IGNORED

Noble And Murray Should Never Play For Us Again

Guest zider_head

Guest zider_head

Murray

Sadly the blokes pace and legs seem to have gone, he isnt up to this level, city legend over the year yes but not playing for month this year then being thrown in isnt fair on him and he isnt doing hisself any justice, I sadly hope we don't see Scott start another game this season. Bench at best if needed due to injurys etc.

I hope he gets his badges he is working towards and stays with city in some way if not, cheltenham is a few junctions up the road one way and yeovils the other mate, thanks for the memorys.

Noble

Has the talent, but lacks fitness (when did he last 90 mins ???) like murry, he isnt cut out for championship footie, div one at best and needs to sort his fitness out if he wants to make somthing rather then waste the talent he has got, could do well to learn from Skuse, Elloit and Johnson for fitness and attitude levels.

I expect I will get some abuse for this but deep down we all know its sadly true

MOD NOTE: NO ALLEGATIONS OF PLAYERS MISBEHAVING OR DRINKING PLEASE.

Murray

Sadly the blokes pace and legs seem to have gone, he isnt up to this level, city legend over the year yes but not playing for month this year then being thrown in isnt fair on him and he isnt doing hisself any justice, I sadly hope we don't see Scott start another game this season. Bench at best if needed due to injurys etc.

I hope he gets his badges he is working towards and stays with city in some way if not, cheltenham is a few junctions up the road one way and yeovils the other mate, thanks for the memorys.

Noble

Has the talent, but lacks fitness (when did he last 90 mins ???) like murry, he isnt cut out for championship footie, div one at best and needs to sort his fitness out if he wants to make somthing rather then waste the talent he has got, could do well to learn from Skuse, Elloit and Johnson for fitness and attitude levels.

I expect I will get some abuse for this but deep down we all know its sadly true

whilst i agree i wouldn't have them in the team now to say they should never play for the club again is out of order

Murray

Noble

I don't agree with Murray - I still think he has a role as an impact player in the last 10-15 mins of a game for this season.

In regard to Noble - he has talent but no fitness, is a shocking player to have as a link man to the solitary striker and attitude problems.

Murray

Noble

Are you posting this to get as many responses as you can by winding people up cos this thread sucks my friend not whats required at all MURRAY is still capable really shouldnt respond this complete S H I T

Guest zider_head

I'm not trying to wind anybody up people

But if you attend the games both home and away its obvious Noble is a unfit player whose sadly wasting (wasted) his talent, to add further weight to this can you name any arsenal players who wengers has let go who have done much apart from Bentley ?

Murray is still a legend and if you read my post I said he is a bench player at best now when required. I would rather have had Byfield in the squad than him yesterday, the only reason he has started the last 2 games is due to Sproule going through a mare, maybe we should try and sort that first ?

But if you attend the games both home and away its obvious Noble is a unfit player whose sadly wasting (wasted) his talent, to add further weight to this can you name any arsenal players who wengers has let go who have done much apart from Bentley ?

Murray is still a legend and if you read my post I said he is a bench player at best now when required. I would rather have had Byfield in the squad than him yesterday, the only reason he has started the last 2 games is due to Sproule going through a mare, maybe we should try and sort that first ?

Is Noble unfit or just lazy, too laid back, ..........call it what you like ?

Last week when he gave the ball away going forward (which was frequently), as Norwich pushed with pace, he could barely break out of walking pace, being overtaken by others frantically racing back.

Is Noble unfit or just lazy, too laid back, ..........call it what you like ?

Last week when he gave the ball away going forward (which was frequently), as Norwich pushed with pace, he could barely break out of walking pace, being overtaken by others frantically racing back.

He was never the paciest player last season - he looked a cut above because he does have talent on the ball, and you're average L1 player showed him up to be better with his control etc.

Now where he playing vs players of that much better quality, it doesnt stand out as much and his lack of pace is highlighted ever more.

I'll be surprised if he is here next season. His attitude is still an issue in regards to him pi$$ ups and that is one area where GJ has a limited tolerance.

One of the players used to invite my brother in law into the players bar some saturday nights, since then GJ has regimented a players' family only law. Noble has fallen foul of the partying side of things a couple of times in the past.

