IGNORED

Team For Wolves

cummins17

...Basso

Orr....Carey....McCombe....McAllister

Sproule....Johnson....Elliott....McIndoe

..........Brooker....Trundle

Subs: Weale, Skuse, Carle, Byfield, Adebola

I think Brooker's got to play as he's our only on-form striker and I reckon Trundle playing just off him could work rather than him coming deep all the time.

I have put Adebola on the bench because I think when he's in the team we look for the hoof towards him rather than playing our usual passing game which has got us in this position.

Byfield is always a danger coming off the bench.

Skuse can be used as towards the end of the game if we're winning to keep it tight or if worst comes to worst he can be used as defender.

...Basso

Orr....Carey....McCombe....McAllister

Sproule....Johnson....Elliott....McIndoe

..........Brooker....Byfield

Subs: Weale, Skuse, Carle, Adebola, Fonts

I can't see Trunds being put into the starting eleven considering he has not even been in the squad for the last couple of games

Basso

Orr

Carey

Fontaine

McCallister

Sproule

Johnson

Elliott

Mcindoe

Brooker

Trundle

Subs:

Weale

McCombe

Byfield

Adebola

Carle

We need to take the game to Wolves, not the other way around. As everyone knows we are much more secure when we score first.

Happy with this except Adebola to start with Brooker, no place on the bench for Trundle or Byfield, surprise us all and give a chance to Ribeiro and either Artus or Plummer

Happy with this except Adebola to start with Brooker, no place on the bench for Trundle or Byfield, surprise us all and give a chance to Ribeiro and either Artus or Plummer

I posted another thread about us needing a player to take the game by the scruff of the neck and make things happen. When writing it i thought about young Plummer, although we haven't heard much about him lately.

While it might be high risk having him on the becnh, it would certainly give us something different if we really needed to change a game is he worth a gamble or is he toom much of a show pony?

Unfortunately the youngsters have no chance of playing at this stage. There were many opportunities earlier in the season, but the club has moved on and is longer a club which brings through younger players. Sad but fact.

Unfortunately the youngsters have no chance of playing at this stage. There were many opportunities earlier in the season, but the club has moved on and is longer a club which brings through younger players. Sad but fact.

Unfortunatley this is as I feared and it does raise the question again regarding the academy.

We need to have the academy but at the moment it's either not producing or if they are the kids are not being give a chance.

Having come down for the F.A. Youth cup game v Man City, who incidently are now in the final, it looked to me as if we had several that are ready to be given a taste.

If we do make it this season then these kids will just drift away and end up at the likes of Bath and Forest Green as it would be difficult to blood them in the Prem that would be a shame and you then wonder whats the point of the academy?

Sounds a bit AshtonYate ish I know but with the catchment area we have we should have the absolute cream of the West Country and if thats what we have then we have to look at the coaching.

Be good to hear any views on this as it's something that needs debating

Basso

Orr

Carey

Fontaine

McCallister

Sproule

Johnson

Elliott

Mcindoe

Brooker

Trundle

Subs:

Weale

McCombe

Byfield

Adebola

Carle

We need to take the game to Wolves, not the other way around. As everyone knows we are much more secure when we score first.

I like the starting 11 but not sure that Trundle will be given the nod over Adebola (who i think looks very tired)

As for the subs i would swap Vasko for McCombe simply because i think he offers more versitility and i'm not sure about Carle.

After saturday's woeful display (actually a few bad displays over the past few weeks) i think a few changes ?

Basso

Wilson Carey Fontaine McCallister

Sproule Elliott Johnson McIndoe

Brooker Adelboa

Byfield

Skuse

Vasko

Carle/Murray

Weale

Our defence was shocking saturday so i think orr & mccombe should be dropped. Wilson is a technically better full back and a better passer than orr and nippy Wolves strikers means quicker centre backs than mccombe are needed. The carey/Fontaine partnership was very good at the start of the season

Noble was very poor in the last few games, there is no way he can start again. Same for Murray although having him on the bench could be useful

Vasko is a good option to chuck up front if things aint going well, as is Byfield who is our quickest striker. Brooker has to start and 4-4-2 is needed i think, especially at home

Skuse is a little bit unlucky to be dropped but i think a 2 week rest for Marv should get him back to his best. He may be carrying a bit of a knock but he was on the bench saturday so he can't be that bad

Thats my thoughts anyway.... ??

