IGNORED

30 Million

leadman

this 30 million thats being branded about.

has it got into the mind of the players, ah well, were off if we go up but staying if we don't.

also, mcoombe branded the villian of the piece by the daily mirror, basso MOM stopped the cricket score soton diserved according to them.

i would like to see vasko or fonts in, if wolves have got quick strikers that is.

trundle and byfield, worth a shout now, been out for a few and still we aint scoring?

Guest zider_head

Ebanks Blake is nippy

I wondered a similar thing if we did spend 30 million i would expect us to bring in say 6/7 players at 3 million a pop and a couple at 6 million (strikers) meaning only Basso and Mcindoe survive really

You don't get much of a striker for £6m these days.

Alves cost Boro £10m+ in January and hes has only just got on the score sheet......

If (big if) we get promoted then it's a win win ££££ situation for the present players:

1. Big promo bonus

2. Wage increase on their existing contracts and a

3. High selling price - promotion pedigree - if they go

plus they get a chance to see if they can cut it at the very top level.

I don't think the £30m is a distraction.

:noexpression:

If city go up, this statistic means means that the TEAM are too good for this league. Perhaps this team should then be tested in the league above. Maybe one or two signings to strenghthen, but if a massive sprending spree is initiated, you no longer have a team but a group of expensive individuals who are suddenly kissing the badge of City.

Then again, with the prem being so strong its a double edged sword.

If city do go up and come straight back down, who would you rather have back in the Championship. Would you still want this group of expensive individuals or the team that GJ has now ?

I don't think the £30m is a distraction.

:noexpression:

I agree with Big Nose, £30 million definately will not buy too many top quality Premier League players. In this respect our existing players' jobs are safe as houses if we gain promotion. I still think Steve Lansdown should be really careful with what he says to the media as broadcasting that there's £40 million to spend - if we gain promotion - has started all kinds of potentially damaging rumours.

Ebanks Blake is nippy

I wondered a similar thing if we did spend 30 million i would expect us to bring in say 6/7 players at 3 million a pop and a couple at 6 million (strikers) meaning only Basso and Mcindoe survive really

No place for Elliot then?

this 30 million thats being branded about.

has it got into the mind of the players, ah well, were off if we go up but staying if we don't.

I've just got off the phone with a friend having had exactly that conversation. Why on earth would SL allow himself being quoted on that at such a critical point in the season? Not the best timing. These last four games are absolutely mega and 10 points is the bottom line if the month of May is going to be heart attack free. Keep the focus and think about your end of season bonuses lads!!

Come on you REDSSSSS>

Guest zider_head

Okay elliot yes

Orr - No, too slow and cant pass that well

Carey - Great players but would get done for pace

McCombe - Too slow

Fountine - Would cut it, good squad player

Mcallister - See Orr

Riberio - who knows ???

Okay elliot yes

Orr - No, too slow and cant pass that well

Carey - Great players but would get done for pace

McCombe - Too slow

Fountine - Would cut it, good squad player

Mcallister - See Orr

Riberio - who knows ???

How about Vasko?

He was excellent vs Watford, and marked Del Piero out of the game when Hungary played Italy last year so there is surely a good player in there somewhere.

Archived