I think next season we won't see Noble, Murray (playing-wise), Skuse, Byfield.

Irrelevant of what league we are in.

I don't think Murray cuts it at this level so I'm sure he will be gone in the summer. Or will only stay on in a player/coaching role?

I thought Noble did OK in the first half actually but again I think he will be gone because Carle is the long term option and I think will be pretty good next season. Shame as he has good ability I think.

Murray

Noble

MOD NOTE: NO ALLEGATIONS OF PLAYERS MISBEHAVING OR DRINKING PLEASE.

As much as it pains me to say this, I think i agree. Murray is probably my favourite player i've seen at City, but he just isn't up to it. Noble hasn't got the legs or strength for the side. Depressingly, I think you might be correct.

Lets be honest Murray wasnt good enough for us last season hes hardly going to set the world a light in a higher league is he. Started the season well when he was used as an impact man but just aint going to have any/much effect if he starts.

I find it strange that GJ has just started playing him after he wasnt even making the bench before hand.

Lets be honest Murray wasnt good enough for us last season hes hardly going to set the world a light in a higher league is he. Started the season well when he was used as an impact man but just aint going to have any/much effect if he starts.

I find it strange that GJ has just started playing him after he wasnt even making the bench before hand.

Murray did alright last season and scored some vital goals. In fact, he had a good season until he became injured.

Guest zider_head

I'm living in the present unlike some on here, scott is a city legend fact but he isnt upto it at this level now div 1 or 2 at best sadly

I predict Noble will be part of a big clear out at the end of the season. My nan has more pace.

I'm also think that there maybe a big clear out in the summer, whatever division we are in. There are lots of players out of contract and hopefully some will sign new deals but there are many that will probably move on:

Basso - Hopefully stay

Weale - Depends on whether Basso wants to leave if we don't get promoted.

Henderson - Leave

Orr - Stay

Keogh - Leave

Fontaine - Stay

Vasko - Leave

McAllister - Not sure, getting older and too inconsistent

Murray - Hopefully gets a coaching role, but his playing days look limited

Russell - Leave

Johnson - Hopefully stay

Noble - Has talent but lacks fitness and will probably leave

Byfield - Leave

Showumni - Leave

I can see a lot of these players leaving at the end of the season and there are also players like Wilson, Betsy and Trundle who may also depart at the end of the season.

Both players had a key part to play in our promotion, but have had less impact this season. Does that mean they are not good enough for this level or just not been fit or in Johnson's plans - not sure?

Difficult to single out 1 or 2 players from Soton game as all apart from Basso were poor.

But generally speaking, Murray lacks pace, which was his trademark, but has experience and looked good against Norwich. Noble has played well a couple of times this season and shown his skill to good effect, but last few games he has played he has given the ball away far too much and done little to suggest he is worth a place in the team.

For many players, the end of the season will be a key crunch point, whatever division. There are a good number who have rarely played this season - Weale, Russell, Keogh, Wilson, Myrie-Williams, Skuse, Showumni, Murray and Noble who may well want to consider their options, and others like Byfield and Trundle who may have expected to play more and offer more, who could be on their way, as well as Vasko who we have an option to buy but who has hardly set the world on fire for us. However, that would be one hell of a clear out, particularly considering how well we have actually done this season with them as squad players.

Sadly, I agree for the most part Zider Head. Murray's done brilliant for us over the year's and is one of my all time City legends but he's not up to speed to be starting games these days.

Noble's game has nothing to do with his fitness IMHO though. He was adding quality to the team at the start of the season but since he's come back for the last two games that quality has been lacking and he looks a liability. Shame because he a class player on his day and can dictate games but he will be bombed out June no doubt about it.

Safe to say that if we get to the Prem, both will be gone. Funny, my mates' dad is adamant that Noble is Premier League quality and much better than Carle. I don't think either are anything special to be honest. On Scotty, he was great back in the day and is a cult fave down the Gate. But he's getting on now :laugh: All good thigns come to an end as they say...

I'm also think that there maybe a big clear out in the summer, whatever division we are in. There are lots of players out of contract and hopefully some will sign new deals but there are many that will probably move on:

Basso - Hopefully stay

Weale - Depends on whether Basso wants to leave if we don't get promoted.

