IGNORED

Top Of The Coca-cola Championship

Godzilla

Our football club has had it's worst day at the office since coming into the Championship. The only way I can describe it is that we completely imploded today.

We started the day top of the league, off the back of an incredibly important win at home to Norwich; a win which seemed to lift the club just as many seemed to be giving up on automatic promotion.

Today:

On the pitch, we were poor; second best to everything, we didn't look a top of the table side. But that happens.

Off the pitch, our fans didn't rise to the occasion. If you weren't a moaning day-tripper, you might've been one of the pissed-up idiots fighting other City fans, being abusive and aggressive towards police and pushing your way around outside the ground after the game like you owned the place. The only surprise is you didn't boo the team off at the end. What a complete and utter embarrassment.

I'm left in a state of disbelief over the behavior of some of our supporters. Whilst things were going wrong on the pitch, off the pitch the fans had an opportunity to stay together and prove we can be every bit a Premier League club. But did we? No, we did the complete opposite. Some of the fighting in our own end was absolutely bizarre.

I'm not exaggerating either; I've followed this club home and away for about a decade now, and at a time when we're enjoying our best position in years we seem to be shooting ourselves in the foot.

We are in an absolutely amazing position. When we're all pulling in the same direction, as we have over the past 2 seasons, this club is incredibly strong and not much can stop it. I've been so proud to be a City fan this season, not just because of how well the team has played, but because of how the whole club from top to bottom has come together to push towards our ultimate goal.

Today, the club had a bad day.

But please keep believing.

well said and we the fans have to give everything now to keep cheering the boys on to the promise land we owe it to them simple as they have nearly done there part for us but we havent even came close to doing our part for them so from wolves yets get right behind the lads !

Very true words, but the 'wheel has wobbled' if not come off ! If you assess our last half dozen games we have got out of jail a bit.

leicester, 0 - 0 we should have been beaten by a cricket score. Somehow we got away with it.

Watford. 0 - 0 OK not many chances either end, about right

Plymouth and cardiff we never really took the game to either side or showed much 'cleverness' as GJ says

Norwich Outplayed and got out of jail with a win.

Southampton Outplayed and stuffed (just got back)

So for the last four matches we have to change it if we are to grab that automatic spot.

However I keep saying that last August at the kick off, 4th from bottom would be a good end to the season! So no matter what its been great and if we don't make it lets learn and improve, and we still have the play offs !! :rolleyes:

NOW MORE THAN EVER !!!!!

We need to stick together and get behind the side, we've probably overachieved all year but we're in this position on merit

Still 4 games to go and however atrocious today was, we're still in with a big shout

Now aint the time to revert to 4/5 years ago and get on the boys backs and fight amongst ourselfs

WHATEVER happens this next 4 games, this club has come so effing far these past two years

LETS STICK TOGETHER !!!!!!!!!!!!

They may have games in hand, but we have the points, whilst we're still top, we are 4 games from the promised land, I would rather have the points than the games, trust me. Anyone can beat anyone in this league.

Next week we will bounce back, we need to show the country we can do it, I honestly think if we can get 4 or 6 pts from our next two games the momentum will be with us to go up.

I can see two of Watford, West Brom, Stoke and Hull slipping up on their games in hand. They will be starting to count the chickens !!!!

BELIEVE !!!!

But keep believing.

Good post Brendon.

We have to keep believing because our side didn't go top of the Championship by a fluke; we've battled and beaten better sides than Southampton and we'll do it again next week with a greater effort all round.

We have to get behind the team and create a walll of sound to drown out Wolves.

Come on City, we can still achieve automatic promotion - lets go for it. Gary's never stopped taking our team forward and he's not going to let this setback stop him now.

City till I die!

Our football club has had it's worst day at the office since coming into the Championship. The only way I can describe it is that we completely imploded today.

We started the day top of the league, off the back of an incredibly important win at home to Norwich; a win which seemed to lift the club just as many seemed to be giving up on automatic promotion.

