IGNORED

They Wanted It More - Gary

Somerset Red

Duff excuse if you ask me.

Simply down to poor picks and poor tactics.

Here here.......only one person to blame

It has been clear for a while now that the lone wolf up front is no good at this stage of season

When you are playing teams low on confidence and form you don't invite them to attack you

you go out and knock them back early

I am sad to say that we are going to fail in achieving the dream but I would feel a little better if we at least failed having a good go and trying to beat all the teams we come up against instead of pussy footing around with mindless passes going nowhere

From the main site.....

So can anyone explain WHY they wanted it more????????

:noexpression:

losing I can accept, but not in that manner, no effort, no desire, no fight. POOR

team selection wasn't right, many people would have made many changes no doubt following the Norwich game, and you can understand his past repuation of don't change a winning team.

However I'd imagine majority of us would have agreed prior to Southampton of one simple change.....Noble for Brooker. Unfortunately that didn't happen at the start and had to do until half-time when we were 1-0nil and had to try to go for it.

Crikey people get a grip!!!

From all the negative posts on OTIB since Saturday, anyone would think that we were fighting relegation!

And to all those who expect teams to play at home or at AG and simply roll over and die - you'd better think again.

Southampton, with a lot of Prem experienced players, in the relegation dogfight were NEVER going to be easy.

It seems a lot of people on here the past week have been looking at the table with the 3 points from Soton already added!

Just goes to make you think, with all the wrist cutting and soul searching on here after Saturday, what would this place be like if we did get promoted and had a slightly better season than Derby, but obviously losing a lot more than this season?

Like Eric Idle sang "Always look on the bright side of life"

From all the negative posts on OTIB since Saturday, anyone would think that we were fighting relegation!

And to all those who expect teams to play at home or at AG and simply roll over and die - you'd better think again.

Southampton, with a lot of Prem experienced players, in the relegation dogfight were NEVER going to be easy.

It seems a lot of people on here the past week have been looking at the table with the 3 points from Soton already added!

Just goes to make you think, with all the wrist cutting and soul searching on here after Saturday, what would this place be like if we did get promoted and had a slightly better season than Derby, but obviously losing a lot more than this season?

NO NO NO NO!!! Easton Boy PLEASE - take off the rose tinted glasses.

NO NO NO NO!!! Easton Boy PLEASE - take off the rose tinted glasses.

Where honestly would you have liked or expected us to finish this season, 4th from bottom, 17th, mid-table, 10th?

I am not a mindless happy clapper, never put a post or comment on a game I haven't been to.

But Bl**y hell, we are still top****il tonight at least). I know we have not been playing well recently,even my rose tinted glasses allow me to see that, but neither has anyone else(except Hull).

Personally, I don't think that we have enough in the tank to make auto promotion and we are not a cup team so play-offs are out of the water, but top 6 finish?, I would have snatched your hand off at the start of the season if you'd offered that to me (btw I was HOPING for 4th from bottom in August)

it's not about the fact that we lost though, it's how we lost that is the problem, as others have said in other threads it's was worse than the Ipswich performance, despite getting hammered up their at least the players showed some fight.

saturday's result, I can deal with, no problem, but the manner in which we lost was a discrace.

all I want is players who will work hard for the team and give their all on a matchday and they will get my support, . On Saturday that wasn't the case and it left has left a sour taste in alot of people's mouths, quite simply it was pathetic.

ranks up their with the likes of Swansea and Brighton for me.

Where honestly would you have liked or expected us to finish this season, 4th from bottom, 17th, mid-table, 10th?

I am not a mindless happy clapper, never put a post or comment on a game I haven't been to.

But Bl**y hell, we are still top****il tonight at least). I know we have not been playing well recently,even my rose tinted glasses allow me to see that, but neither has anyone else(except Hull).

