IGNORED

Johnsons Selection Wobbles

mossey

Done a great job this season, far better than we all could have hope for, but he does come up with these odd team selections now and again, I thought Vasko dod well against watford and their forwards only to be dropped for the Plymouth match, and we all know what happened with Fallon, won nearly every header and gave our defence a hard time, sproule, not playing very well for ages, and very disappointing , eventually gets dropped, wilson comes in does ok, gets dropped.

Two full backs both seem to be struggling at the moment, but kept in,

And as for the team selection against Norwich, when annouched before hand, a lot of people in the dolman bar very puzzled by it, Murray, Noble, never in the game, and as for playing one up front at home, never anyone within 10-15 yards of Adobla,selection just didn't work, but more by luck, we got away with it.

But surprise suprise he picks the same team yesterday, why no Brooker, Elliot?, and finally is Johnson just a bit to stubborn? seems to fall out with a few players, then there's no way back for them, Keogh for example, ok, he or his agent made a mistake, but if he goes in and says ok boss, I was wrong perhaps I should have signed that contract, learnt my lesson, surely he ought to be given another chance, and we could certainly do with someone like him at the moment!

Some times some of his selection baffle me, does anyone else agree, or am I going to take hell of a lot of stick for this.

then,

Given our recent form and injuries he has had to tinker and give the squad a go in an effort to push us over the finish line. But, imo this is not about form or selection or formation. Somethings going to give over the next couple of games. I don't know what but i can feel it. The team ( and the support) are either going to come out snarling and fighting or we're going to fizzle out which would be a shame but no disgrace because as the Saints game shows we have been performing above expectation all season really.

Agree about Vasko but we don't know what happened since. Nobes has had a few chances which is fair enough but looks like a passenger to me. He will leave the back four alone as they have got us this far in many ways.

Vasko is now in the land of the banished for not picking up from two set pieces in the first half at Cardiff.

He joins Keogh and, after yesterday, Noble & Murray won't appear again for BCFC-Careers over and they both played like they knew it.

GJ does not allow dissent or even disagreement-Contrary opinion is neither welcome or considered-That's worked for him up to now however, what I have described for weeks as a ultra high risk strategy, is currently backfiring and perhaps our players weren't delighted to hear that should they acheive promotion £30m will be made available to replace them-although, frankly, that's been obvious for ages.

After seeing us fail to perform over ninety minutes since the 9th Feb (Weds Home-12 games) I now believe that we won't win again over the next four games and we'll need something from the PNE game, probably a win, if we're to make the play offs, despite being ten points clear of Ipswich in 7th place, albeit they have a game in hand.

Hull & WBA to be the top two with Stoke, Watford, Wolves and one other, hopefully us, in the play offs.We won't win the play offs or reach the final in any event unless we improve beyond all recognition.

Sorry guys, we're just not performing well enough and the luck's run out-Unless other teams have a savage dip in form or poor runs, we'll need to improve almost 100% to do any better than we are and on yesterdays showing, the players believe that to be the case.

To be fair, we've questioned some of his "wobbly" selections in the past - and he's usually been proved right.

When he brought Vasko on as a sub at S****horpe most of us were questioning his sanity, but it was Vaskos run into the box that led to Orrs flukey goal.

He's had the midas touch in the past and its got us to top spot in the Championship, so i think you have to give him a bit more credit.

He's had good reasons for playing Noble and Murray (Noble to link up play in the top half of the field and Murray to replace an ineffectual Sproule) and he's smart enough to change things if he doesnt think its working out.

And there's not much he could have done about losing the core of our midfield to injury recently (Johnson and Elliott).

If we miss out on promotion, I don't think it would be fair to start blaming GJ, because what he's achieved with a league one squad is incredible.

Archived