IGNORED

Southampton V Bristol City - Match Thread

cidercity1987

Spoken a bit too soon? 2-0

Not at all....sounds like he didn't really have a chance.

No disrespect to Southampton though, but if we have serious ambitions of playing top flight football next year, then our keeper should not be MOM against teams like Soton who are battling relegation?

Sounds like a poor performance again, and seems like we once again got what we deserved. I'm so glad the rest of this league has been so weak... We may have lost this one, but we're still in the hunt at least....COME ON LADS....WILL IT!

One loss may take us out of 1st place... then one win can put us back up there. It's so tight at the top that teams are bound to move around places. No team at the top is going to run away with it. Let's just move on, concentrate on Wolves and hope the other clubs can suffer the same nerves as we obviously are!!!!

:city: :Believe: :goingup: :Believe: :city:

With our run-in today was a must-win game tbh, maybe the wheels have come off but can't complain with playoffs :)

I don't think we can complain about the season at all. But, truthfully, I think we are play-off bound and I don't fancy our chances of out-scoring anybody.

Especially not when we start every game with only 1 up front and our top-scorer and our £1M striker can't even get a place on the bench.

I'd like to see 4-4-2 from the start next week with one of Byfield or Trundle on the bench. But, that won't happen, so I can want on.

I don't think we can complain about the season at all. But, truthfully, I think we are play-off bound and I don't fancy our chances of out-scoring anybody.

Especially not when we start every game with only 1 up front and our top-scorer and our £1M striker can't even get a place on the bench.

I'd like to see 4-4-2 from the start next week with one of Byfield or Trundle on the bench. But, that won't happen, so I can want on.

Odd isn't it? Gary says before the game now is the time to be bold then he isn't. :disapointed2se:

just spoke to my brother who was at the game and he said they were beyond awful .i think this performance(lack off) is not gona stand us in good stead 4 our remaining games we havnt played well 4 ages but managed to pinch a few wins ,draws etc but to be honest i cant see us wining any of our remaining games i really cant hope iam wrong fact is team is under performing BIG TIME

This is the first negative response to a post I've written.

To be honest our performances over the past few weeks have been well below par and it seems our luck has finally ran out.

We were extremely fortunate to get 3 points against Norwich last week. This is Southampton's second victory in 14 games and listening to the reports on Sky clearly stated Southampton were by far the better team and thoroughly deserved thier victory today.

We now have a tough run in and to be honest I don't expect see any points gained from Wolves, Stoke and Sheff Utd. We may be lucky to get something from Preston. Our chances of automatic promotion is now over and the best we can hope for is a play off place.

I now await a slating..

Archived