol City does'nt have a right to exist and should merge with Bristol Rovers or something...

:noexpression:

No way, Porky would never use as few words as that!

He says that?

If that's true, he's a bit of a mmmm.gif

Just a bit of one you think?

You can sometimes tell just by the inflection in Andy Townsend's voice that he ( AT) cannot believe some of the contentious rubbish Porky comes out with.

Parry talks out of his ar5e most of the time, and he's got one hell of a big ar5e to talk out of as well!

People complain about other club's attitudes to us as a "small club" now in the championship.

How quickly they forget how we had an almost identical attitude to even smaller teams coming up from league 2 who darred to compete with us the "big club" in league 1. You can see how it can be painful for these teams who have been dreaming of the Premier League for a long time (just as we were dreaming of the championship) only to see us come in and get in their way having been content with mere survival at the start of the season.

I'm just as pleased at anyone that we're now one of the clubs on the up, instead of being stuck continuously trying to escape a certain league, but some fans should look at their own past attitudes to teams who did the same to our club before criticising others!!!

Archived