Today:

On the pitch, we were poor; second best to everything, we didn't look a top of the table side. But that happens.

Off the pitch, our fans didn't rise to the occasion. If you weren't a moaning day-tripper, you might've been one of the pissed-up idiots fighting other City fans, being abusive and aggressive towards police and pushing your way around outside the ground after the game like you owned the place. The only surprise is you didn't boo the team off at the end. What a complete and utter embarrassment.

I'm left in a state of disbelief over the behavior of some of our supporters. Whilst things were going wrong on the pitch, off the pitch the fans had an opportunity to stay together and prove we can be every bit a Premier League club. But did we? No, we did the complete opposite. Some of the fighting in our own end was absolutely bizarre.

I'm not exaggerating either; I've followed this club home and away for about a decade now, and at a time when we're enjoying our best position in years we seem to be shooting ourselves in the foot.

We are in an absolutely amazing position. When we're all pulling in the same direction, as we have over the past 2 seasons, this club is incredibly strong and not much can stop it. I've been so proud to be a City fan this season, not just because of how well the team has played, but because of how the whole club from top to bottom has come together to push towards our ultimate goal.

Today, the club had a bad day.

But please keep believing.

trouble is there are still fans that will shout **** off johnson.....i want my money back......we're sh*t ...... run fat boy etc etc and then some will see red mist as i have once or twice.

if the moans stopped the trouble won't arise. maybe it wasn't that at all but usually it is.

I'm OK with all of that until one realises that we haven't performed for months in an entire game.

At some point you stop getting away with it-That point was at St Marys yesterday and it should have been 4 or 5 nil.

Gutless, Inept, Woeful, Lacklustre & Jaded.

And those are the good bits.

I'm OK with all of that until one realises that we haven't performed for months in an entire game.

At some point you stop getting away with it-That point was at St Marys yesterday and it should have been 4 or 5 nil.

I wouldn't even be that complimentary!

Yesterday we looked like a League Two side getting hammered by a bigger team in the FA Cup. Premier League? Do me a bloody favour.

You're right. We probably haven't performed at our best since the turn of the year and that performance wasn't exactly out of the blue.

The thing that concerned me most was the way our fans responded to it.

There's now a part of me that's becoming increasingly worried that should we get up this club will end up seriously embarrassed; not on the pitch, but off it.

We just need to start pulling in the same direction again, because, like I say, I genuinely believe we've built something special at this club.

You're right. We probably haven't performed at our best since the turn of the year and that performance wasn't exactly out of the blue.

There's now a part of me that's becoming increasingly worried that should we get up this club will end up seriously embarrassed; not on the pitch, but off it.

We just need to start pulling in the same direction again, because, like I say, I genuinely believe we've built something special at this club.

It was probably out of frustration, it does happen from time to time. They were probably more incensed about how the players looked completely disinterested in the prize at the end of the season, especially when you have cannon fodder lined up against you. Yesterday was a bitterly dissapointing day, the crowd have been right behind the team from day one, yesterdays no-show spilt over onto the very frustrated crowd.

It was probably out of frustration, it does happen from time to time. They were probably more incensed about how the players looked completely disinterested in the prize at the end of the season, especially when you have cannon fodder lined up against you. Yesterday was a bitterly dissapointing day, the crowd have been right behind the team from day one, yesterdays no-show spilt over onto the very frustrated crowd.

But we're top of a league we've just been promoted to.

It's very difficult to 'enjoy' a performance like that, but we should be loving where we are. If fans aren't, then they need to spend their hard-earned money doing something more enjoyable and rewarding with their lives on a Saturday afternoon.

We all get frustrated, but really...

Yesterday some bloke 'supporting' City says 'this is all s**t, I would rather be playing golf'.

5 mins later he says to a person near him, 'whos that in central midfield?'

Well that says it all I thought.

