IGNORED

East End Seating

Red Ferret

Just got my tickets in the EE for the Preston game

First time I have been in there for a loooooooong time as I'm usually a Dolmanite, but fancied being in the spiritual end for the final game

When I bought my tickets online it gave me a seat number where to sit - I thought the East End was unreserved seating or am I wrong?

Apologies for a question thats probably been answered many times over :englandsmile4wf:

yes its unreserved. But i suspect, we'll have the other end of the EE like we did against rotherham last season.
I wouldn't be so sure that we would get that end. Preston have been allocated up to 2000. Rotherham must have only brought about 500 surely so it made sense to switch sides.

I wouldn't be so sure that we would get that end. Preston have been allocated up to 2000. Rotherham must have only brought about 500 surely so it made sense to switch sides.

I suppose, but whoever has more, would have the williams end of the ee, you would of thought?

Not quite right mate. East End is unreserved in Blocks G and H... The rest is 'fixed'. Not quite sure how the numbers work out though...

Nope. The entire East End is unreserved. The only reason a seat number will appear on your ticket is for administrative purposes (so they know how many seats they've sold). Stand where you want and (hopefully) enjoy the party!

they don't need to make their mind up really until closer to the time, HOWEVER, personally speaking which ever team has the most fans in that stand should get the Williams side of it, due to better entrace/exit and better facilities.

however that said, having that many Preston fans that close to the dolman fans, might not be a sensible move as their isn't too much seperating the stands

if the club can put up 8ft palisade fencing between city fans in the eastend and city fans in the dolman

why can't they put it up between away fans and city fans in the eastend? - at least we could then get rid of these silly ticketing restrictions in the eastend

also why didn't the club allow city fans to transfer their season tickets to the eastend?

or sell those mini-season tickets like they did last year?

European thick plastic see through bullet proof style? Then people could run at it all day and wouldnt get anywhere, make it 12ft tall, drape some netting from the roof to the top of the fence.

Then you could have seats each side without any problems, people wouldnt be able to get anywhere.

Might also be a good idea to replace the fence between the williams and east end with this european fence, it works over there without any problems.

3 probably 4 games, where the little white wall and the little gate was, they have shoved a gate on the gate and put a fence on the wall. Probably 6+ feet now, maybe they are thinking of putting away fans there next season if sales of east end season tickets are good?

makes sense, though depends upon what division we are in next season, if we are in the prem, every week will sell at, so it can just be a fixed fence, as in theory will we be giving away teams the minimum required amount of tickets.

stay down, something similar but that can be moved between a couple of block, but is still secured in place on matchdays.

makes sense, though depends upon what division we are in next season, if we are in the prem, every week will sell at, so it can just be a fixed fence, as in theory will we be giving away teams the minimum required amount of tickets.

stay down, something similar but that can be moved between a couple of block, but is still secured in place on matchdays.

I think the real reason is it cuts down on the stewarding to stop people getting into the East End from the Dolman as Stewards check tickets of all going back into the stand at half time.

The thing is, from now on we are only going to give 2,000 tickets top to any away team. Why not just build a fence, not a normal fence the plastic seethrough fence.

Noone would be able to climb it, scale it, get through it, throw things through it. We know how many tickets we are going to be giving people from now on, why not just fix the problem now.

The thing is, from now on we are only going to give 2,000 tickets top to any away team. Why not just build a fence, not a normal fence the plastic seethrough fence.

Noone would be able to climb it, scale it, get through it, throw things through it. We know how many tickets we are going to be giving people from now on, why not just fix the problem now.

The club don't actually know how many will be sold in future because the away allocations have altered this season 2000 -2800. It could have still been done.

not if we stay down I don't think.

chances are if we stay down, we will go back to around 15k most weeks, with attedances going up and down generally depending on away fans at the game, if we stay down it doesn't really make sense having a static fencing,

i.e - if it is a midweek game, we are struggling in the league and we only have the ST holders in the East End, say 1000, what's the point in restricting away fans to 2000? might as well have a fencing that is moveable and let 3000 in for example? rather than just having empty seats.

not if we stay down I don't think.

chances are if we stay down, we will go back to around 15k most weeks, with attedances going up and down generally depending on away fans at the game, if we stay down it doesn't really make sense having a static fencing,

i.e - if it is a midweek game, we are struggling in the league and we only have the ST holders in the East End, say 1000, what's the point in restricting away fans to 2000? might as well have a fencing that is moveable and let 3000 in for example? rather than just having empty seats.

It can still be done as this season allocations of seating have constantly altered in the East End anyway. The club have taken a very flexible approach and moved both home and away fans back and forth. A fence would cut down on the amount of segregation used which on occassions is a thousand seats plus. Fans on occassions could then still move either side of any fence like they did in years gone past in the Park End

It can still be done as this season allocations of seating have constantly altered in the East End anyway. The club have taken a very flexible approach and moved both home and away fans back and forth. A fence would cut down on the amount of segregation used which on occassions is a thousand seats plus. Fans on occassions could then still move either side of any fence like they did in years gone past in the Park End

agreed, the covering situation isn't any good at all, if they have a proper fence they can seriously reduce the amount of seating taken up by segregation.

never know, might even get 20k again before we leave the gate

agreed, the covering situation isn't any good at all, if they have a proper fence they can seriously reduce the amount of seating taken up by segregation.

fencing (palisade or perspex screening) is much more safer than a line of stewards and cheaper than a line of policemen

love to see 20000+ gates again before we go, we only need 20500 to beat Portsmouth and not be the lowest in the PL (TOUCH WOOD!)

Archived