IGNORED

Wiki Warfare!

boadle

never seen that website before, however just did a search on Bristol Rovers, results as follows

There is no page titled "bristol rovers". You can create this page.

the closest results it could find were

Football hooliganism (13,683 bytes)

Greys Athletic F.C. (6,763 bytes)

Patrick Kielty (3,253 bytes)

so basically.......no one has ever heard of Bristol Rovers........nuff said really

overall though, it's quite funny site

I just added my bit. Before it gets deleted by the Humour Police, it currently states:

Their home the memorial shed has been known to go below freezing temperatures due to having to live in the shadow of their local rivals.

They are called Rovers as they move around the south-west of England on average every 6 years. They are also nicknamed the hobos (which ironically and somewhat hilariously sounds a bit like Homos). They officially are of no fixed abode.

80% of their players are clinically obese.

One season towards the end of the 1990's, they couldnt afford shirts so they wore Tesco carrier bags instead. Given the combination of their money worries and the governments new tax on Carrier bags, it is feared that unless they can get a new sponsor, they will have to "go skins" next season.

umm wtf its gone, there was some classic info on there!

Haha if you click under the discussion tab some (clearly upset )sag wrote this..

Best of luck with this article. Bet you are a City fan. Hehe... It's going to need a WHOLE LOT more work than this though to save it from deletion by the admins. I hope you are up to it... {{User:MrN9000/sig}} <small><small>22:21, Apr 2</small></small>

Whata tool, i can imagine the sad bastard checking it every hour to see if theres any 'anomalies' to report to his admin bum-chums, christ what a dumbass sagger.

like this?

The team was formed in 1833 (roughly half-past-six) by the Nigerian son of a Persian potentate, Ahmed Awupsi. In his honour the team was named the Black Arabs, but swiftly changed as that monicker implied that the team actually had some money to speak of. Officially named Bristol Rovers due to a lop-sided sponsorship deal with Land Rover (possibly involving Geoff Dunford's rumoured posession of an incriminating photograph of Land Rover's chairman and a donkey), when Eastville Stadium was sold to Ikea FC - then involved with the furniture business as a side project - they were relocated to the outskirts of Bath, found new sponsorship along the same historical trait and renamed themselves Twerton Skodas FC. They would come to need sponsorships from motor and/or bicycle companies as frequent raids on the trophy room were proving too costly in blue-and-white carpets.

The term gashead originated from eastville gas works next to the Rovers ground, much of this gas was pumped to a foundry in bristol making castings for blmc motor group, after years of under achievement the name of the company was changed many times, bmc, lex, british leyland, Rover group, but unfortunately by retaining the name Rover all these companies were destined to fail. In a last desperate attempt to save the name Rover it was sold to the highly efficient german car maker BMW, but after years of struggle and lost revenue bmw decided that the name rover was never going to be a winner and placed the company into liquidation, a few examples of this now obsolete failure can still be seen running around but much to the detriment of the environment due to the obnoxious gasses spewed out by this dinosaur, lack of support from the general public towards this heavy underachiever was also a major contributing factor for the demise of the name Rover, perhaps the saddest point in all the history of Rover is that a small amount of supporters that used to watch football at eastville have succumbed to brain damage caused by the fumes from the gas works and carbon dioxide from the m32 motorway which graced one end of the stadium, i would hope that this information would sound warning bells to anyone thinking about investing in anything associated with the name rover as i fear there can be only be one outcome FAILURE !

The term gashead originated from eastville gas works next to the Rovers ground, much of this gas was pumped to a foundry in bristol making castings for blmc motor group, after years of under achievement the name of the company was changed many times, bmc, lex, british leyland, Rover group, but unfortunately by retaining the name Rover all these companies were destined to fail. In a last desperate attempt to save the name Rover it was sold to the highly efficient german car maker BMW, but after years of struggle and lost revenue bmw decided that the name rover was never going to be a winner and placed the company into liquidation, a few examples of this now obsolete failure can still be seen running around but much to the detriment of the environment due to the obnoxious gasses spewed out by this dinosaur, lack of support from the general public towards this heavy underachiever was also a major contributing factor for the demise of the name Rover, perhaps the saddest point in all the history of Rover is that a small amount of supporters that used to watch football at eastville have succumbed to brain damage caused by the fumes from the gas works and carbon dioxide from the m32 motorway which graced one end of the stadium, i would hope that this information would sound warning bells to anyone thinking about investing in anything associated with the name rover as i fear there can be only be one outcome FAILURE !

Like it :clap:

Archived