Erm excuse me but all the away tickets were bought by erm 'Season ticket' holders?

Or so I was lead to believe and they didn't make general sale?

UP THE CITY!

WE BELIEVE>>>> DO YOU PLAYERS?

Just last August this forum was full of predictions about finishishing 21st, or about halfway up the league.

Remember how we looked at the numbers, we needed 50 points to avoid relegation, that magic going to be tough 50 points.

Here we are then with not 50 but 70 points and still precariously leading the Championship. It would appear we have over performed by 20 points. The 6th team in the play off position has 60 points and would need to catch up 10 points.

I don't like playoffs, the season is too long already with its league and cups matches, but playoffs in our first season with an inexpensive squad is an excellant return when you consider GJ's first objective was 50 points.

It's very difficult to 'enjoy' a performance like that, but we should be loving where we are. If fans aren't, then they need to spend their hard-earned money doing something more enjoyable and rewarding with their lives on a Saturday afternoon.

I'm not saying I agree with what happened but if you wanted an explanation I have given that, I'm sure they didn't go there with the intention of popping one on our own supporters before he went, probably just went to cheer on his favourite team and the occasion got to him. It's wrong but it happens in life.

Expectation levels have risen since August, poor performances however, will not be tolerated whether we are top or bottom of the league, I am merely giving an explanation of what the likely circumstances were to set the supporters at each other.

Again, I am not saying it's right, but, it was probably out of sheer frustration watching his side capitulate in front of him that turned what started off as a day of promise into a total shitter.

No problem with going up as the expectation level will fall by about 90% from what it will be if we're still in the CCC.

something special has been acheived by getting from the bottom of the third to where we are HOWEVER, as a result of that the expectation level has been raised along with prices, income & attendances, so we can't have it both ways.

Just last August this forum was full of predictions about finishishing 21st, or about halfway up the league.

Not from me, Sir.

Remember how we looked at the numbers, we needed 50 points to avoid relegation, that magic going to be tough 50 points.

Here we are then with not 50 but 70 points and still precariously leading the Championship. It would appear we have over performed by 20 points. The 6th team in the play off position has 60 points and would need to catch up 10 points.

Agreed but it's results as opposed to perormances that have got us their, plus the inability of others.

I don't like playoffs, the season is too long already with its league and cups matches, but playoffs in our first season with an inexpensive squad is an excellant return when you consider GJ's first objective was 50 points.

That we've bettered our minimum fallback position is good yet not an acheivement in itself-More an avoidance of failure.We spent heavily (for us) about £2.5m on Trundle, McIndoe, Sproule & Carle (Only McIndoe started yesterday) and that's poor with LT not even making the squad.That's probably why we're not with Colchester & S****horpe although signings sub £200k like Elliott, Basso, McCombe, Fontaine, LJ, McAllister- even Byfield.

As far as the play offs I've made my position clear.

I think that about sums it up for me too, we should be loving it and I am, albeit with difficulty on Sat, but the over-reaction from some fans is amazing. Not just to the performance but to one another!

and there is still so much more to come. We are still in a wonderful position and I am sure that GJ will get the boys fired up once again come Saturday. Alright the Saints game has come and gone but we still have 4 games to play with an outstanding chance to progress to the next level. So we need to start getting behind the boys more than ever.

Just look back at this forum in July/August we were all happy with staying up, but some fans have now got greedy and want automatic, lets not forget this time last year we were playing League 1 and yet one year on we are close to the Premier League, that to me shows a development by our club. If we don't go up then at least we all know we had a go this season and we have developed and I am sure we will continue to develop next season to.

What the Manager and players have done this year is fantastic and come May 4th whether we be automatic or play offs or even 7th no one can argue that we have not had a terrific season. I was there Saturday and GJ summed it up when he said that was our poorest performance, now that is our manager who is being frank and honest about how we played no excuses just honesty and that is what this team is about honesty and work ethic.

