IGNORED

Chris Kamara

BS3_RED

In this weeks issue of Nuts, Chris Kamara does the pundit thing about what the chances are of us and the other promotion contenders going up. The muppet calls us a league 1 side and rates us with the least chance of making it up. He gives us the same chance as Charlton.

Just goes to show why he didnt make it as a manager.

In this weeks issue of Nuts, Chris Kamara does the pundit thing about what the chances are of us and the other promotion contenders going up. The muppet calls us a league 1 side and rates us with the least chance of making it up. He gives us the same chance as Charlton.

Just goes to show why he didnt make it as a manager.

In fairness to CK, we are pretty mucha league 1 side, its the same players who got us promoted, reading between the lines i think this is a subtle big-up from Mr Kamara.

Also, I don't mind being compared to Charlton...who would have thought of this comparison after the 7-1 drubbing at Swansea not too long ago at all.

As for promotion.....too close to call, we can all speculate but until the final game is over, words don't mean shit unless GJ is speaking them to the lads at 2.50pm.

Guest Eamer
In fairness to CK, we are pretty mucha league 1 side, its the same players who got us promoted

Sorry...? Look at our regular midfield... McIndoe, Elliott, Carle, Sproule... and the Strikers? Adebola, Trundle, Byfield... Hardly the same in those departments. Defence is a different story but not the same team by any means.

Guest WellyCiderHead

thats just his opinion, its great that people still right us off, just means we can quietly go about getting promoted with no pressure at all.

the bloke is still funny as kcuf though,

And super marv!!! :worship2:

Old kamara does normally big us up! have to have a peek at the mag now!!

I was in the Midlands last week for work and one plus point was watching the sports thing they have up there.

I tell you who did give us a bit of a good rating - Don Goodman (the old ragamuffin Wolves man).

Said he thought Wolves will do well to get a point down here as "Bristol City are a very decent team and their manager has got them playing the game in the right fashion."

He's a pretty good pundit actually.

They were talking something about Villa and the question was "when you're a striker for a top team getting ready for cup games how do you prepare Don?"

"I dunno Richard, you'd have to ask someone who was a striker in a top team...."

I get ITV Midlands where I live and to be fair the pundits on there have bigged us up whenever they've mentioned us.

Goodman does talk a lot of sense too, it's a lot better than the HTV version to be honest!

Still, like we've said all season, doesn't matter what anyone thinks - it's the lads on the pitch that count, and they are still doing the business. Seen a Hull fan moaning on BBC 606 message board this morning, apparently they've not had enough credit this season - tell me about it!

Sorry...? Look at our regular midfield... McIndoe, Elliott, Carle, Sproule... and the Strikers? Adebola, Trundle, Byfield... Hardly the same in those departments. Defence is a different story but not the same team by any means.

Five or six first team regulars this season were new signings. It's a much changed side.

OK fair enough, i could argue though that many of them have come from league 1 clubs and many players who got us promoted are still playing first team footy for us.

Basso, carey, Mccombe/fontaine, mccalistar, orr, lee johson -al played for us last season in league one

Adebola, Elliot, Carle, sproule-all wernt playng for us last year, Marvin was in league one however

These are 12 of our first team regulars with Fontaine and mcCombe rotating.

Also last game 9 of our starting players were our team last year with only McIndoe and Adebola not being.

What Kammy actually says it that GJ has galvanised a side of lesser individuals into a great team. He gives us a 60% chance of AUTO promotion, while giving Charlton a 60% chance of reaching the playoffs - not the same thing at all.

He does however still tip WBA and Watford for the top two. When will the pundits realise the Championship does not begin and end with these two sides!

What Kammy actually says it that GJ has galvanised a side of lesser individuals into a great team. He gives us a 60% chance of AUTO promotion, while giving Charlton a 60% chance of reaching the playoffs - not the same thing at all. He does however still tip WBA and Watford for the top two. When will the pundits realise the Championship does not begin and end with these two sides!
So what he is saying is that we don't deserve to be where we are. The fact that he praises Johnson is not the point. don't forget that out of the 5 sides in with a chance of auto, he gives us the least chance. Typical pundit not having a clue.

I was in the Midlands last week for work and one plus point was watching the sports thing they have up there.

I tell you who did give us a bit of a good rating - Don Goodman (the old ragamuffin Wolves man).

Said he thought Wolves will do well to get a point down here as "Bristol City are a very decent team and their manager has got them playing the game in the right fashion."

He's a pretty good pundit actually.

They were talking something about Villa and the question was "when you're a striker for a top team getting ready for cup games how do you prepare Don?"

"I dunno Richard, you'd have to ask someone who was a striker in a top team...."

i,ve been very lucky to have had one or two chats with don goodman and although he was a pain in the backside when he played against us comes across as a fair knowlegable bloke

people going a bit OTT about this. When will people realise that it suits us not to be noted as favorites!! don't complain and get your knickers in a twist, wait til the end of the season, if we are top two then we can rub their noses in it, if we finished 5th we cna say "u were right but we stil did amzing to get play offs!"

Archived