IGNORED

Night Life

Waffleflap

tend to agree with Tin....went there for a stag a couple of years ago....it seems their main central pubs/clubs area is in the middle of their main shopping area.....usual high street chains.

I think there is some sort of harbourside / cinema and bar complex away from the central area that is more popular with the locals

It's shite. One club (Reflex) and a few of the usual bars like Yates, Que Pasa etc. You'll never see such a sleepy town on a night out.

Go Bournemouth if you can, much much better.

So they aint got anywhere like castros then. I bet its the usual 2am curfew.

tend to agree with Tin....went there for a stag a couple of years ago....it seems their main central pubs/clubs area is in the middle of their main shopping area.....usual high street chains.

I think there is some sort of harbourside / cinema and bar complex away from the central area that is more popular with the locals

That's Ocean Village down by the docks and it's nothing to write home about. It's another sleepy place with little going on and is a fair walk from the centre.

I dunno what to say. I lived there for three years and the nightlife's been getting worse and worse, so people who're still down there say. The main clubs (based in Leisureworld) are shut and have been for some time. Another club (Rhino's) burnt down and the only place open is Reflex, which used to be Academy. A few bars like Orange Rooms and Kellys but nothing worth going for a night out down there IMHO.

So they aint got anywhere like castros then. I bet its the usual 2am curfew.

Not unless something's sprung up in recent years. My mate's from Uni down there still refer to it as the 'Backwater' because that's exactly what it is. If you're not in the student loop there's very little to do. Sullen place.

There's a classic late-night drinking den called the Hobbit which is well worth a visit. Spent many many happy nights there. The pubs up the Portswood road aren't bad - the Mitre, Gordon Arms, Richmond Inn and the Bent Brief to name but several. In town, I really like Goblets (which is next to the lapdance club

should we lose and you need your spirits raising. And down the end of the hight street, towards the ferry, there's the Platform for some excellent beer and (old man's) live music.

But if its clubbing you're after, you're pretty much in the wrong town. Although Reflex is quite friendly at least.

There's a classic late-night drinking den called the Hobbit which is well worth a visit. Spent many many happy nights there. The pubs up the Portswood road aren't bad - the Mitre, Gordon Arms, Richmond Inn and the Bent Brief to name but several. In town, I really like Goblets (which is next to the lapdance club

should we lose and you need your spirits raising. And down the end of the hight street, towards the ferry, there's the Platform for some excellent beer and (old man's) live music.

But if its clubbing you're after, you're pretty much in the wrong town. Although Reflex is quite friendly at least.

The best place I'd recommend is Sobar in the Bevois Valley, if you can call it that. They do a decent night on Saturday's.

The stripbar you refer to is Poletrix and it's a cheap and cheerful one.

My mate's still down there are trying to rope me into staying for a night as I refuse to go back since Uni as it was that poor but Sobar is a tempter...

The best place I'd recommend is Sobar in the Bevois Valley, if you can call it that. They do a decent night on Saturday's. The stripbar you refer to is Poletrix and it's a cheap and cheerful one. My mate's still down there are trying to rope me into staying for a night as I refuse to go back since Uni as it was that poor but Sobar is a tempter...

Yeah, I forgot Sobar - good call. Surprised you have bad memories of the place to be honest, but I guess I was working there rather than studying, so its a different experience.

Yeah, I forgot Sobar - good call. Surprised you have bad memories of the place to be honest, but I guess I was working there rather than studying, so its a different experience.

No, on the contrary. I don't have bad memories of the place. I had a good few years down there and made some good friends for life. Just remember the place benig permanently dead, just te point I'm trying to get across.

Still down here and it's been pretty much summed up so far but there are a few other smaller venues.

The Rhino's still about after a refurb, unlikely to let large groups of lads though (where doesn't nowadays). Sobar's a good shout and there a few other pubs along Portswood/Bevoi Valley - Kolebka's quite smart, probably some live music there on sat.

If you're a soul boy (or girl) there's a wicked little 'underground' venue Soul Cellar which is my fave - good beer and atmosphere (obviously depends on your taste though). Good band lined up for sat too btw.

Other 'clubs' are the usual chain rubbish - Flares (70's cheese), Reflex (80's Cheese).

If you're looking for some well preened birds hit the Orange Rooms or Mono bit the queue will be a joke. Afters there's Junk but it is what it is if you ask me.

Ian

Archived