Personally, I don't think that we have enough in the tank to make auto promotion and we are not a cup team so play-offs are out of the water, but top 6 finish?, I would have snatched your hand off at the start of the season if you'd offered that to me (btw I was HOPING for 4th from bottom in August)

that's the thing though.....league positon until the last game of the season, doesn't count for anything. Yes I would have taken this postion at the start of the season, but as of today, Yes we have the points and are top, but most people will be gobsmacked if we are top 2 come Saturday.

Losing is one thing. but losing in saturday's manner is just disgusting.

it's not about the fact that we lost though, it's how we lost that is the problem, as others have said in other threads it's was worse than the Ipswich performance, despite getting hammered up their at least the players showed some fight.

saturday's result, I can deal with, no problem, but the manner in which we lost was a discrace.

all I want is players who will work hard for the team and give their all on a matchday and they will get my support, . On Saturday that wasn't the case and it left has left a sour taste in alot of people's mouths, quite simply it was pathetic.

ranks up their with the likes of Swansea and Brighton for me.

I have respect for your comments bh - you were there.

Fortunately, despite ANOTHER bad day at the office, we are still top. Whilst this performance perhaps(wasn't there can't comment) up to scratch, a season is over 46 games and our position at the end is the cumulative result of all 46 games.

I appreciate that you follow City away, at great cost to yourself and are entirely entitled to your opinion.

It just seems that a lot of posts on this forum since Saturday, and a little while before, are questioning the man who got us to where we are TODAY(Top - just....)

I have respect for your comments bh - you were there.

Fortunately, despite ANOTHER bad day at the office, we are still top. Whilst this performance perhaps(wasn't there can't comment) up to scratch, a season is over 46 games and our position at the end is the cumulative result of all 46 games.

I appreciate that you follow City away, at great cost to yourself and are entirely entitled to your opinion.

It just seems that a lot of posts on this forum since Saturday, and a little while before, are questioning the man who got us to where we are TODAY(Top - just....)

to be fair, personally I have no problems with Gary whatsoever. He was my first as soon as Tinnion went and has had my Full backing since he has taken over including during the losing run, which you could see short-term it was bad, but long term their was bigger problems at City behind the scenes.

The team he put out on saturday, was pretty much the right one (only change would have been the blatantly obvious Brooker starting over Noble) however once the players do get out on the field, he's done pretty much, as much as he can. The problem on saturday wasn't the Manager for me, even when it wasn't working he made the right changes at Half-Time.

It's a simple case that too many players on the day, completely and utterly froze, bar Basso quite simply as everyone else was crap and didn't turn up.

in the Hotel bar afterwards a few of us discussed the game and what the biggest problem, but no one could put their finger on WHY it's suddenly gone so wrong,

some people are trying to write it off as a blip..........however it's not just saturday, it's the last 7 games, where we have taken 6 points from the last 21 (jury's still out on whether we deserved 3 against Norwich). With that kinda of form we don't deserve promotion at the moment quite honestly. How we are top I don't know but I'll be nothing short of gobsmacked if we are still top 2 come saturday, that said I've been saying the same thing for a couple of weeks now.

Either way. We are in our worst form probably of the season and for me, Saturday was our worst performance of the season by a mile, as I've said before, I can handle losing if the players give their all. but that wasn't the case on saturday in the slightest.

to be fair, personally I have no problems with Gary whatsoever. He was my first as soon as Tinnion went and has had my Full backing since he has taken over including during the losing run, which you could see short-term it was bad, but long term their was bigger problems at City behind the scenes.

The team he put out on saturday, was pretty much the right one (only change would have been the blatantly obvious Brooker starting over Noble) however once the players do get out on the field, he's done pretty much, as much as he can. The problem on saturday wasn't the Manager for me, even when it wasn't working he made the right changes at Half-Time.

It's a simple case that too many players on the day, completely and utterly froze, bar Basso quite simply as everyone else was crap and didn't turn up.

in the Hotel bar afterwards a few of us discussed the game and what the biggest problem, but no one could put their finger on WHY it's suddenly gone so wrong,

some people are trying to write it off as a blip..........however it's not just saturday, it's the last 7 games, where we have taken 6 points from the last 21 (jury's still out on whether we deserved 3 against Norwich). With that kinda of form we don't deserve promotion at the moment quite honestly. How we are top I don't know but I'll be nothing short of gobsmacked if we are still top 2 come saturday, that said I've been saying the same thing for a couple of weeks now.