Henderson - Leave

Orr - Stay

Keogh - Leave

Fontaine - Stay

Vasko - Leave

McAllister - Not sure, getting older and too inconsistent

Murray - Hopefully gets a coaching role, but his playing days look limited

Russell - Leave

Johnson - Hopefully stay

Noble - Has talent but lacks fitness and will probably leave

Byfield - Leave

Showumni - Leave

I can see a lot of these players leaving at the end of the season and there are also players like Wilson, Betsy and Trundle who may also depart at the end of the season.

Apart from McAllister, who I think will get another year and GJ wanting to keep both Basso and Weale, I'd say you were 100% right, as you say you can also add forgotten man Kevin Betsy to the exit list, too.

Guest zider_head

My Views

Basso - Hopefully stay

Weale - Fitness a issue but good cover

Henderson - Leave

Orr - Stay

Keogh - Leave to cheltenham

Fontaine - Stay

Vasko - Stay on a year deal

McAllister - Stay but will be replaced at left back squad player

Murray - Hopefully gets a coaching role, but if he wants to play he can get a lift with Keogh and Russell to cheltenham

Russell - Leave to cheltenham

Johnson - Stay

Noble - Has talent but lacks fitness and attitude = leave

Byfield - Leave

Showumni - Leave

Betsy - Leave

Myre Williams - unsure

Skuse - Stay

Plummer - either go on loan or leave

Artus - see above

Trundle - back to swans ?

My Views

Basso - Hopefully stay

Weale - Fitness a issue but good cover

Henderson - Leave

Orr - Stay

Keogh - Leave to cheltenham

Fontaine - Stay

Vasko - Stay on a year deal

McAllister - Stay but will be replaced at left back squad player

Murray - Hopefully gets a coaching role, but if he wants to play he can get a lift with Keogh and Russell to cheltenham

Russell - Leave to cheltenham

Johnson - Stay

Noble - Has talent but lacks fitness and attitude = leave

Byfield - Leave

Showumni - Leave

Betsy - Leave

Myre Williams - unsure

Skuse - Stay

Plummer - either go on loan or leave

Artus - see above

Trundle - back to swans ?

Hahaha, I've flown across to Chicago sunday for work, thinking I'll be away from it for a few days.

First headline I see from the local papers "Weekend actions shame City" - too bloody right.

However I think they may not be about us though....

Anyway back to this post -

I reckon this is pretty close to being spot on.

Points I would make -

I thought Betsy had already gone permanently anyway?

Myrie-Williams I think will stay but go on another long loan.

McAllister will probably stay as there'd be too much upheaval otherwise but I think we can get better now.

Fontaine and Carey should be the heart of the back 4 for another season in the CCC (if that's where we are)

Controversial but I'd get rid of McCombe - I still do not regard him as a quality CCC defender.

This season should have at least raised our profile as a decent club playing decent football (when we don't resort to flipping hoofing it) - we should be able to attract what I would call "quality championship players"

Trundle - an enigma. I know a lad from Swansea and he reckons it would be backward looking for them if they took him.

He also added (and he may have been winding me up) that they would have gone with Scotland and Robinson up front whether he was there or not.

Hahaha, I've flown across to Chicago sunday for work, thinking I'll be away from it for a few days.

First headline I see from the local papers "Weekend actions shame City" - too bloody right.

However I think they may not be about us though....

Anyway back to this post -

I reckon this is pretty close to being spot on.

Points I would make -

I thought Betsy had already gone permanently anyway?

Myrie-Williams I think will stay but go on another long loan.

McAllister will probably stay as there'd be too much upheaval otherwise but I think we can get better now.

Fontaine and Carey should be the heart of the back 4 for another season in the CCC (if that's where we are)

Controversial but I'd get rid of McCombe - I still do not regard him as a quality CCC defender.

This season should have at least raised our profile as a decent club playing decent football (when we don't resort to flipping hoofing it) - we should be able to attract what I would call "quality championship players"

Trundle - an enigma. I know a lad from Swansea and he reckons it would be backward looking for them if they took him.

He also added (and he may have been winding me up) that they would have gone with Scotland and Robinson up front whether he was there or not.

Disagree about McCoombe. Not the best at this level but very capable.

Thiery Henry?

Archived