IGNORED

Train To Southampton

Sargent Pepper

As none of my mates managed to get tkts for Saturday i'm left on my jack for the visit to St Marys and rather than going on the very stale CATS coaches i decided to arm my self with a few can's of apple juice and head down on the 1024 train. Who else is on this train and are we all up for a sing song?

As none of my mates managed to get tkts for Saturday i'm left on my jack for the visit to St Marys and rather than going on the very stale CATS coaches i decided to arm my self with a few can's of apple juice and head down on the 1024 train. Who else is on this train and are we all up for a sing song?

I think most people are on the 8:24 or 9:24, I'm on the 8:24.

unless you go with a GWR employee, then it is £5. :D:whistle:

BTW, the 9:24am is the least crowded at the moment, so I have been told.

bcagfc

But how can anyone know? I got open tickets yesterday so we can travel anytime we choose. It will be just pure chance if 200 turn up at 8.24 and the same at 9.24 and then only a handful on later trains, plus all the non football people aswell?

I was quite surprised when I was asked yesterday what time I wanted to travel that I wasn't 'warned' that the trains could be quite crowded due to football fans, as my understanding is that they are only little trains?

• Admin
But how can anyone know? I got open tickets yesterday so we can travel anytime we choose. It will be just pure chance if 200 turn up at 8.24 and the same at 9.24 and then only a handful on later trains, plus all the non football people aswell?

I was quite surprised when I was asked yesterday what time I wanted to travel that I wasn't 'warned' that the trains could be quite crowded due to football fans, as my understanding is that they are only little trains?

Two or three car class 158's most likely, they don't have a buffet facility, so you'll need to take your own supplies, they may well try to strengthen the service, by coupling two 2 car 158's together - thats if they have any spare capacity. The 2 car units have 138 seats, the three car units have 205 seats.

158815_Croome_020807.jpg

When the GWR employee asked the booking office on Tuesday they said the 9:24am was the least crowded as there had been less boookings on that train than any of the others.

Like you said though if people have open ended tickets then ANY train could be crowded.

BCAGFC

It's going to be like the trains in Asia etc where they hang out of the windows and sit on the roofs!!! :o

If you went away with City in the 70's, then that's what it was like - ah those Specials (trains) were the tops - 600/700 City fans all together.

As its normally the two carriage units,I am lead to understand the

8:24 9:24 and 10:24

services bristol are the busiest today for our our run to southampton

So if your up and running and ready to go maybe the 7:24

might be alternative to be squeezed or the 1 hour 40min journey

Scandalous, on the 8.24, surely they will put more on?

Archived