Either way. We are in our worst form probably of the season and for me, Saturday was our worst performance of the season by a mile, as I've said before, I can handle losing if the players give their all. but that wasn't the case on saturday in the slightest.

Thank you for your sensible reply.

It does seem odd though, that during the week he said on TV/BCFC website that they have had a great week training and everyone is really looking forward to it / up for it and the result is what you've described - apparently VERY lack lustre performances from everyone (bar Basso) on the pitch - did that include Brooker?

Its gone wrong in the midfield with the injuries to Elliott and Johnson, both of whom are still not 100%.

Not sure why Murray has gone straight from being frozen out to being a starting player. Personally I would start Sproule or Wilson (who had a great effort against Leicester) and bring Scotty on a sub, when he looks to have a bit more pace than tiring full backs.

Also Noble fell out of favour for a while, has all of a sudden come back into the team and is not in my opinion fully fit or in anything like real form. Against Sheffield Utd he was awesome. Unfortunately hes the sort of player that when not fit is pretty awful - I thought he looked like a pub player when making his debut at Donny a couple of years ago.

Carey has not been the same since coming back after injury either. Then Bradley and McAllister seem to lose concentration defensively at certain away games.

Adebola looks knackered too (see the pattern emerging?!)

I would have hoped that we would be able to sort out the injury issues now we have just one game a week, but the season seems to be taking its toll now. Imagine how much worse it would be if we had Tuesday night games as well.

Of the players that are fully fit and have not been injured, McIndoe, Sproule and Carle have failed to create anything recently (or in Carle's case, at all), which has hardly helped matters.

Still, Basso is playing out of his skin and with god on his side, who knows what may happen!

Thank you for your sensible reply.

It does seem odd though, that during the week he said on TV/BCFC website that they have had a great week training and everyone is really looking forward to it / up for it and the result is what you've described - apparently VERY lack lustre performances from everyone (bar Basso) on the pitch - did that include Brooker?

Brooker. To be honest he started off very well, but as other forwards have had similar problems this season, you can't do anything if you don't get the ball and I barely remember him being involved that said though, we did look better in the 2nd half when him and Sproule came in, though that's not really saying anything as the first half was some of the worst football I've have ever seen, unfortunately though for the last 20mins I barely remember much of the game, as I was sat right behind all the trouble and in all honestly as mentioned in the other thread and all hell had broken lose and it's fairly hard to watch the game when you have idiots directly infront of you trying to kill each other.

quite simply though in the month for me too many players have lost form and fitness

Elliott and Adebola looked knackered.

LJ has missed games and hasn't looked right since coming back.

Murray and Noble since coming back have both been nothing short of dreadful (and it really REALLY hurts to say that about Murray)

Orr since suspension has been a mess and his passing has been worse than ever.

Carey doesn't look really fit.

Sproule has dipped totally.

McCombe's goals have dried up, which was always going to happen.

the only bright spot has been Basso saving us, and the return of Brooker and for the record I thought Trundle was just starting to perform and did ok against Plymouth and Cardiff, but hasn't been seen since then strangely. Not even on the bench.

McCombe's goals have dried up, which was always going to happen.

Perhaps that says it all :whistle2: Its all McCombes Fault (joke)

Again speaking personally, didn't think Trundle did too much wrong against Plymuff; and Johnson looked okay for the half he played against Norwich.

Just seems to me that our smallish squad(in terms of quality 2nd string players-judging by Murray and Nobes) looks as though it is straining at the seems.

I have been saying for a couple of months now that Elliott has looked knackered, hope the rest against Norwich does him some good come Saturday.

I would probably add to that Macca passing hasn't been too great of late either.

Archived