IGNORED

The I Need A Preston Ticket Thread

bringbacktherobin

If anyone has got two spare tickets for the preston game and are selling them could you give me a message please

I wasn't able to get to the ticket office due to being at 6th form which i was doing my mock exams for my a levels.

I was planning to get these tickets when i buy my stoke tickets on monday but i didnt realise it would sell out so fast.

cheers

Sod it, I wasn't going to beg but I am now!

I couldn't get a ticket yesterday due work (had to go to Cardiff :-( )etc. Then after a phone call to a mate I find out that a bloke in work has got one and its the only game he'll be going to this season, bloody glory hunter!

Sooooooooo if anyone has preferably two tickets but one would be amazing then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE message me.

If not for me then think of the joy it would bring my wife and daughter to know that their husband and father would be able to see his beloved Bristol City gain promotion to the promised land after so long. Its something I could tell my grand kids about.

Too much?(!) PLEASE, just two tickets (or like I say one if its all you can spare).

Sod it, I wasn't going to beg but I am now!

I couldn't get a ticket yesterday due work (had to go to Cardiff :-( )etc. Then after a phone call to a mate I find out that a bloke in work has got one and its the only game he'll be going to this season, bloody glory hunter!

Sorry to hear that. Ive got a number of firends who go regularly (I'm talking 18/19 home games and 5/6 away) and have missed out, where as another friend has got a ticket....yet he has been to TWO games this season, QPR at home :noexpression: and Boro in the Cup

I don't begrudge him getting a ticket, but cant help but think its a bit of a c**k up.

Date line 6 July 2008:

I want to get my begging email in in plenty of time.

Has anyone got a spare ticket for the home game against Arsenal on 13 December. I can't get back to Bristol because of work comittments, the phone lines have been permanently engaged since the Preston game and the online booking facility crashed in May and hasn't been restored since.

The game is already sold out because of all the tickets sold to new City fans who have to ask the ticket office for the Ashton Gate post code so they can programme it into their sat navs and find the ground on match day!

I've tried a corporate ticket but all of these were sold for every homematch well before the season started but I don't know what sort of people would be doing that?

P.S. Is it too early to beg for tickets to the last home match against Blackburn that could decide whether we get a champions league spot or just the EUFA Cup?

Right, I don't want to beg, but I am absolutely gutted about not being able to get any Preston tickets yet.. IF anyone does have two spare one's then PLEASE pm me!!!!!!!

I cannot imagine being at home on the 4th May and City getting promotion! My wife would probably kick me out, either that or I will get locked up in an asylum. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

Right, I don't want to beg, but I am absolutely gutted about not being able to get any Preston tickets yet.. IF anyone does have two spare one's then PLEASE pm me!!!!!!!

I cannot imagine being at home on the 4th May and City getting promotion! My wife would probably kick me out, either that or I will get locked up in an asylum. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

how desperate, try getting tickets in the preston end??

or pay me £2000 for my season ticket book??

The ex works on trains and yesterday she was speaking with Justin Lee Colins who was on his way up the smoke and even he was moaning that he couldn't get a ticket for the final game

He also mentioned that he was dissapointed he couldnt get to more games this season but work for him over last 12 months has just gone crazy

He did say that if we do get to the prem then he would make an effort to be at every game

The ex works on trains and yesterday she was speaking with Justin Lee Colins who was on his way up the smoke and even he was moaning that he couldn't get a ticket for the final game

He also mentioned that he was dissapointed he couldnt get to more games this season but work for him over last 12 months has just gone crazy

He did say that if we do get to the prem then he would make an effort to be at every game

I'd give mine to JLC. Think the club should anyway - he's a legend

Date line 6 July 2008:

I want to get my begging email in in plenty of time.

Has anyone got a spare ticket for the home game against Arsenal on 13 December. I can't get back to Bristol because of work comittments, the phone lines have been permanently engaged since the Preston game and the online booking facility crashed in May and hasn't been restored since.

The game is already sold out because of all the tickets sold to new City fans who have to ask the ticket office for the Ashton Gate post code so they can programme it into their sat navs and find the ground on match day!

I've tried a corporate ticket but all of these were sold for every homematch well before the season started but I don't know what sort of people would be doing that?

P.S. Is it too early to beg for tickets to the last home match against Blackburn that could decide whether we get a champions league spot or just the EUFA Cup?

I laughed. And then I shuddered at the very real prospect that the scenario of which you speak may come true ...

I guess if we go up this will be a major topic on this forum for the whole summer...

Why should he get a ticket? Typical aswell, whoopdedoo hes going to come to every game when were doing well. Why not come when were shit if he likes us that much.

He's a famous comedian, works all around the country, how could he go to every game?? And if he is a city fan then it would be fantastic to have him linked to the club, GOOD TIMES

Why should he get a ticket? Typical aswell, whoopdedoo hes going to come to every game when were doing well. Why not come when were shit if he likes us that much.
I was thinking the same and i wouldnt be happy next season if i missed out on a game because of someone like that.