I am sure that GJ knows more than anyone about who will be up for the challenge come this Saturday and I wouldn't be surprised if we went back to the team that settled team we had some months ago.

Basso

Orr

Carey

Fontaine

McCallister

Sproule

Johnson

Elliott

McIndoe

Trundle

Brooker - Just because Adebola has had to work his socks off the last 5 games with very little support and needs a break

You look at that eleven and tell yourself that team does not try it's best for BCFC, they do and on Saturday as fans we have to show our support by fully cheering from Start to Finish as we are in this TOGETHER.

Up the City Boys and what ever the outcome what a great season!!!!

Without a doubt, we have over-achived this season, and WITHOUT a doubt, we have been in a Great Position to secure promtion.

and I have NO PROBLEM whatsoever if we do end up missing out on promtion this season.

However the last 6/7 games have been DREADFUL and yet somehow AMAZINGLY we are still top for now.

as i said, if at the end of the season we do miss out on promotion, I won't have a problem with it IF we have fought all the way to the end and missed out due to inability, bad luck or even bad refereeing decisions.

However when the team are in the current position and then produce performances like that at Southampton.......words lose me and it's hard to have much faith in the remaining games. That said all we can do is support them for the last few games and hope for the best.

Without a doubt though.....I'm no longer optmisitc about going up, as for the last 6/7 games, we haven't produced the performances or even performed with the same commitement level as how we started the season, quite simply right now.....we are bottling it....and it hurts

Without a doubt, we have over-achived this season, and WITHOUT a doubt, we have been in a Great Position to secure promtion.

and I have NO PROBLEM whatsoever if we do end up missing out on promtion this season.

However the last 6/7 games have been DREADFUL and yet somehow AMAZINGLY we are still top for now.

as i said, if at the end of the season we do miss out on promotion, I won't have a problem with it IF we have fought all the way to the end and missed out due to inability, bad luck or even bad refereeing decisions.

However when the team are in the current position and then produce performances like that at Southampton.......words lose me and it's hard to have much faith in the remaining games. That said all we can do is support them for the last few games and hope for the best.

Without a doubt though.....I'm no longer optmisitc about going up, as for the last 6/7 games, we have produced the performances and even performed with the same commitement level as how we started the season, quite simply right now.....we are bottling it....and it hurts

Good post and I agree with all of that. One thing I would add is that Saturday's result has now made it nigh on impossible and highly probable that we'll be in the top two for much longer. Take a look at the league table...

Bristol City 42 70

Stoke 41 69

-------------------

Hull 41 68

Watford 41 68

WBA 40 67

Wolves 40 61

------------------

Ipswich 41 60

We need Palace to do us a HUGE favour tonight. Hull's game in hand is at home to Barnsley next Tuesday in what looks like a game they will win. West Brom have games in hand at Blackpool tomorrow night and Wolves a week tomorrow. I can see them getting 4pts from those. Watford also host Barnsley this Wedsnesday in what looks like another home win. Realistically, that means we face the probablity of being 3rd or 4th when we take to the field on Saturday. It isn't a disaster though because none of us expected to be here back in August but we need to get the next win sooner rather than later to ensure the play-off's at the very least.

Without a doubt though.....I'm no longer optmisitc about going up, as for the last 6/7 games, we haven't produced the performances or even performed with the same commitement level as how we started the season, quite simply right now.....we are bottling it....and it hurts

Brilliant post and sums up exactly how I feel.

I have no problem in our team losing matches, it happens, but when they don't even put up a fight it really does leave you with a bitter taste in the mouth.

I personally can't believe we played that badly on Saturday, I left St Marys feeling embarrassed to be a City supporter.

If we play like that Saturday there could be a repeat scoreline like the last time Wolves played down the Gate.

Considering an inept performance on the weekend, one might ask who is out of contract at the end of the season and unlikely to be retained. Who was carrying an injury and was the team over trained. It only takes a couple of missing links to break the "team" performance.

Archived