IGNORED

£30m To Spend On Players

Back of the net

BBC website have story advising that City will have at least £30m available for players if we get promoted. Taken from an interview with points west.

Obviously i'd thought we'd invest if we make it, however, not to this extent!

Whilst promotion to the premier league would be unreal, the prospect of doing a Derby isn't the most exciting of prospects. With this sort of funding it would put us in with a more than realistic chance of survival - if spent wisely.

Finishing top is a bit ambitious if you ask me! But that would shake the Premier league up!!

haha - could you imagine City visiting the San Siro as representatives from teh English clubs elite? *DROOLS*

Why not i say, just the small hurdle of securing top flight status....should'nt be too hard, just need to win 5 games..

Bristol will be able to attract a far wider group of footballers than say Middlesboro, Sunderland, Newcastle, all Midlands clubs or, dare i say it....Liverpool and Manchester!!! :w00t: which tbh are up north quite a way.

When we go up, which will happen now, we will be shocked at the quality of player we can attract, take your pick from the Championship and league one! We can raid away into France, Holland, Russia, Italy and Spain, maybe attract the next Anderson or Lucus from Brazil (will have to pay off their agents mind) DAM AGENTS!

We need a full back or two, a 2nd ball centre half, dynimo midfeild general, a pacy winger or two, a set of strikers, oh and cover for Basso, sorted.

my own personal theory is that one of the reasons that we havent done many emergency loan deals is that Pete Johson is too busy scouring the European A & B leagues for summer bargains should we go up.

Nothing to lose is there, if we don't go up its hardly a disaster and no money has been wasted on expensive loans and if we do then we will be nicely prepared and have cash available that we havent spend.

I have a feeling SL and GJ will make better use of "£30m" than some of the other numpties out there.

!! Have just reread the above and find it hard to believe we are having these debates with only 5 games to go. £30million to spend !! I reckon the gas will be playing in their bright green for envy tops all season if we go up..

just watched that interview

hardly an encouraging incentive to the current set of players to get up is it? "get us up lads so we can spend £30m on replacing you all" or does he mean on increased wages?

however:

Twentypence: "would you swap all you have achieved so far to be a professional footballer in this position?"

SL: "..yes I probably would.."

love the passion, I guess that's what drives many other chairmen out there.

just watched that interview

hardly an encouraging incentive to the current set of players to get up is it? "get us up lads so we can spend £30m on replacing you all" or does he mean on increased wages?

however:

Twentypence: "would you swap all you have achieved so far to be a professional footballer in this position?"

SL: "..yes I probably would.."

love the passion, I guess that's what drives many other chairmen out there.

I was thinking that, the old turkey voting for xmas scenario.

I would hope that theyre all ona huge incentive bonus though, should eradicate any doubts

I was thinking that, the old turkey voting for xmas scenario.

I would hope that theyre all ona huge incentive bonus though, should eradicate any doubts

There are not many players who go from lower football to the top with the same club and remain in the team

Its All part of being a proffesional footballer and they understand that

Everyone has their level - we talk about it on here quite often - who can make it and who can't

Any player would soon be off from his club to play at higher level if the right offer came along so a club getting there and unloading is expected & accepted

The Incentive for the players is the £ bonus and the Kudos of being part of a the team at that succesful moment in time,

They know if they are good enough or not to step up likewise they know that if they don't give 100% to get there then no one will be interested in taking them on if they do end up being released

Remember - If you are going to compete at the highest level then you have to think/walk/talk the highest level

No room for sentiment at the top I'm afraid :disapointed2se:

Archived