I agree with that really, I'd go for Carle over Murray since Murray really doesn't look like he's on his game.

Personally, I think the defence and goalkeeper are bankers.

Basso

Orr - Carey - McCombe - Mcallister

That will be the 5 that start - although I would agree that Fontaine is probably a more "intelligent" defender, and may be more equipped for SEB.

The real decision has to go with formation, and I believe it comes down to decisions between Carle and Brooker.

Sproule - Elliot - Johnson - Mcindoe all will start.

4-4-2 - Brooker and Adebola up front.

4-5-1 - Carle in the hole and Adebola up front.

Personally, I see us going 4-5-1.

Personally, I think the defence and goalkeeper are bankers.

Basso

Orr - Carey - McCombe - Mcallister

That will be the 5 that start - although I would agree that Fontaine is probably a more "intelligent" defender, and may be more equipped for SEB.

The real decision has to go with formation, and I believe it comes down to decisions between Carle and Brooker.

Sproule - Elliot - Johnson - Mcindoe all will start.

4-4-2 - Brooker and Adebola up front.

4-5-1 - Carle in the hole and Adebola up front.

Personally, I see us going 4-5-1.

Whatever formation surely Brooker must start.

Don't normally do this, but after the selection and performance over the last 2 games I'd like to see the following

Basso

Wilson Carey Fontaine McAllister

Sproule Elliott Johnson McIndoe

Brooker Trundle

Subs Weale McCombe Adebola, Carle, Byfield.

Reasons.

Orrs been found wanting recently, don't get me wrong he's got guts and will come again but we need the Wilson attacking ooption.

Font's as Wolves are going to be too Mobile for McCombe.

Sproule as Murray is struggling to get into the game at the moment, Sproule when used right has got pace and ability.

Elliott speaks for itself, Skuse has done nothing wrong

Jonhson, We've missed him when he's been out

Brooker must start in place of tired Adebola

Trundle to start as Noble has been underperforming. could have gone for Byfield but he looks better as impact player.

McCombe on the bench just in case Fonts doesn't work and needs changing

Adebola may become more effective if for shorter period

Carle has abilty could change things if needed

Byfield as previously stated.

OK as before don't like doing this. I'm ready to be shot down. :ph34r:

If that many are planning to get in the E/F Williams & home end of Wedlock then the stewards just need to ask any fan not obviously sporting the home colours to repeat this sentence:

I was going to catch the bus into the city but decided to stay in the garden.

If it comes out like

"Oi wuz gooing to gatch the buzz into the sitay boot de soi ded to sty in the garding" then they're rumbled!

:rofl2br: fantastic!

............Basso

Orr Carey Fontaine McCallistair

Sproale Elliot Johnson Mcindoe

.......... Noble

..........Brooker

Subs

Weale

Vasko

Carle

Byfield

Adebola

I know we've struggled as late but for me 4-5-1 is still just about the most effective formation we've got. When we play with the 2 up top we always have the tendancy to go too long ball which doesn't usually work too well.

I've gone with Fontaine at the back ahead of Vasko and McCombe because he's got more pace which will be needed against Wolves lively attack.

Although I hear he's had a couple of ineffective games, Noble for me is still the best we've got at linking up play from midfield to attack.

And for the starting place upfront, i've gone for Brooker the man in form.

Although I hear he's had a couple of ineffective games, Noble for me is still the best we've got at linking up play from midfield to attack.

Ineffective??? Thats like saying the *unacceptable word*'s were slightly mean. Try absolutely awful

Well as Wolves is a must win game you must have players who can win the game. Lose and it will not be automatic promotion in my opinion. Win and there's every chance. So I would go something like this

Basso

Wilson Carey McCombe McCallister

Sproule Elliott Johnson/Carle McIndoe

Brooker Trundle

SUBS: No need for Weale, IT's A MUST WIN GAME

Adebola

Showumni

Byfield

Fontaine

The other of Johnson/Carle

I've left Weale out for the reason suggested. Why do you all put him on the bench simply because GJ has in the past? The odds of using him based on the past are remote to say the least and the is a MUST WIN GAME. The SQUAD for this game must reflect this and anything other than a win is no good!

Archived