He's a famous comedian, works all around the country, how could he go to every game?? And if he is a city fan then it would be fantastic to have him linked to the club, GOOD TIMES

But, if tickets went to every celebrity it would be fantastic to have linked to the club just because they want to see us only when we are sucessful, how many honest and loyal fans would miss out? BAD TIMES

But, if tickets went to every celebrity it would be fantastic to have linked to the club just because they want to see us only when we are sucessful, how many honest and loyal fans would miss out? BAD TIMES

Surely he hasnt been to the City games because of WORK commitments?? no different to if me or you had to work Saturdays is it?

I'm more bothered about the people who do havent been going all season for crap reasons like "bad weather" or "had to go shopping" etc

I just hope all those people who paid a lot of money to see games like Barnsley, 3 days before xmas, or travelled to Scunny on a minging Tuesday night....got tickets

I was thinking in the directors box... no normal fan would miss out??!!

Here's an idea. The gates are normally opened with ten minutes to go(just ask the Dullman leavers) If you can't get a ticket, go for a few beers and go to the gate at 3:35. It may not be the whole match, but ten minutes and the promotion party. Just a thought.

I would like a ticket so I can auction it off on this site and have enough dough to have a good night out. If someone could send me 2x tickets, even better, as I could then also get a kebab and a taxi as well.

In the case of Bristol City, that would by my reckoning be either nine or ten tickets per game, depending on whether you count John Cleese, which personally

I'm not entitled to.

I can't believe people are getting worked up about this...

Mind you, I DO have my Preston ticket I suppose.

Thankfully I'm a ST holder but was getting tickets for stoke and sheff utd on Monday, there was a guy just in front of me buying preston tickets being shown layout of the gate and being advised which areas were quite rowdy. Ok it's all well and good filling the ground but it does annoy me when regulars like a few of you leaving messages on here miss out because of glory hunters, will be intreresting to see how many need to be shown where to go.

Thankfully I'm a ST holder but was getting tickets for stoke and sheff utd on Monday, there was a guy just in front of me buying preston tickets being shown layout of the gate and being advised which areas were quite rowdy. Ok it's all well and good filling the ground but it does annoy me when regulars like a few of you leaving messages on here miss out because of glory hunters, will be intreresting to see how many need to be shown where to go.

Doesn't want to spill his prawn and sandwich with a nice flask of tea obviously

I feel gutted for every one who has supported the club with their hard earned cash all season home and away and cant get tickets. I had the same problem with Southampton so had to go corporate in hospitality costing £200. Which trust me when you are married with 6 kids causes a few issues at home! But have to be there.

I am also now patting myself on the back for renewing next years season tickets for me and the boy already. I can imagine the scenes all summer and it aint pretty!

There has to be a way of dealing with these problems by way of stating at the start of every year that POTD fans should keep all stubs regardless of the game from day 1 of the season and those with a certain amount recieve priority over those that have not. Is it that easy? Or am I missing something?

As I said gutted for all the fellows on here who could not get tickets! But as Adriano says 'Always Believe'

:goingup:

I feel gutted for every one who has supported the club with their hard earned cash all season home and away and cant get tickets. I had the same problem with Southampton so had to go corporate in hospitality costing £200. Which trust me when you are married with 6 kids causes a few issues at home! But have to be there.

I am also now patting myself on the back for renewing next years season tickets for me and the boy already. I can imagine the scenes all summer and it aint pretty!

There has to be a way of dealing with these problems by way of stating at the start of every year that POTD fans should keep all stubs regardless of the game from day 1 of the season and those with a certain amount recieve priority over those that have not. Is it that easy? Or am I missing something?

As I said gutted for all the fellows on here who could not get tickets! But as Adriano says 'Always Believe'

:goingup:

You got a swimming pool, you can afford it...

:innocent06:

You got a swimming pool, you can afford it...

:innocent06:

Yeh 16ft easy up jobbie from Argos :whistle2: 60 quid and hours of fun in the summer.

Seriously, I am getting major aggro from her ladyship with regards to money for football. I am by no means rich or well off. But I can fully understand why some people cant afford it. I got away with the Southampton game by telling her I promised the ginger boy and could not let him down.

Little does she know I have promised Sheff Utd as well .......Yet! :whistle2:

I';d also like a ticket if anyone has one spare to sell :sign09: I thought I had a ticket when booking online yesterday at 9.20am, paid by card( or so I thought) but when found out last night that had no confirmation, checked with the ticket office this morning to find that there was no booking and no ticket cos all sold out!! Realise chances are slim but am going to believe. :Believe:

never heard of him :disapointed2se:

ps. anyone wanna swop 2 East End tickets, for PNE game,

for a pair together in another part of the ground? PM me

I've spoken to Justin Lee Collins many times, and he has never mentioned being a City fan - despite the fact that I am currently obsessed with whats happening at AG and find it difficult to converse on any other subject before somehow bringing the conversation round to City again (seriously - its getting embarrassing!). If he's yearning for a bit more city action he could always put in an appearance on OTIB and offer up some insightful analysis of the way we're playing, or what GJ might do with his team selections over the next few games.

Fair play to Tony Robinson (Baldrick) - he's a real city fan - makes no fuss about it - and has deffo been seen regularly walking the dolman even in the darkest of days over the last 10 years or so (probably a lot more). :clapping:

Archived